𝟹𝟷 - 𝙿𝚘𝚐𝚝𝚘𝚙𝚒𝚊

Art by @/akeiise on Twitter!

hope there isn't any errors-

1st Person POV -

   "So what's with you and potatoes?" I leaned against a wall in the far back of the room, observing what Techno was doing.

He was tasked with making a potato farm from Wilbur. Wilbur was forced to make Techno help with something, so he 'gave Techno a job he had experience in'.

Whatever that means.

Techno laughs at my question, an amusing smile replaced his stoic expression for a split second.

His monotone voice echoes through the rocky walls of the room. "Well, a while back me and this Squid guy had this whole war based around farming potatoes. Long story, but I did win. So... take that as you will."

"A potato war? Sounds like it was realllly entertaining."

   "I'll have you know that millions of people actually enjoyed the potato wars." Techno rolled his eyes playfully before returning to what he was doing previously.

   I watch as he messes with a red stone contraption before quickly getting lost in my thoughts.

   The dream I had with the voice the previous night. The voice's words still painfully echoed in my ears.

   [Let me merge with you.]

   It offered my memories back. I was going to accept its offer too. I woke up before I could.

   It felt as every day my situation gets more confusing. I was so close to getting the answers I wanted, yet I was instead left with more questions.

   "So? How does that sound Y/N?" Techno's monotone voice quickly brings my focus back to my surroundings.

   Techno's piercing red eyes gazed in my direction. He was waiting for me to respond.

   "Sorry, repeat that again?" I chuckle nervously. I was met with a sigh from Techno before he gets up.

   "I asked if you would like to dual. Just like old times? I want to see how you've improved since we last fought."

   Techno tilts his head slightly. I nod and look up at him.

   "Alright, you're on!" I cheerfully accept his challenge. Techno rolls his eyes at my reaction. Walking up to me he grabs my hand and holds it, leading us out of the potato farm.

Wilbur was pacing back and forth before his attention turned to Techno and I. His eyes darted back and forth observing us before speaking up.

"Stop." He gives a demand causing me to freeze in place. Techno tried to pull me along but fails, sighing as he gave in and turned his attention to his brother.

"What are you guys doing? Where are you going?" Wilbur glared at our clasped together hands. Quickly I let go and look away, embarrassed. Techno says something sarcastic under his breath, too quiet for Wilbur to hear.

I step forward and speak. "We're going to spar." An awkward smile slowly spreads across my face. The tension in the air was so thick, it could practically be cut with a knife.

Wilbur gives his pink-haired brother a death stare before waving his hand dismissively at us. "Alright, whatever." He goes back to what he was doing. "Be back before sun down. There are still people hunting us down."

   Techno looks at me and nods before reaching his hand out to latch on mine. I look at Wilbur before chuckling and running off with Technoblade.

Wilbur grumbles. "Childish.."

   Finally emerging from the stuffy ravine, I stretch while taking in deep breaths of fresh air.

"Let's see if you've learned anything new." The man beside me says, quickly pulling his sword out of its scabbard. I follow suit, unsheathing my sword out of its scabbard.

I held my sword out defensively, following Technoblade's stance. We stood facing each other. There was a distance of 10 feet between us, keeping us from immediately striking down each other.

"I'm ready." I say while taking a deep breath in. I kept my hands steady and my eyes focused on my opponent. Techno nodded in response.

"On the count of three." He says with a shrug.

1..
2...
3!

He immediately rushed forward, swinging his blade to clash with mine. I held up my sword to block the attack.

It became a battle of strength, both of us using all the force we could use to try and push the other person away.

Using brute strength, Technoblade forcefully shoves me away from him. I stagger backwards and I lose my footing.

Techno wasted no time and immediately went in for another attack.

I hold up my sword in front of me again, barely blocking Techno's second forceful swing of his sword. He looked pleasantly surprised by this.

I jump backwards so I could have some distance between me and the crimson-eyed man. I kept my balance and blocked his next attack with ease. He swings his blade again quickly and I barely dodge to the side.

I swing at him and use the momentum to move behind him. Before I could attack him however, he swiftly turned around and kicked me.

He completely knocked the wind out of me. I collapse to the floor, and in an instant his sword was held against my neck.

"Looks like I won." He smirks lazily. He slid his sword back into its scabbard and quickly held out his hand for me to take.

"Aw man! I was so close this time too.." I frown slightly. I was so sure I would had been able to beat him this time.

"Don't feel so bad. You've gotten a lot stronger since we last dueled." He seemed like he had a lot more to say but refrained from mentioning it. He probably wanted to analyze our battle further, but didn't want to bore me.

I roll my eyes and take his hand. He pulls me up from my place on the floor.

"That was fascinating to watch." A familiar British accent speaks up.

"Wilbur? You were...watching?" I was embarrassed to have an audience.

"You almost had em' too!" A more raspy British accent exclaims out, immediately turning my attention towards it. Of course, it was none other than Tommy.

"Y/N is a lot more defensive and strategic, where as Technoblade is very methodical and aggressive. It was a good sparring match." Wilbur analyzed the duel for Techno, seemingly taking the words right out of his mouth.

   "There's no way anybody can touch us with you guys on our side! Taking back L'manberg should be a piece of cake my friends!" Tommy cheered.

   Techno mumbled beside me, talking to himself. Probably another sarcastic remark, knowing him.

   "Well come on then, we have more work to do inside Pogtopia." Wilbur says, before turning around and heading towards the entrance.
Tommy shrugged and trailed closely behind  Wilbur.

   Techno stood next to me and sighed. "I missed doing that."

   I looked at him with curiosity.

   "Let's just- Get back to working on the potato farm." Techno shakes his head and walks towards the entrance.

   Now I was all alone, the sun slowly fading away. The skies were a swirling mess of orange and pink. A breeze carried the dead leaves off the trees. Autumn was finally here.

   Taking one last final breath of fresh air, I finally went through the entrance of our base. Pogtopia, our temporary home.

_______________
1221 words, unedited