Chapter 29: Ready?

"Well...?" Trevor started with a smile.
"Well what?" Jeremy asked with a smile and a shrug.
"Are you gonna answer it?" Trevor asked, as he gestured towards the ringing phone.
"I mean why should I?" Jeremy asked, as he shrugged with a look that read pure attitude. "She stood me up. Hell, they both did."
"Yeah, good point, but they might've had a valid reason for doing so, you know?" Trevor said with a questionable shrug and smile. "An important reasoning."
"Yeah, what reason is that?" He asked.
"I don't know, answer the call, crazy ass," Trevor said, as he couldn't help but grin.
"Alright fine," he said. "I'll answer it only because I do feel like I'm owed an explanation."
"Well yeah...and ther-there you go," Trevor said, as he gestured over towards Jeremy, who laughed. "Now, you take care of that while I go take a leak!"

With that, he raised up from his seat, walked over to Jeremy, hugged his neck from behind, leaned down, kissed his temple, massaged his shoulders a little, and left him alone to talk on the phone with Katina.

Smiling, licking his lips, and watching Trevor leave, Jeremy immediately caught the chills.

'Sexy ass, peanut butter ass nigga,' he thought, as he shook his head and turned his attention back down on his phone before he answered it.

📞PHONE CONVERSATION 📞

JEREMY: And where the hell were y'all's antennas last night or this morning?
TINA: *laughs* Hey to you, too Jay, and about that... allow me to apologize for that first and foremost. I know how much you and Trevor have been planning and looking forward to our time together.
JEREMY: You're right about that. *rolls eyes*
TINA: Dasia and I have been, as well, and we would've came back last night, but it was too late and we figured y'all were in bed by then, so we decided to wait for tomorrow, which is today. That hits, and we decided to come earlier around 3. So...we get here about 10 minutes away from your house at the 4 way stop. In front of us is this long line of cars, it was about 4 car ahead of us. Then, we find out that the roads had been barricaded and closed off.
JEREMY: What?!
TINA: That's the same thing I said, Jay.
JEREMY: Was it construction?
TINA: No, it was actually far worse, because there were polices, ambulances, firetrucks, and tow trucks. It turns out there was a wreck on the 4 way road that happened 10 minutes before we came. A cop came to everybody's window to tell everyone where to go back to, and we ended up having to turn around and go back home. Turns out, that man diagnosed with that Covid-19 shit had-
JEREMY: Wait, Covid-19?
TINA: Yeah, you know...the Corona virus?
JEREMY: Oh yeah! Okay, okay, Trevor had told me about that shit the other day but uh... carry on.
TINA: Where was I?
JEREMY: A man with Covid-27
TINA: *laughs* Covid-19 silly, but yeah, a man, who was later diagnosed with that in his autopsy had collapsed behind the wheel, which resulted in a major crash, killing 6 people. It was on the news and everything. Did you see it?
JEREMY: Damn, and nah, I was knocked out, but thank God yall wasn't apart of it.
TINA: I know right?
JEREMY: Right, everything happens for a reason. I mean wow. Shit allow me to be the one to apologize for my earlier attitude. I ain't gone lie. I was mad as shit, because I really thought y'all stood us up and basically said fuck us. Now, I feel like a fuckin' asshole.
TINA: *laughs* Ahh Jay, It's okay, and I can understand, because I would've felt the same way. I know Trevor must've been livid, considering he hadn't seen Dee-Dee at all.
JEREMY: Nah actually, Trevor was more understanding. Shit, he was the one that told me to answer your call before he left out. That man always keeps my head on straight.
TINA: Well thank God for Trevor.
JEREMY: I know right? *smiles*
TINA: Yes, he's a blessing to your life like Dee-Dee is to mine.