Chapter 30: That R Word

SHORT CHAPTER AMBLERT❗

❗ SHORT CHAPTER AMBLERT❗

Returning back to the bedroom after cleaning up the kitchen, Jeremy rejoined a now truly sleeping Trevor in the bed and wrapped his arm around his waist from behind.

Kissing the back of his neck, he pulled back to take in his very presence.

"I love you," Jeremy whispered before he laid his head back down and tighten his hold on Trevor while snuggling even closer to him.

With that, he stayed like that until he fell asleep, also.

🌤👬🏾🖤😔🌤👬🏾🖤😔🌤👬🏾🖤😔🌤👬🏾🖤

The next day, the bright and early sun peeked through the blind lines and bled its light into Trevor's room while hitting Jeremy's eyelids.

    Turning over on his back and opening his eyes, Jeremy finally woke up.

   He was in the bed all alone, as Trevor had already gone out to handle his business.

Like he had informed Jeremy yesterday, he had left out to go cut his best client's hair.

Sighing and shaking his head, Jeremy missed him already. Strangely, he missed him more than ever. 

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, stretching his arms out, and yawning, he sat up in Trevor's bed and sighed, once more while massaging the side of his neck.

Then, he brought his hand back down and just looked around before he dropped his head down in defeat, and closed his eyes.

Like the flashes of lightning and a Polaroid camera, all he could see were the events of last night.

From him damn near throwing the rock of confessing his love for Trevor to Trevor to him panicking and hiding his hand with the rock of love behind his back.

A coward, a loser, a quitter, and a failure, he felt like. Looking back on his younger life as a teenage boy from South Central, he was much braver in high school when he asked his female crush to the prom.

Crazy thing about it, they weren't even close, let alone didn't really have that many classes together. He just knew her from a distance, yet he was feeling froggy that day, and she said yes.

So what has changed besides adultbood?

Oh yeah, it was the fact that this was his best friend and a man.

We knew that. Clearly, we knew that.

Another fact, the word or words rather, "I love, you Trevor," was far bigger than, "Can I take you out to the prom, Bronquisha?"

Lastly, one triple double major macro fact is that it was all fresh and new to him.

Even though he had accepted the fact that he loved Trevor and only Trevor, he still wasn't completely sure, and he needed a little more time to get jiggy with it if you will. He needed to give himself a chance to be true and sure about it and not just hop on board.

At the same time, last night was perfect. Last night was it. He had Trevor right there face to face, eye to eye, and belly to belly. He had him in his arms, secured, warm, and compassioned. He was truly ready. He knew he was, too. He was hella sure of it, yet his verbal factory had a technical difficulty and out came distractions, junk mail, and interrupters when he triggered that panic.

  Jeremy sighed, once more.

"I had it!" He said, as he clapped his hands in anger and let out a crazed laugh of frustration. "It was at the tip of my fuckin' tongue and I got scared!"