[ch. 14]

I woke up wrapped into the blanket, looking next to me Luke wasn't laying there, the spot was empty. I sat up panicked that Luke had left me here for my own safety and didn't say goodbye. I cupped my hands and brought them up to my face as I began to cry into my hands.

"Lana!" I heard a panicked voice call out my name. Before I could look up I felt a warm and comforting embrace as I opened my eyes to see Luke hugging me tightly.

"Luke?" I said as he scooped me up and set me down in his lap holding me close to him as he kissed me all over my face.

"Are you alright? What happened? Are you hurt? Sick?-" I cut him off by pressing my lips to his for a short yet sweet kiss, when we pulled away he had a smile on his face. "What was that for?" He asked with a grin.

"For not leaving me behind." I smiled shyly, he shook his head and wrapped his arms around me giving me another hug.

He leaned back and didn't realize he was on the edge of the bed as we both went falling to the floor. He began to laugh, "Oops." He chuckled.

I smacked him lightly on his chest as he continued to laugh, "Stop laughing." I giggled and he imitated my giggle which made me blush.

"You stop laughing." He chuckled trying to hold in his laugh.

"Don't tell me what to do." I giggled as I sat up, Luke sat up too and I pushed on his chest causing him to fall back over.

"So pushy, literally." Luke joked and I rolled my eyes at him. He got up wrapping his arms around my waist and throwing me over his shoulder spinning me around.

"Luke." I squealed covering my eyes so I didn't have to look down at the floor. He began to walk towards the stairs and descend down them with me still over his shoulders. "You're seriously going to hit my head on the ceiling if you don't put me down." I said. I mean Luke is really tall compared to me and I'm five foot five.

"You make it sound like I'm a giant." Luke groaned.

"I'm sorry, would you prefer to be called a giraffe?" I asked.

"Giraffes are cute." Luke shrugged. He finally put me down on the counter as he stood in between my legs.

"Yes they are." I blushed, Luke leaned in pressing our noses together as he smiled widely at me.

"But you're way cuter than the giraffes." Luke said giving my nose a kiss. I blushed like crazy and covered my face to hide my red cheeks.

"Stop." I cooed as he grabbed my wrists moving my hands away from my face, I kept my head down as my hair now covered my face.

"Do you want to travel in that or would you like to get changed?" Luke asked me with a smirk on his face. I know he wanted me to stay in the clothes I was in now since I hadn't any pants on so I decided to get dressed but wanted to keep his shirt on.

I walked upstairs and I saw jeans laid out on the bed, I don't remember bringing jeans but I began to put them on. I tucked in Luke's shirt since it was two sizes bigger than me and put my hair up into a ponytail. I walked back downstairs to see Luke talking to Mali, I know it's bad to listen in on others conversations but I was curious to know what they were talking about.

"I'm sorry for everything." Luke said to Mali as he slumped his shoulders. Mali shook her head and stepped forward to give Luke a hug.

"It's okay, just don't you dare let anything happen to that sweet innocent girl Luke." Mali said.

"I won't, she means more to me than she may know." Luke smiled widely as he ran his fingers through his hair that he left down and all messy.

"Good, now go before they come looking for you." Mali instructed pushing Luke out of the kitchen. I acted like I had just gotten downstairs and he smiled down at me.