Chapter 35: Unlovable

"You... you don't think ya love dat Jay dude nomo?" Nate asked in confusion.
"Y-yeah, yeah, I don't think I love him no more," Trevor said, as he blinked a couple of times and nodded his head, feeling very sure of himself.

Taking in Trevor's indecisive body language, Nate couldn't help the guilt that swept over him. He immediately became remorseful.

"Are ya...are ya sho?" Nate asked with one eyebrow raised.
"Mhm," Trevor said, as he nodded his head, not even looking up at Nate.
"Are ya positive?" Nate asked, needing more clarity.
"Yes Nate, I am positive," Trevor said semi-honestly. "I don't love Jay."

Even though he was so sure that he had his mind made up on the surface, deep down, a mental storm of confliction was disturbing the calm seas of right and wrong and sending deep earthquakes of uncertainty to separate his thoughts and emotions.

It was a battle he thought he buried.

"Trev," Nate called in a don't say that manner.
"I-I, I don't," Trevor repeated with a hint of confidence, as he shrugged his shoulders and smirked. "I don't love him at least...at least I think I don't...nah. Nah, nope I don't."
"What'cha mean ya don't love 'em nomo, beby?" Nate asked, as he couldn't help but wrinkle both of his eyebrows out of confusion. "How could you be so sho and quickly?"
"Exactly what I said, Nate," Trevor said, as he quickly started to get annoyed. "It don't get no clearer than that. I don't love Jeremy. The feelings I had for him are gone. They ain't comin' back."
"It sounds ta me like ya givin' up befo the action even starts," Nate said, honestly.
"Maybe, I am and maybe I have," Trevor said.
"Did you even love ole dude ta begin with?" Nate asked, as there was a blatant cloud of silence between them.
"I-I-I did, I did love him," he said, honestly. "It's just...it's just I- you know what? I'm leavin'."

With that, an frustrated Trevor quickly sat back up from Nate's hold on him. Then, he hurriedly turned his back on a worried Nate and was about to get up out of the bed completely to recollect his clothes and leave, but he stopped when he felt a strong hand grab his arm and pull him back in the bed.

"Weit, weit, weit, Trevor," Nate said, as he held on to him, moved over, and wrapped his arms around Trevor's waist from behind. "Please don't go. Just talk ta me."
"Nate, no," he said, as he reached up and tried to move Nate's arms from his waist. "I don't wanna talk about this anymore."
"But Trev-"
"No!" Trevor said. "I have my mind made up, and you're not about to change it."
"Um not tryna change it," Nate said, honestly. "I just need an undastandin'."
"Nate, you're starting to piss me off," Nate said in full annoyance now.
"Look, um sorry, Trevor," he said, honestly. "Um really am. I wasn't tryna piss ya off. I just wanna know why? Dat's all."

Trevor sighed, looked down, and closed his eyes.

"Why what, Nate?" Trevor asked, as Nate started explaining to him about his questioning.

"Why did you have a change of heart so quickly 'cause when ya first came here, dat wasn't how you were talkin' originally," Nate said, honestly.

🖤😭🔥🤞🏽FLASHBACK🖤😭🔥🤞🏽🖤

"You ever wondered if someone...that you love...loves you back or not?"
"Yeah, I have...a lot of times, actually," Nate replied, honestly. "Any nigga would be crezy if dey sey dey haven't."
"Well, that's my current situation," Trevor admitted. "I love this dude. Shit, you might can say I love him more than I do myself. I mean, I know that's fucked up, but it's true. I love that nigga. I'm head over heels for him. When I say love, I'm talkin' about romance type shit, chocolate high vibes. I'm talkin' passion. I'm talkin' relationship and would even accept marriage if it happens."