[ch. 6]

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

-

I woke up to a loud thud against my bedroom window, startled I went to go see what it was and all of a sudden I see a shoe fly up and hit my window. Looking down to see who was waking me up early I saw none other than Luke himself. I opened up my window and he stopped throwing stuff and smiled up at me.

"Luke what the hell?" I groaned rubbing my eyes.

"Oh good you're awake!" He said excitingly smiling up at me. "Open your front door O'Donald." Luke said and I looked down at him and laughed.

"In your dreams Hemmings." I teased and he huffed with a smirk.

"Oh there's more than just you opening the front door for me in my dreams love." He smirked up at me and my eyes grew wide.

"I'll be down in a few." I groaned shutting my window to head downstairs, once I got down there and opened up the door Luke wrapped his arms around me pulling me in for a strong embrace that I wasn't ready for. "So um, why are you here?" I asked ignoring the fact that he hugged me.

"No good morning Luke how are you?" He asked pulling away from the hug, "I see how it is.." He pouted and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Why should I say that? You're the one who woke me up." I pointed out to him as he stood there with a blank face.

"All well, now get dressed. We're going on an adventure." Luke said pushing me towards the stairs, grabbing hold of the railing so I didn't get pushed up my stairs any further, I turned around to face Luke.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked wanting to know where I'd be going with him. He only smiled up at me and winked.

"You'll see." He said with a wide smile, giving him a look that I was unsure about this but I didn't say a word and went to go get dressed.

I didn't know if I should go casual or dressy, so I went dressy-casual. I wore a nice lacy top with my dark skinny jeans to go with it, of course I had to top it off with black converse because it's just not casual without that. I came downstairs and there stood Luke looking at all my family photos and once his eyes landed on my kindergarten picture I tried to run after him so he'd stop but I ended up falling.

Luke turned around and laughed before helping me up to my feet still holding my kindergarten picture in his hand. "Look how cute you look in those pigtails." He cooed at me, crossing my arms I gave him a glare and began to pout.

"Shut up, I look so ugly." I mumbled trying to snatch the picture from him but he put it above his head where he knew I couldn't reach. "Luke please put it back." I begged, that's when he took out his phone and snapped a picture of it before placing it back on the table.

"Okay now we can go." He smiled proudly as I gaped at him.

"Luke!" I squealed as he began walking out of my house and to his car, of course following after him he opened the car door and gestured for me to get in.

I did as he walked around to his side and started up his car before pulling out of my driveway. He rested his hands in between my thighs again and I wasn't use to that so of course I flinched causing him to give me a concerned look. Instead he removed his hand and trailed down the outside of my leg until his hand slid into mine before he gave it a tight squeeze.

"You know Lana, you're pretty special." Luke said as he turned right at the stop sign. I looked over at him and saw a little gleam in his eye when he said that.

"No, I'm not." I mumble tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. That's when Luke stopped the car in the middle of the street and turned his body to look at me. "Well I'm not..." I trailed off as I looked into his blue orbs.

"Don't ever say that because you are special, just in your own little way and somebody somewhere is going to love you just the way you are." Luke said being completely serious as he cupped my cheek with one of his hands. "You never know, sometimes the person you're looking for, could be right in front of your face. You just haven't realized it yet." He whispered as he leaned in and softly kissed me on my nose before he began to drive once again.

I kept thinking about what Luke said only minutes ago, that the person I'm looking for could be right in front of my face. Now I was starting to think that maybe it was Luke, but again there is also Michael who's been right in front of me for a long time. But I didn't have those types of feelings for Michael, we're too close of friends.

Luke looked over at me with his bright blue orbs and stared into my eyes until I noticed something behind him. "Luke!" I yelled as a Honda truck hit the side of his car causing us to flip over as my head hit the window hard.

I was breathing heavily as I looked down to see blood everywhere, I looked over at Luke who was banged up and had a cut on his cheek from the glass. "Lana," he breathed out heavily, "Stay with me, help is on the way. I'm so sorry." He said before I felt my head pounding as I was losing consciousness and Luke became a blur before everything went black.

-

I felt something over my face and reached for it so I could take it off but I was stopped by someone, "Honey you need to keep this on, it's helping you breath." A voice told me, I wondered where it came from as I turned my head and tried looking at my surroundings but whenever I opened my eyes everything seemed blurry to me.

"The patient is bleeding at the hip from shattered glass shards that cut her from the accident. Along with bruising of the jaw and a broken nose." I heard another voice say. Were they talking to me? I mean I couldn't tell what they were doing until I felt a sharp pinch at my hip. I winced and jolted when I felt hands hold me down.

"Hey stop, you're hurting her!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I tried opening my eyes to see where I was and that's when I realized I was in the hospital.

"Sir you need to leave." The doctor said, I finally made out the blurry figure and saw it was Luke, still trying to get into the room I was in.

"Don't fucking hurt her again!" He seethed as he walked away angrily. I tried to relax but I was worried about Luke, he didn't seem too impacted but yet again I didn't see him up close.

"Don't worry sweetheart, you're gonna be alright." A nurse said to me before I laid back and relaxed, allowing them to do what was needed to make me better.

-

plot twist??

nicole xx