𝟹𝟾 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚐 𝙵𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕

it's my birthday :)

Art by @/shrimpytime on Twitter!

3rd Person POV -

   Wilbur was at the entrance of Pogtopia, picking at the dirt underneath his fingernails. He looked disheveled, the effect of a week's worth of little sleep and constant physical labor. With matted greasy hair and deep eye bags, he looked, for a lack of better words, like shit.

The brit was waiting for his brother to eventually emerge from the dark damp ravine, as he was going to help him crash the little party their former nation was going to throw. The surprise visit was going to be shocking for a number of reasons, and Wilbur was bubbling over with anticipation.

The blonde finally stepped out from the hole in the wall, face scrunched up from his nerves. He was in fact not shaking with excitement. He instead was shaking with hesitance. Tommy had attempted several times to stop Wilbur from his incautious decisions, but to no avail. Now today was the day when he would have to stand by Wilbur as he destroys the place he loves.

"I was starting to think you wouldn't show." Wilbur brushes off the dirt from his fingertips and straightens his posture.

"You know I'd never leave your side, Wilbur," Tommy says, but he hardly believes the words that escape him.

   Meanwhile, not too far from Pogtopia, Technoblade and Y/N were also preparing for the festival that was about to begin shortly. In a secret underground base that Techno put together, the pair prepared armor and weapons for any potential issues that could break out.

   Techno made a new weapon - something he had been working on for weeks. A powerful firework launcher.

   With potions, armor, and new powerful weapons, the two mounted their horses.

   "Ready?" Technoblade questioned the girl. She huffed.

   "As I'll ever be."

Wilbur's POV -

"The festival starts in three minutes," I say, closing the small gold pocket watch and storing it back in my cloak's pocket. Tommy's eyes grow as wide as saucers.

"We've got three minutes? Shit." He curses, stance shifting as he starts to mutter under his breath.

We were both now in L'ma- Manberg nearing a tower I believe Tommy had built a while back. I then trip on a button placed on the ground. I click it with curiosity, Tommy's face twisted in horror for a split second before breathing in relief. The button simply opens the door to the tower.

"I like buttons." I chuckle. I knew that was not the button I was looking for, yet Tommy did not.

"Look Wilbur- I want one last minute. Come with me." Tommy urges me, grabbing my arm and yanking me forward.

"Ah yes! 'One last time' yes! I'm having such a great time." I speak in a singsong tone, Tommy only shaking his head to dismiss me. I let Tommy pull me along before stopping. It was him. My traitorous 'son'.

"Ah. He's here." I glare in his direction as if I could set him on fire if I did it long enough. Tommy follows my line of sight before understanding the venomous tone in my voice.

"Ugh, Wilbur just- stop looking at him and look at me!"

Tommy's mouth was twisted into a frown, his voice shaking and his body swaying. His pleas were mostly ignored by me, but I decided to humor his desperate begging for a moment.

I nod at him to continue. He breathes a sigh of relief. "Wilbur you- you don't have to do this. This is our home! W- We can take it back!" We now stepped inside the tower and began to take the stairs up. I chuckled at his childish reasoning. He believed there was an ending that included forgiveness. It was... dismissive and ignorant.