Chapter 40: The Talk

The next day,

After waking up, dressing up in some comfy clothing, and doing their morning routines the best way they could, both men started heading downstairs for the kitchen.

"I got you, T," Jeremy said, as he was currently helping a limping, aching, and wincing Trevor down the last few stairs. "You okay?"
"Yeah, I'll make it, Jay," he said with a chuckle, which made Jeremy smile.

Finally, succeeding down the last few stairs, walking pass the living room, and making it into the kitchen, Jeremy pulled out a chair from underneath the table and helped Trevor take a seat.

"Thank you," Trevor said.
"You welcome, baby," Jeremy said with a soft voice, as he gently rubbed Trevor's shoulders and made sure he was good before he left him alone to go over to the pots and pans.

Watching Jay walk away, Trevor balled up his lips with wrinkled eyebrows, sighed and looked down at the table before he sat back against his seat to look under the table at his aching ankle.

Bending down side ways and massaging his own ankle under the table for a couple of minutes, Trevor winced and sat back up right, while he looked back over at Jeremy, who had his back turned on him at the sink.

"Jay?" He called.
"Yeah, T?" Jeremy asked without looking back.
"On a scale of 1 to 10, how sore are you, today?" Trevor asked.
"Shiiiet, goddamn 500!" Jeremy said, as he turned to face Trevor with a smile on his face, before they both cackled.
"I'm feeling 10 mill, right now," Trevor said, as he shook his head. "My ankle got me bitchin'."
"Damn T, give me to after breakfast, and I'll massage it for you," he said. "Okay?"

Smiling and biting down on his bottom lip, Trevor nodded his head.

"Okay," he said, as he and Jeremy smiled at one another one last time before Jeremy turned back around to tend to his pots and pans while Trevor just sat back against his chair, relaxed or at least tried to, and looked around.

It was back quiet between the 2.

Trevor was silently and impatiently patting on the table and looking around the kitchen in awkwardness.

Jeremy was running water in his pot while silently wishing Trevor would talk to him again to kill the silence.

However, that never happened for 3 minutes. Luckily looking down at his pots, an idea began to spark in Jeremy's head.

Breakfast!

He wondered what would Trevor like to have for breakfast.

Smiling and nodding his head at the non-existent camera, he felt like a genius.

"Hey T?" Jeremy called without looking back.
"Yeah Jay?" Trevor asked.
"What would you like for breakfast?" He asked.

Licking his lips and looking down at the table, Trevor could've said the usual eggs, bacon, grits, pancakes, toast, sausage, etc, but he didn't.

As a matter of fact, he didn't even really need to think about what he wanted. Trevor already knew his answer, and it certainly wasn't food.

Looking back up, he let out a sigh.

"Talking," he simply answered.

Wrinkling his eyebrows in confusion, Jeremy scoffed.

"Talking?" He asked without looking back at his best friend.
"Yeah, I uh...I think it's time we, you and I, finally talk man to man...about us, about our friendship, and where do we go from here?"

After hearing that, it was as if Jeremy had just heard that he would be getting 2 life sentences with the possibility of no parole.

He was oddly intimidated, which made him gulp and look down. At the same time, he knew this was bound to happen at some point with him and Jeremy. To be entirely honest, this needed to happen, and this was the perfect moment for it.