Chapter 50: Peace

Flowing through his mind like a nice tune, Jeremy could hear his father's words.

"Wow, my boy's a man. I didn't even have half of that courage when I was in your shoes. Leslie was actually my first time. When we were just 10, we shared our first, innocent kiss. When we were 16, we had sex for the first time. I know that's too much, and I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Every since that evening, I knew I liked guys, but no one else could know. Shit, my mom died the same year without knowing she had a gay son. With that regret of keeping my secret away from my mom, I decided to tell my dad, your grandfather, my truth, and you know what he told me? He told me to wait until he died before I started coming out. He didn't think he could live with people knowing he had a fag for a son. I know. It was fucked up. That broke me. I had no support, and emotionally, I started running until it became physically. From suffering the verbal abuse by my father, seeing people point at me and whisper on the streets, at work, or in church, enduring the guilt of watching your mom in emotional pain caused by me, to thinking too far ahead in the future of you possibly growing up to hate me, too, I just ran and never looked back, and I'm deeply, truly sorry for doing that, Jeremy. That was my biggest and only regret, leaving you behind, but it happened for a reason. Like you said, I could've came back, but that's where the cowardly took place. I was ashamed. I was ashamed of myself. I was ashamed of Leslie. I would fight him. I would push him away, but he just wouldn't give up on me so easily. He stood by me. He helped me. He gave me unconditional love. He waited. Even though I wasn't in the closet, I still had one leg in there of denial. It took me years to appreciate the man I was, but you? From what you just told me and how you told me like a man, you know what you want. You know who you love. As far as your fans and career go, can they hold you at night? Can they look you in your eyes? Can they love you back? If you love that man like you say you do and if you're willing to do anything for him, put him first."

When Jeremy got off that phone with his father, he just broke down and was immediately embraced by an emotional Trevor.

    Reaching up and wrapping his arms around Trevor's waist, Jeremy held on to him for dear life, and they just cried together.

It was an emotional time. Usually Jeremy would curse himself for not being strong but in this very moment, he no longer cared about being tough. His father was right, and it's crazy how much his words and voice still maintained that power after so many years.

Those were tears of love.

Those were tears of happiness.

Those were tears of sadness.

Those were tears of relief.

Those were tears of freedom, but he still was missing one thing, peace, and he knew what he had to do to get it.

He just needed a little more time.

🖤🔥🙏🏽😍🖤🔥🙏🏽😍🖤🔥🙏🏽😍🙏🏽😍🖤🔥🙏🏽😍🖤🔥🙏🏽😍

                 2 months Later,