[ch. 12]

lol oh naughtyboy... wrong fandom to mess with dude. [smfh]
-
Luke was driving and has been for a good hour and a half, neither of us said a word to another and Luke's grip on the wheel kept getting tighter and tighter while his jaw began to clench. I just sat back too afraid to say anything in fear it may cause him to get angry and lose control.

"Fuck!" He swore after awhile which startled me causing me to jump and look at him worriedly.

I heard a slight growl part from his lips as he pulled over on the highway. He put his blinkers on and got out of the car slamming the door shut. The only thing I could hear was Luke aggressively screaming and swearing up a storm. He got down to the road and I couldn't see him anymore which worried me. I rolled down the window and heard Luke clearly as he swore, I looked at him and saw he was punching the road causing his knuckles to bleed.

"Luke!" I yelled crawling out of the window, it hurt but I didn't care, I just wanted to get to Luke. "Hey, stop it." I said trying to stop him but he didn't. If he continued he'd break his hand soon.

"God fucking damnit!" He swore with tears streaming down his face. I cupped his cheeks and he slowly began to stop as his breath was uneven.

"Look at me," I said softly as he took a deep breath, "It's okay." I whispered to him as I pulled him close to me and wrapped my arms around him giving him a big hug as I rubbed his back to sooth/calm him down.

"I've gotten you into harms way now Lana, I should've never- we can't..." Luke began to trail off as he looked away from me running his fingers through his hair. "I'm taking you home after that, we're done with whatever this is that we were starting." Luke said and my eyes went wide as I felt my heart drop.

"Luke you can't leave me, what if they come for me?" I asked him, he stood up and grabbed my wrist dragging me back into the car.

"They'll think you're with me so they won't come for you Lana." Luke said starting the car back up as he drove to the nearest exit so he could turn around and take me home. "I'm sorry, it's best this way.." Luke mumbled as if he were trying to convince himself that this was best.

"We can work this out, Luke."

"Damnit Lana no we can't!" Luke snapped at me causing me to jump and become frightened by his sudden outburst. Luke took a deep breath and turned to look at me with sad eyes, "Lana-"

"Don't touch me." I whimpered now a little bit scared of him. He looked at me with worried and kept his focus on the road as I moved as far from him as I could, so I was basically up against the door.

It was a silent car ride for about twenty minutes until Luke spoke up when we hit a red light. "Do I scare you Lana?" He asked me, but he didn't look directly at me, he kept his gaze on the road still. I didn't answer him, I just stared out the window. "Lana, answer me please." Luke begged, I turned to look at him as tears slid down my cheek.

"I'm basically in a car with a criminal.." I mumbled and that seemed to anger Luke.

"I'm not a criminal!" He growled smashing his fists onto the dashboard as he breathes heavily. "I didn't have a choice, I was trying to protect my family.." Luke mumbled as I heard him sniffle and lay his head on the wheel. The light turned green and he drove to the side of the road once again and tried to calm down.

"Luke-"

"I tried to stop them, and fix everything that I did..." Luke trailed off wiping his eyes, "It was too late.." Luke said as his lip began to quiver as I reached to hold his hand but he shied away from my touch.

"Luke, it's okay." I tried reassuring him but that seemed to upset him even more.

"No it's not, it's not okay." Luke chocked up as he began to cough. "I killed them!" He yelled punching the wheel.

"Killed?" I questioned as my eye grew wide in terror.

"It was an accident, I didn't mean for it to go that far. I didn't know they'd, set it on fire.." Luke said swallowing hard. "I killed my own two brothers Lana, I have to live with that for the rest of my life when I never meant for anyone to get hurt! I'm a murder, a murder who doesn't deserve to live..-"

"Stop it!" I shouted at him, he looked over at me startled. "It was an accident and those happen-"

"Like killing your own brothers?" He asked cutting me off as he narrowed his eyebrows at me. "I could go to jail, telling the judge it was an accident isn't going to help my case. It'll make it worse." Luke said tightening his grip on the wheel.

I sat there silently twiddling with my thumbs until a black Mercedes rammed the side of Luke's car causing Luke to swerve into the right lane almost hitting the car next to him. Luke began to speed up and cut in front of cars on the highway so he could get away from the Mercedes but it was still right behind us when I turned back. It tried to ram the back of Luke's car but Luke got into the left hand lane and sped away as fast as he could glancing at me with a worried look.

There was another black Mercedes next to us yet again and the same car that hit us before was now behind us. The one next to us rolled down their window and held a gun out the window causing my eyes to widen. "Luke!"

"Lana get down!" Luke instructed me as he ducked down just in time as the bullet went through the two front windows. I was shaking in terror thinking that I was going to die. "Keep your head down." Luke said.

He took out something from his glove compartment and I gasped when I saw what it was. Luke cocked it back and shot at the car next to us causing them to swerve into the car behind us and hot one another. Luke drove across the intersection to turn around, I sat up and still kept my distance from Luke.

"Lana, are you alrig-"

"Take me home Luke.." I mumbled facing the window as I cut him off.

"Lana-"

"Luke," I snapped turning to face him with tears staining my cheeks. "Take me home, now." I demanded, Luke went to cup my cheeks but I flinched away from him.

We didn't utter a word to each other, it was a silent ride as Luke gripped the steering wheel tightly the entire ride back to my house.

-

sorry this took so long to write, prepping for exams (ew)

but what is ur guys honest opinion about what happened between louis and nb in the twitter fight? jw.

nicole xx