𝟸𝟻 - 𝙽𝚎𝚠𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚗 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Art by @/heinzdraws on Twitter!

[Ah yes, welcome to the second act dear Test Subject.]

[This act by far is my favorite.]

ACT 2

1st Person POV -

September 8th

I woke up at my desk, papers and books scattered everywhere. A mug that was once filled with coffee has spilled all over my messy notes from the previous night.

"Fuck..."

I rubbed my eyes and stretched, and occasionally a yawn would escape me. This had been the first time I had slept in days. I spent countless nights focusing on my research instead of giving into the lull of sleep.

   Ever since Dream stopped by to introduce me to Karl, I had no more visitors. George never stopped by again to read with me and Sapnap had been off doing his own things.

   I missed human interaction.

   I yawned again as I picked up the mug and brought it to my kitchen, placing the cup into the cauldron to wash later.

   Walking back to my desk I clean up the coffee soaked papers and throw them into the bin. I silently curse to myself knowing later I would have to rewrite those.

   I then look at myself in the mirror. I was a mess. Dark circles were under my eyes due to lack of sleep. My hair was matted and messy and it probably needed to be washed.

   I still wore loungewear and I needed to change, so I walked to my wardrobe and lazily picked out something to wear.

   Then I stumble over to the bathroom and close the door. I finally take a shower after going days without. The shower made me feel more awake, which was a plus. I could avoid making another cup of coffee.

   I step out of the shower and quickly change into the clothes I picked out. I felt refreshed after many days of restlessness and stress. Finally I comb the knots out of my hair.

   Walking over to the mirror I peer into it again, now being more satisfied with my appearance.

   "Maybe I can take a break and clear my head? I could go on a walk..."

   I felt content with this idea and I start preparing to head out. I put on my shoes, grabbed my weapons, then threw on my armor.

   I double checked I didn't leave anything behind, then opened the door and stepped out.

   The summer was slowly beginning to pass which was making way for the upcoming fall season. The air was still warm but occasionally a cold breeze would pick up, signifying the change of seasons.

   I took a deep breath as I stepped outside. I hadn't gone outside in a few weeks and the fresh air was nice. It was very odd to finally be able to relax. Every day I find myself more content with my decision to join the Dream SMP side. This side had less drama.

   I looked around, attempting to decide on where I wanted to walk.

   "I haven't been near L'manberg in a while... I could check it out."

   I ponder the thought for a moment before going through with it. Seeing that land again would be nice.

   My house was still fairly close to L'manberg. I never had the motivation to change locations, which made for some occasional awkward encounters with L'manberg residents.