Chapter 10: Near

Exhaustedly and feeling faint from his hot shower, Jeremy went into his bedroom and collapsed down on his bed. He began catching his breath.

"I don't know...how much...more nuts...I can bust before I...before I get insane," Jeremy said, as he was breathing heavily.

He brought a hand up to his forehead and rubbed the sweat from it. Then, he weakly rolled over on his stomach to pray.

"Let me pray," he started, as he sat up on his elbows, combined his palms in a praying manner, bowed his head, cleared his throat, and closed his eyes. "Father, God, Lord, King, Jesus, please, please, please...I beg you. Guide me into the path of righteousness, patience, and strength, because I am this close...this close Father God to committing a sexual assault on my best friend. Why did you do it, Lord? Why couldn't you just rush when you made him? Why did you have to take your time? Look at what you have created. It's a blessing and a curse, Father God."

Meanwhile downstairs, Trevor was setting up Jeremy's game system. After grabbing the remote controls and tossing one over onto the couch beside him for Jeremy, Trevor used the TV remote to turn on the TV.

"Thank you, Lord, amen," Jeremy said, as he had just wrapped up the prayer.

     Then, he got up from his bed to get dressed in some more comfy clothes. When he was fully dressed, he laid back down on his bed.

"I think," Jeremy started, after he managed to relax and stare up at the ceiling. "I think I'm gonna stay in my room, today. Yeah, yeah, that's it. I'll just stay here to avoid him. He can be safe. I can be myself. I can take a nap, and the day should go by smoothly and boom! Tina will be here and DeeDee will be here for him. Oh shit, things are getting to be in order for me. If I get hungry though, I'll just order a pizza or something. Until then, I'm about to lay back and relax in my bed for the rest of the day."

        Jeremy released a sigh of relief and closed his eyes with a smile on his face.

      It wasn't even a whole minute before Jeremy heard a knock at his open room door and the sound of Trevor's voice.

"Say Jay?!!" Trevor called from standing in Jeremy's doorway.

     Jeremy's eyes shot open, as if he had awakened from a bad dream.

    'Fuck!' Jeremy thought, as his eyes moved from side to side. 'How the fuck did I not think to close my bedroom door back? Now, he's in my room!!!!!!! Fuck, what does he want?!!!!!!!!!???!'

"What's up, T?" Jeremy asked, as he sat up on his bed with a smile on his face.

He could see that Trevor had on a shirt.

"What are you about to do?" Trevor asked, as he squinted his eyes over at Jeremy. "Were you asleep just now?"
"Sleep?" Jeremy asked, as he shook his head. "Nah, I wasn't sleep. Why? What's up?"

          Jeremy licked his lips, and looked up at Trevor with a focused facial expression, which made Jeremy stare back over at him, as if he just seen something that the whole world needed to see, before he shook his head and looked down.

"If you ain't asleep," Trevor started, as he looked back over Jeremy. "You need to bring your chocolate ass back downstairs, so you can lose in game of 2K against me."

      With that, Trevor tossed over a game remote, as Jeremy easily caught it.

        "A game of 2K, huh?" Jeremy asked. "I already schooled you in a game of football. How many more battles are you tryna lose, my guy?"
"Ha!" Jeremy started. "If the world had confidence like that, this could be better place."