[ch. 24]

hey you! yes you reading. if you know ishton arwin isn't 21. i love you!
-

"Put the house on lockdown!" Luke shouted as we entered the house, he startled Ashton who threw chips around from Luke's loud echoing voice.

"Damnit Ashton I just mopped!" Harry shouted from the kitchen. Ashton gave Luke a look and Luke totally ignored it closing the front door and locking it.

"I'm serious the house needs to go on lockdown now." Luke demanded leaving Harry and Ashton with confused looks on their face.

"What happened?!" Harry panicked looking over at me with worried eyes.

"Someone spotted Lana at the mall, one of Marc's guys. We have to protect her and I mean now before something happens." Luke said running over to the side of the wall and putting the house on lockdown.

I was so scared about all of this and I almost wanted to tell Luke that I want to go home but it's not safe for me there. I'm only safe with these three and can't trust anyone else but them.

Ashton came running towards me as our bodies collided sending us both to the hardwood floor. "What the heck Ash?" I questioned with a slight attitude, "Why did you tackle me?" I asked sitting up with a groan while Luke helped me up and gave Ashton a glare.

"Just practicing in case someone starts shooting at the house." Ashton said crossing his arms.

"The house is on lockdown Ash, no one can get in or out without us knowing." Harry reminded him and Ashton's cheeks got all red from embarrassment.

"Come on Lana, let's go upstairs." Luke said, nodding I followed him to our room and laid on the bed as I groaned deeply into my pillow.

Luke got in the bed with me and was sitting up while rubbing my back, "Who was that Kimberly thing?" I asked a little rudely and I didn't even catch myself that I had called her a thing until Luke gave me a look.

"Lana it's not what you think," Luke tried to explain and I already didn't want to hear anymore of it. "We use to date for a long time but I'm over her okay?" He said, I didn't even answer him because I didn't know if I truly believed he was or not.

"K." I said now turning my back towards him not wanting to discus this conversation any further.

"K?" Luke questioned with a slight chuckle, "Lana come on don't be like this, I said I was over her, that's it. She isn't going to come between us." He explained softly but a little harsh as well due to the fact that I had just k'd him.

"Alright Luke I get it." I said angrily, I hadn't any idea as to why I'm acting the way that I am, maybe the fact of Kimberly popping up out of nowhere and acting like I was invisible made me mad.

"Did I do something wrong?" Luke asked and I could only imagine him trying to pout right now to get me to turn around.

"No Luke I'm just, agitated." I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose.

"From me?"

No!" I snapped at him not meaning to, "I'm agitated because of Kimberly, and that she treated me like I wasn't there and was all over you!" I didn't mean to blow up on him like that, I was just in a really bad mood because of what had happened at the mall.

"Lana I told you I don't like her anymore, why is this bothering you so much?" He asked, right then and there I almost wanted to just scream but I didn't want us to fight.

"Because I love you Luke!" I yelled, "Okay that's why." I said crossing my arms. That's when I realized I had just told him that I loved him and saw his eyes were wide.

He dropped his head down and sighed deeply and I began to feel my heart ache at the sight of that. "Lana.." He said softly as he grabbed the two of my hands.

"No I shouldn't have said anything, just forget it.." I said trying to holdback from crying. I remembered Harry telling me that love isn't Luke's thing and that he has a hard time showing his feelings and everything. This is what he meant by me getting hurt, Luke not saying it back to me.

"Lana please listen-"

"Just forget about it Luke." I said standing up and quickly walking towards the door when Luke stood in front of it.

"Lana stop." Luke snapped grabbing ahold of my waist and spinning me around so now I was up against the wall.

"Luke let me go, this conversation is over, sorry I ever said anything." I said pushing on his chest so he'd back away from me, which he did only to put his hand over mine which was already on the door handle.

"Please Lana, I just..." He paused bitting down on his bottom lip and his jaw clenched.

"Just what?" I asked looking him dead in his ocean blue eyes that gave me a sad look.

"I can't, I don't know how to..." He said fumbling with his words, all I did was nod and open the door. "I'm sorry." He apologized.

I stood there in the hallway with my back facing him as I took a deep breath, "I'm sorry too." I sniffled before shutting the door behind me and walking into the upstairs bathroom. I shut the door and slid my back down it as I began to let my tears fall.

I'm so stupid, why did I even blurt out that I loved him like that? Now everything between us will be awkward because I told him I loved him. But it's not the fact that I told him I loved him, it's that he didn't say it back and or couldn't. That's what's really upsetting me. I shouldn't have said anything, I had just ruined everything we could've been just by saying those three little words.

I'm angry with myself, so angry I just wanted to go to an open field and scream. As if things could get worse..

There was a knock on the bathroom door, "Lana your mum is calling you." It was Luke's voice, I cracked the door open just to grab my phone and shut it again not wanting him to see me cry.

I held the phone up to my ear and answered her, "Hello?"

"Lana, where have you been!" She shouted, "The trash has been piling up and the house is just a mess! Come home and clean my house!" She yelled at me. That's the only reason she called me, was to clean her stupid house?! Not even to see if I was okay or safe in that matter.

"No." I snapped back at her and I heard her gasp.

"What!?"

"I said no, I'm no longer living under your roof there for its your house. You clean it." I said feeling revealed that I could get that off my chest.

"You aren't even eighteen yet young lady and until then you live under my house and follow my rules. Get home right now!" She snapped at me and I wasn't about to go home to her.

"What do you care, you didn't even know I was gone for so long. Sorry mom but I don't follow your rules anymore, I live under somebody else's roof. Somebody who actually cares about my safety and wellbeing." I said causing her to go dead silent on the other line. "Goodbye mom." And with that I hung up on her and had a big smile on my face.

I was free from my mother, no more rules or living under her roof which was basically hell. I may have gotten carried away with saying I live under someone else's roof, technically I don't since I don't live with Harry exactly. Hopefully he'd be able to still provide a roof over my head when all of this ends, I can't go back home to my mother.

I unlocked my phone and began looking for the number I wanted to call so I could talk to them. It began to rang and I sniffled as I heard a voice answer from the other line, "Hey Lana what do you need?" That's when I began to whimper unable to let out the words. "What's wrong?"

"Can you come to the upstairs bathroom?" I sniffled.

"I'll be right there." He said as he hung up. I sat in there waiting until I heard a knock at the door, opening it he stood there and entered giving me a big hug before I sat down across from him and began to explain what all happened.

-

sorry it's been so long i was out of town and had no signal :/ but im here now :) hope you enjoyed.

nicole xx