[ch. 8]

im so sorry i havent been updating as much guys :(
but i hope you all enjoy this chapter.
-

I wasn't suppose to leave the hospital but I did, Michael took me home and made sure I was comfortable before he left after about an hour or so. Calum spent half the time trying to find a movie on Netflix to watch while Michael grabbed almost all the food from my kitchen. I was home alone now and have absolutely nothing to do so I've been laying on this couch for a good twenty minutes. That's when I heard a knock at the door and the door opened to reveal Luke.

"Oh Lana." He sighed with relief shutting the door quickly as he ran towards me with open arms. He hugged me gently knowing I was still in pain, he cupped my cheeks lightly and began to inspect me. "You're alright," he breathed out heavily, "You're alright." He repeated in a whisper before holding my head close to his chest while his fingers ran through my hair.

I remembered what happened at the hospital and began to push Luke away from me, "You have a lot of explaining to do Luke.." I mumbled trying to stay away from him right now.

"Lana, Michael was just trying to scare you." Luke said bitting down on the bottom of his lip.

"You're lying through your teeth." I said in disbelief. "I bet everything you've been telling me is lies too." I said with wide eyes and Luke gave me a worried look.

"No that's not true, everything I've told you is true Lana." Luke said moving closer to me on the couch.

"Oh yeah, prove it." I said crossing my arms. That's when I felt lips on mine as they began moving in perfect sync with each other. Luke cupped my face while my fingers roamed through his hair.

He pulled away and gave me a cheeky grin, "How's that for proof?" He asked me and I began to blush.

I laughed lightly, "That hurt my nose." I said and Luke brought his lips to my nose and lightly kissed it.

"Better?"

"Much." I smiled widely.

I began to get comfortable laying me head on Luke's chest as my eyes grew heavy from the pain medicine I was taking I began to close my eyes and fall into a deep sleep.

-

I woke up hugging a medium size teddy bear with a cute little red bow tie on. Opening my eyes wider I noticed a get well basket taking up half the coffee table along with a bouquet of flowers. There was a card sitting in front of the flowers so I picked it up and began to read what it said:

Lana,
first I apologize for getting you hurt in that accident, I wasn't paying attention and that was stupid of me to not keep my eyes on the road. Now what I really wanted to ask was when you feel up to it, can I retry to plan the surprise I had for you yesterday? This time I promise I won't mess it up. And I hope you like your gifts, just some get well wishes I wanted to leave you. Get well soon love.
- Luke xx

I began to blush at what I had just read, Luke really isn't as dangerous as everyone puts him out to be. He's actually a real sweetheart. I don't know what Michael was talking about when he said Luke was dangerous, he's being judge by the way he looks or maybe his past but he shouldn't get judge like that. Never judge a book by its cover, you might be surprised at what the true story behind it is.

I don't want to judge him by his looks, I want to get to know him for him, who he really is not who everyone makes him out to be. Which is as the bad guy.

I stood up and began to walk around to see if my pain medication was working and it was, until I felt a sharp pain shoot through my hip and send me to my knees on the flooring gripping my side as I yelped in pain. I continued to lay here on the ground until I heard the back door being opened and felt someone rush over to me and hold my hand.

"Lana can you hear me?" The familiar voice asked, looking up I expected to see Michael but that wasn't who this was. "You can barely stand, here, hold on." He said as he scooped me up gently and brought me back over to the couch where I've been all day practically.

"Thank you." I mumbled with a slight shiver, he grabbed the blanket I had and laid it over top of me so I wasn't cold anymore. "What are you doing here anyways?" I asked confused as to why he'd show up here this late.

"Michael wanted me to check up on you since his mum took him out with the family for dinner. I'm glad I got here when I did." He said taking a seat next to me as the couch dipped down as he sat with his feet propped up on the table.

"Calum were you born in a barn?" I asked motioning to him propping his feet up on the table.

"Oh sorry." He said taking his feet down, but that's not all he did. He began to take his shoes off and put his feet back on the table. "Much better." He sighed with his hands behind his head as he relaxed.

"Cal.." I groaned, he rolled his eyes and took his feet off the table.

Calum sat up and saw the card Luke had given me but before I could take it away he was already done reading it. "Michael's going to lose his shit..." Calum sighed running his fingers through his dark hair.

"He won't if he doesn't find out and you don't open your mouth." I said sternly.

"So you want us to lie to our best friend?" Calum asked with a laugh, "Yeah, no." Calum said right away.

"Calum he can't know about this, I don't understand why you guys judge him when you don't even know him." I groaned running my fingers through my hair.

"Maybe I don't know him but Michael use to. They use to be best friends Lana, something happened three years ago and ever since then, they haven't been friends." Calum explained, I never knew anything about this. The fact that Michael talks shit about Luke who use to be his best friend upsets me. Because now that makes me think that if Michael and I weren't friends he'd talk shit about me too.

"What happened?" I asked, only curious as to what broke their friendship.

"It's none of my business, I do know what happened but I can't tell you.. It's up to those two when they decided to tell you, and don't force them either, okay?" Calum said waiting for me to confirm that I understood.

I nodded, "Okay, I understand." I sighed now becoming impatient with having to now wait for the details to be told to me. "What do I do?" I asked Calum.

"I'm not sure, but if I were you, I'd stay away from Luke Hemmings.." Calum said as he stood up and walked towards the front door.

"Why?"

"Because, he's not who you think and I don't want you to get hurt." He said before closing the door leaving me alone with my thoughts to consume my mind.

-

wow, okay this happened

nicole xx