[ch. 16]

Once we were all cleaned up I had taken my shower and began to look at the bags Ashton had gotten from the store. There were a ton of clothes in there all for me and I immediately felt bad wondering how much the cost was. I'm going to have to pay him back once I get the money.

I grabbed the ripped black skinny jeans Ashton had gotten me and put them on, along with a band t-shirt that I slid over my head. I saw a flannel and tied it around my waist while I slid on some shoes.

"Lana, are you ready?" Luke's voice called up the stairs to me.

"Yes." I answered back opening up the door and heading downstairs. Luke was dressed and ready, and might I say that Ashton did great at cleaning the kitchen although Luke and I should've done that part.

"Ready to go?" Ashton asked as he came out in a uniform. I looked at the two of them and arched up my eyebrows.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"My football game." Ashton said running out the door with Luke and I following quickly behind him. Ashton started the car and we were off to his football (soccer) game.

Ashton was speeding assuming he was late we were there in fifteen minutes. He handed Luke the keys and ran to the field without his cleats on. Luke and I got out locking up the car and heading to the fields as well to see Ashton's soccer game.

"Come on lucky seven!" Luke shouted cheering Ashton on as the two of us sat down in the bleachers watching the game that had just begun. Ashton gave Luke a sign and Luke responded with a fist bump.

"What was that?" I asked him, he looked down at me and kissed the top of my forehead.

"He tells me all the plays he's gonna do and we made up a secret code for all of them." Luke explained, "He said he'll make a goal for you." He said.

I looked down at Ashton to see him kick the ball through the guy who's guarding him legs and was about to kick it to make a goal when one of the players on the other team slid in front of Ashton and kicked him in the shin sending him to the ground.

"That's a foul!" Luke shouted getting furious that the referee didn't call anything on it. "Do you need to get your eyes checked?!" Luke yelled and I put my hand on his chest and looked up at him.

"Luke relax." I said in a soft soothing voice.

"But that was a foul Lana he-"

"Luke it's alright, Ashton's okay look." I pointed as we watched Ashton run down the field.

"Come on Ashton, pressure!" His coach yelled at him. Ashton ran down the field and stole the ball and ran towards the goal.

What stopped Ashton from scoring was not a player this time but an incoming flying object that hit him in his shoulder sending him to the ground. "Ashton!" I shouted in a panic.

Everyone began to scream and run off the field and to their cars, Ashton ran over to us as Luke grabbed hold of my hand and began to drag me along to keep up with his and Ashton.

"Ashton you're bleeding." I said, he took off his bandana and tied it around his shoulder to stop the blood from coming out. Luke got me into the car as Ashton drove away from the field quickly. I hadn't a clue as to what was going on but I had an idea that it wasn't good.

"When we get inside Luke pack up all of your guys stuff and bring it to the car while I get this damn bullet out of my shoulder." Ashton said as Luke nodded.

"What about me?" I asked.

"Stay in the car." Ashton told me as the two of them got out of the car and quickly ran inside as I heard the doors lock. I was really scared at this point but I knew we weren't safe so we had to leave to a place we would be.