Chapter 25- Misunderstanding

"Why are you wearing this?"

Hiroki froze. He didn't know what to say and tried to release his hand from Tatsuya's grip. But instead Tatsuya tightened it more strongly.

He again asked," Why are you wearing this?"

"It's just........"

"IT'S JUST WHAT?!"

Hiroki got startled by Tatsuya's voice.

Mia heard this shout and immediately went inside. 

Tatsuya was still gripping Hiroki's hand very tightly.

Mia walked towards him and said," Let go."

Tatsuya didn't.

Mia also gripped Tatsuya's hand which was holding Hiroki and repeated," Let go."

Hiroki knew if one of them didn't give up, the situation was going to escalate.

He interrupted," I am wearing it due to my check-up. I am having one again soon, so that's why they didn't want me to remove it."

Tatsuya looked at Hiroki and slowly let go. Mia did the same after Tatsuya.

She said to Hiroki," Sir, if you are uncomfortable we can leave. You don't need to stay around people as abusive as him."

Tatsuya's face darkened.

Hiroki didn't know what to do.

Mia asked," Do you want to leave?"

"I-"

"He isn't going anywhere.", Tatsuya interrupted.

Mia ignored him," Sir, it's fine even if we leave."

Hiroki," No. It's okay. I will stay."

Hiroki also wanted to leave after what happened but Hikaru's face flashed in front of his eyes and that's why he stayed.

Tatsuya gave a satisfying smile without knowing what Hiroki was thinking.

Mia glared at Tatsuya," Then, I will be waiting outside. Call me if anything happens." She bowed and left.

Hiroki started looking through the menu. Tatsuya saw his change of attitude and couldn't help saying," I didn't mean to shout. I thought nothing serious would happen to you but I assumed wrong."

Hiroki realised that Tatsuya was blaming himself and immediately said," This is not what you think. I went to hospital yesterday for check-up, that's when this drip was attached."

Tatsuya looked at him," Check-up? For your heart's condition?"

"Ye- Wait! How do you know?"

" A... When we took you to hospital, the doctor told us. It makes sense now why you passed out at bus stop. I just thought you were having fever."

"Dr.Lee told you?"

"No, the other doctor did. Right! You didn't know you were shifted, did you?"

Hiroki was dumbfounded. He didn't know any of this.

Tatsuya placed the order and continued," That Dr.Lee or something told us to shift you to his hospital. We couldn't do anything 'cause he had some legally signed papers."

Hiroki sighed," Yeah he does."

"Why does he have those papers?"

Hiroki went quiet.

"It's fine if you don't want to tell me."

"No, it isn't like that. It's just............at that time I didn't have any immediate family to make decisions for me. He was the only one."