𝟸𝟷 - 𝙼𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎

Art by @/mindlessemy on Instagram!

1st Person POV -

"It was never meant to be." Eret's voice echos in the small obsidian room.

Moments later, the Dream SMP army jumps inside from the opening created by Eret. The the sounds of swords clashing and yells rang through the room.

I hesitantly pulled out my sword.

Tubbo and Fundy looked scared. Wilbur and Tommy had unreadable expressions.

   Tommy meets his eyes with mine. He pushes Sapnap off of him and targets me.

   Quickly I hold up my sword and our blades clash into each other.

   "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US? WE TRUSTED YOU." He screams. He pulls his sword back and swinging. I parry his attack.

   "I WAS PROMISED YOU GUYS WOULD BE SAFE TOMMY!" I yelled in reply. I push him off me with my sword. He swings again and I dodge to the right.

   "WELL DO WE LOOK SAFE RIGHT NOW?" He asks loudly. I hesitate for a moment. Shaking it off I raise my sword and swing it again. Tommy barely protects himself in time.

   I think back to the village. The day of the festival. When Tommy and I sparred that morning. This felt so similar, but I knew that this wasn't practice anymore.

   Tommy was now my enemy.

   I push Tommy's sword off of mine and then kick Tommy into the wall. He winces in pain.

   Sapnap, seizing the opportunity, slams Tommy into the floor. Tommy silently curses.

   His shirt was now stained with blood. His own blood.

   Wilbur rushes to Tommy's side. He observes Tommy's wounds carefully. I stare down at the brothers.

   One emotion courses through my body. I felt regret.

   Wilbur, panicking, looks up and into my eyes. He seemed lost and confused. He wanted to know what happened. Yet he couldn't find the words to say to me. He didn't want to talk to an enemy.

   Tubbo, concerned for his best friend, runs up as well. He was clutching his own injury, a huge gash on his torso. His worry for his friend however, overpowered the pain of his wound.

   Tubbo's eyes met mine. His eyes were glossy, tears were threatening to spill out at any moment. I could only see the pain in his eyes as he looked at me.

   "Y/N- How could you? Don't you remember our promise? To never betray each other... HOW COULD YOU BREAK OUR PROMISE?" Tubbo said, his tears couldn't be held back anymore. He had hatred for me.

   I opened my mouth, but my guilt silenced me. I had no excuse for myself. No excuse for my actions.

   Fundy limped up to the group. He didn't even glance at me.

   They were weak now. Their group was injured. Would these people really be able to lead a nation? We're they prepared for what they were fighting for?

   I stand there for a moment. As Dream went on a rant I stay silent. I couldn't bare to even look at the L'manbergians. As the Dream SMP member filed out of the obsidian room, I paused.

   "I'm sorry. But, maybe Eret was right. L'manberg isn't meant to be." I say. Without looking back, I left the room.

_____________

   The words I said back in the Final Control room. Did I really mean them?

   I only had wanted to apologize. Why did I say more. Why did I make things worse for myself?