28 - ... Will go Wrong.

Art by @/keoisnothere on Twitter!

⚠️TW! Mentions of Blood ⚠️

RESULTS LOADING. . .

• . .

LOAD COMPLETE!

<OPTION A) Help Tommy and Wilbur ESCAPE.>
75%

<OPTION B) Help the audience SHOOT at them.>
25%

YOU CHOSE OPTION A!

LOADING FILES. . .

SUCCESS!

1st Person POV -

[You know what to do.]

The Voice's unnerving words echoed in my ears. While this sounded very ominous, the voice was right. I had come to a decision.

Despite the fact that they support everything I don't believe in, I have to protect Wilbur and Tommy. They're practically my brothers. They are the closest I have to family.

   Everything was silent now, I could only hear the sound of my own breath and the slight ringing in my ears. The voice refused to speak again.

   I slowly emerge from my hiding spot and walk out into the audience section. I look around at the figures that were frozen still. Turning to Wilbur and Tommy, observe their expressions. They were scared; frightened that these were their last moments.

   I then look over at Punz who was holding a crossbow in his hands. The arrow was right against Wilbur's head. If time would start up right now the arrow would be through his skull.

   I pry the weapon from Punz's grip, moving the weapon around in my hands.

I'm reminded of a memory from a few months ago. When Dream taught me how to shoot a crossbow. The way his hands held mine and how his warm breath hit the back of my neck. I found my face grow warm and my breath quicken as I recall the memory.

Shaking away the strange thoughts clouding my mind, I mimic the movements he demonstrated. I held it up properly and aimed the crossbow directly at Punz's head.

   I found myself asking a question. Do I shoot?

   Everyone would fear me. Even Wilbur and Tommy wouldn't be happy. Hell, Punz was on my side. Dream, Sapnap, and George would hate me for it.

   But I've killed someone before. I tried to make myself forget, but I can't help but think back to that moment. That night in the village, the man that burned it down. I actually killed him. And I didn't regret it. I question my morals constantly; if it was the right thing to do.

   I look back at Punz and picture the man I killed. His body as he bled out. My finger started trembling over the trigger.

   "Okay Voice, do your thing."

   The Voice didn't say a word. I was concerned that it had left. That I was stuck like this for good. But then it responds.