𝟹𝟺 - 𝙰 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙼𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝙿𝚒𝚐

Art by @/basiclollo on Twitter!

1st Person POV -

   "So, tell me what you know."

I refused to look him in the eyes. His glistening emerald green irises were attempting to search me for answers that I denied him.

"You not speaking tells me everything. I hit the nail on the head, didn't I?"

I was racking my brain for a response. Where would I even be staying, if I wasn't in my own home? Everything felt slow, a loud clock ticking in my brain, echoing endlessly. 'Come on, you gotta think of something to say. Say something Y/N.' Yet opening my mouth resulted in dead silence.

His dark and ominous glittering green eyes were breathtaking. His gaze was enough to leave me speechless. Why was he doing this to me? Why couldn't I speak?

"Woah, did I interrupt something?" A familiar monotone voice rang out, causing Dream to jump.

"Fuck." He mutters a curse before quickly grabbing his mask and clasping it on. He wasn't planning on revealing his face to anybody else.

I finally had room to breathe, so I took the moment to step away from the tree and make my way towards the pig man. His face was twisted into a mischievous grin, an eyebrow raised in question. I found my eyes trailing away from his in embarrassment.

"Fancy seeing you here." He says simply. I mouth a 'thank you' before joining his side and grabbing my sword.

Dream looks back and forth between Techno and I for a moment. He was clearly trying to put the pieces together. Despite the lack of facial expressions, I could tell he was confused.

"You and him?" He manages to put those three words together, as he points at both of us. He almost sounded disappointed.

Techno coughs, "No! We're childhood.. friends."

"You knew him when he was a child?" Dream had now turned to face me. I slowly put my sword down. Technoblade and I looked at each other, both of us confused.

"Yeah..?" I respond.

   "I didn't know you knew him personally." Dream mumbles in disbelief.  I was just wondering why it mattered.

   "And what's your history with Technoblade?" I asked the obvious question, which was received with silence from Dream. I quirk my head to the side, silently awaiting any kind of response from the masked man.

   Techno decides to speak up. "I beat him in a battle a while ago. He's kinda bitter about it."

"It was a really close fight. Don't flatter yourself." Dream quickly grumbles back. I snorted, holding back a laugh.

Techno chuckles. "Hey, all I said was that I beat you. No need to get all mad." I smile at Techno.

   And then we grew quiet. The atmosphere was already awkward, but there was nothing left to say.

   It seemed that Techno had no intention of asking what was happening previously, at least not in front of Dream. Finally, Techno clears his throat, breaking the silence.

   "Well we have matters to attend to, so we'll be leaving."

   He walks away without a word, expecting me to just follow him. With one last glance at the masked man, I catch up to my friend.