jihan

a/n: a mere teaser for my upcoming jihan project this july

jeonghan strides fast when his name was being paged on the speakers, with his white thick somehow called lab coat on him he ran fast to the emergency room.

while he was running he saw the paramedics pushing the strechers along with the nurses, he knows that the patient lying there will also be brought to the e.r. so he helped them push the stretcher.

"oh doctor yoon, this is your patient" one of the nurses said when he noticed that the doctor was with them pushing the rolling stretcher towards the emergency room. "okay, you two speak" he looked at the paramedics who would have known the primary wounds that was the most visible on the patient.

"leg fracture unsure of what state it is, severe head trauma, his upper right chest has been stabbed two times in different angles and he lost a lot of blood doc" one of the paramedics said, jeonghan nodded "let's bring him straight to the operating room, no need to test him in the e.r. i can run them myself" all of them nodded then moments later they arrived inside the operating room the two nurses stayed awaiting for the doctor's orders.

"let's run the tests quick so we can do something with his head and leg" they nodded the rest of the nurses came in minutes later and they assisted jeonghan to do the test smoothly knowing that the patient is unconscious they need to act quick.

jeonghan got a good look of his patient's face, it was tainted with blood but nevertheless he was handsome and his face was well constructed.

"doc the tests' results are here" jeonghan nodded then head out letting them prep the needed equipments while he do medical protocols and sanitizing, the patient's face stuck in his mind.

———

the operation went well for a three hour operation and jeonghan indeed was nervous halfway through it, he knew in the first place that saving lives is what he will probably do until he'll die but he can't help to feel that certain nervousness that comes from the thought of the patient dying because he didn't do his best.

but he always reminds himself to trust on his skills and what he learned hard for many many years. he sighed and exits the operating room straight to the room beside it disposing his gloves and everything then washing his hands after.

his phone vibrated he felt it on his back pocket and he immediately took it out while he walked out of the room, he had instructed the nurses to bring the patient to the public ward since he still didn't know the information the front desk has now.

"yes?"

"jeonghan you have a problem come here quick, i at the front desk" his best friend seungcheol said, seungcheol is older by months and also a general surgeon like jeonghan himself. he didn't even think seungcheol would survive through his residency program but the asshole did and jeonghan was happy about that.

with a few couple more strides he arrived at the front desk seeing seungcheol talk to the front desk receptionist his best friend's forehead creased and his eyebrows almost meeting.

"hey, what's wrong?"

seungcheol gave jeonghan a worried expression, like as if he'd eaten a rotten ramen and didn't noticed it was rotten and now he needs to poop; that kind of face.

"apparently, the patient you took in and operated doesn't have any belongings with him" seungcheol rolled his eyes, jeonghan glared at his suspiciously almost bi-polar friend(not really jeonghan, don't treat people as if they're me!).

"when he wakes up, we might take a hold of his identity" jeonghan calmly said to both the receptionist and seungcheol yet his best (not really) friend interrupted.

"while you were inside the operating room i heard that your patient had a severe head trauma, jeonghan you know the possibilities" seungcheol whine like a baby because jeonghan again for the nth time doesn't know how to think in advance.

"what do you want me to do eh? make him bleed out in the e.r. until he dies? he probably has insurance quit worrying cheol" jeonghan rolled his eyes at seungcheol "i'll make sure to take run tests when he's conscious" seungcheol only nodded and patted his friend's shoulder.

"i'll go now, jihwi here called me when i was passing by" seungcheol said and jeonghan nodded smiling at his idiot of a friend (not really?).

"mri scan jeonghan!" seungcheol said while he was walking away probably towards the exits since it's already lunch break.

"yes boss!" he sarcastically said back without looking he faced the smiling jiwhi and she asked him "for the meantime what name do i place in the files for him doc?" as default patients who hasn't provided identity yet their file names will be numbers but it's different for jeonghan he tends to name them for he doesn't want them to sound like robots, imagine being called patient bc-23568 ? ew do we live in 2078 or something? number names are provided to rooms not people.

"hmmm, how about joshuji?" he chuckled after his own sentence "that's the name of the new character in that novel you always mention right?"

jiwhi chuckled softly "no doc, it's joshua" jeonghan laughed with her then nodded "yeah, joshua it'll be" he said before looking at his wrist watch.

"i need to go grab lunch now, send my regards to your wife jiwhi-shi" jeonghan waved and the pretty receptionist smiled waving back before going back to what he was doing. jeonghan on the other hand was heading towards the exit but his feet was dragging him to a different place.

he groaned when he was standing in front of the public ward looking at the nurse who's checking the vitals of the unconscious boy in the middle of the row, he walked towards the nurse who's holding a clipboard and writing on it.

"oh doctor yoon" she bowed she was a different nurse than who he saw earlier and helped him with the operation.

"are you done checking his vitals?" the nurse nodded "he won't be in a coma so look out for him to wake up sooner or later, let's avoid scaring him or panicking" the nurse nodded again.

"his identity has been given to the front desk doc?"

"no, but name him joshua for now" he said with a small smile and the nurse nodded "i'm off now yuqi, take care of him" he waved to her and she smiled to him in return.

jeonghan didn't know why he needed to double check if the 'joshua' guy is safe and sound but he just felt like he needed to, he shrugged it off and walked out of the public ward he just wasted half an hour of his break for walking around.

he didn't care though it's either eat with a heavy feeling or eat hurriedly because he's running out of time.

--