[1/3] chancheol

(I wrote this last month I forgot to post it lol)

driver's license  —  chancheol  ]

chan smiled as he rolled down the window of his new car, the scent of the newly bought car was something very new to him. he placed his cigarette in between his lips and inhailed the intoxicating yet addicting smoke from it.

he felt like something was missing and alas— it was some good music he should listen to as he drove throughout the lonely country side of Ilsan, unfortunately he didn't bring any cds with him so he had no choice but to turn the radio on.

when he turned it on a rock song immediately played, he chuckled and bobbed his head to the beat of it. he didn't recognize the song yet it was catchy so he eventually memorized the beat by second verse of it.

when the tacky yet catchy song found it's end, a calm melody replaced right after.

"there's a lot of new songs these days" chan said and puffed a smoke directing it on his opened window an arm hung on it as he opened his palm to feel the air go against his skin.

"i got my driver license last week, just like we always talked about"

"is she some fortune teller" he shook his head because he too got his license last week.

"but the day i drove to the suburbs, crying cause you weren't around"

chan didn't pay attention to the lyrics but just to the beat of the calm song, when another line hits he finally listened to it.

"you're probably with that blonde girl who always made me doubt"

chan dropped his ciggarette which was on his other hand the one out of the window, his eyes widen both to the thought of him dropping his ciggarette in the middle of driving and the lyrics of the song hitting him.

blonde.

he closed his eyes for a second when a certain someone entered his head, the face of someone who used to be so close to him, the someone who took care of him during high school years. someone who he trusted with all his life, he gave trust more than a human can give to someone yet he was betrayed by that person.

his angelic smile that always reminded chan who he is now is all because of him, that blonde person.

"jeonghan hyung"

"she's so much older than me and she's everything i'm insecure about"

chan felt his chest sting due to the words which seems to fit the bill. jeonghan was much older than him, much taller, much handsome, much mature and so much than he could ever be. so much more than chan could ever become. his chest warmed and tightened when he remembered that day.

the day when he was betrayed, back stabbed and left unloved.

it was saturday and chan was already done with his work he luckily didn't have to overtime that day because it was supposed to be his day off but his boss demanded him to come even though it his day to rest according to the contract and yet he couldn't say no he would be given a raise if he would take duty at that very day.

with a box of cake on his hand, his jacket and brief case on the other chan pressed his floor level when he got inside the lift.

the lift closed and it slowly went up as he patiently tapped his feet on the floor waiting for the 'ring sound to overcome his train of thoughts. he was impatient to see the love of his life after so many months of him being away. yes they live in the same house but chan has been taking overtime the past four months, coming home late than usual only to find his boyfriend passed out on the couch waiting for him then heading out early not being able to have breakfast with him.