𝟸𝟼 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚊𝚖

Art by @/Keoisnothere on Twitter!

1st Person POV -

It was the 20th, 2 days before the election.

In the previous days I spent waiting, I signed off a law that L'manberg requested. The law stated I wasn't allowed into L'manberg under any circumstances. I was allowed to request a visa, but I had to have a good reason to ask for one.

Today I was going to break that law. The Voice told me today would be important.

I was already ready to go, I had my weapons on me in case I ran into trouble. I wore a long black overcoat and a beanie. It was slightly colder today so I dressed the part.

   I swung my pouch over my body and inserted my sword into its scabbard. I kept my armor on its stand, deciding against wearing it so I wouldn't draw attention to myself.

   I double-checked I had everything I needed. Finally I grabbed the invisibility potions from the brewing stands, placing all of them into my satchel carefully. I fumble with the clasp to the satchel and close it.

   Stepping outside, I take a deep breath. The slow breeze whips the end of my overcoat around slowly.

   I messed with the strap of my satchel as I walked down the path. I passed by Tommy's house and walked down the steps towards L'manberg territory.

   I got to see up close how much L'manberg expanded. There were massive towers with the country's flags flying in the wind. There were docks now, shops, and other odd structures (most likely built by Tommy) scattered across the land.

   I caught a glimpse of the Camarvan and the walls around it, the only familiar sight around. The place that started the war. It felt like it just happened yesterday.

   I finally crept down the stairs, staying silent as I drank the invisibility potion. My body became transparent, emitting the gray particles. The taste of the potion was revolting but I kept it down.

   Voices echoed in the distance, being carried by the wind. Figuring that's where I was supposed to go, I follow the noise.

   The voices get louder and I reach a stage. There were many chairs, filled by people waiting for whatever was to be announced. The back of the stage was blanketed by darkness. In the shadows I could make out various figures.

   I saw one short figure in the middle, assumably Quackity. On the left stood a female and a familiar fox-like figure, Niki (presumably) and Fundy.

   On the right stood two tall figures with familiar outfits, Wilbur and Tommy. And in the very corner there was another figure that was hard to make out.

   I stayed behind the cover of a tower which was behind the chairs. I didn't want anybody to notice the particles coming from my body.

   "How do you think the endorsements will go?"

   "I'm not sure.."

   I overhear random voices in the crowd speak out. Most of it was idle chatter but that conversation intrigued me.

   'Endorsements? This is what The Voice wanted me to watch?'

   I was confused, but stayed put. Something bad was going to happen here, that's why The Voice told me to come here. Surely that was the reason.

   Wilbur then walks up towards the podium. He adjusts the microphone and clears his throat. The microphone responds to this sound by screeching. I cover my ears at the horrendous sound, other crowd members do the same.