Chapter 66- Do you want Past to Repeat?

Itonome," My. It was my fault."

Mirai and Hakuto frowned when he said this. Hakuto asked angrily," What?! How?"

Itonome who was still looking at Hiroki's shoulder said plainly," I was out of my mind."

Hakuto walked near him. His anger was increasing every passing second," That's why you did this?! Are you insane?! What if it would have been more severe?"

Itonome kept quiet causing Hakuto to sigh in frustration. He asked Hiroki patiently," Is it severe? What did the doctor say?"

Hiroki," It isn't severe. A hair crack. They will remove plaster in two weeks."

Hakuto nodded," Okay. Go back to your room and take some rest."

Hiroki looked at Itonome, wanting to say something, but eventually left. Itonome looked at his descending back and had complicated feelings in his heart. He wanted to run behind Hiroki to apologise but didn't have it in him to even look in his brother's eyes. 

Mirai looked at Itonome with disappointment and said,"Why are you behaving like your sister? What were you thinking? This is abuse, Itonome. You are abusing him mentally  and emotionally and now physically too. You disappointed me like your twin. You know what he is going through then also you are making things this hard for him!"

Hakuto also scolded him," Itonome, do you think we are idiots to take care of Hiroki so carefully, huh? Do you have any idea if we didn't find about about Hiroki's sickness and wouldn't have dragged him back here, what would have happened? He would been already dead and we wouldn't have even known about it! We have been blessed with a chance to improve his condition but you all are behaving like this! Mikarin, Ray and now even you! *Sigh* At this rate, he will hate us more and more. Do you want the past to repeat? Do you!?"

Itonome's eyes turned red due to guilt, frustration, sadness and many more emotions. This time, he was truly at wrong. He rubbed his eyes and said," I am sorry."

Mirai," You shouldn't apologize to us but your brother. You are now old enough that we can't hit you for disciplining. So, go back in your room to repent and do not come out as long as you won't decide to say sorry to Hiroki. Leave."

He left quietly without protesting anything.

Hakuto looked at Mia who was still kneeling and said," I won't ask you anything. Don't think of this as forgiveness but warning. If you dared to hurt Hiroki in future, you will see my wrath. Go."

She also left after bowing to them.

Hakuto sat back on sofa and asked Mirai," We really messed up our children's relationship with Hiroki, didn't we?"

Mirai didn't say anything and went back in their bedroom.

Next morning, Hiroki was having really high fever. He didn't have any strength in him to even get out of his bed, going to office was far away. He called Sheila in that state and told her what task to do. Sheila heard his raspy voice and asked in concern that if he was okay but Hiroki brushed it off by saying it was just fever.

Kirihitho came to know that Hiroki took a sick leave and immediately contacted him but the other side didn't pick up his calls. He grew anxious and called Hikaru to ask what happened. Hikaru who had no idea Hiroki was running down with fever, immediately went in his room to check on him. 

Hiroki was in deep sleep. Hikaru checked on him and sighed with relief when he found out it was just fever and not cold. He contacted Kirihitho and told him not to worry about anything. Even though he found it weird that indifferent Kirihitho cared so much about his brother but he ignored it. Hiroki turned to his injured shoulder's side and flinch. He groaned in pain and turned on other side. 

Hikaru noticed this and slid his t-shirt down to see what was wrong and saw the plaster. He frowned,' What the hell happened?'

Someone knocked and came inside. Hikaru looked at him in confusion and asked," What are you doing here?"

Itonome looked at sleeping Hiroki who was completely red due to fever and asked with concern," What happened to him?"

Hikaru," He is having fever."

Itonome made an Oh sound and looked at his plastered shoulder which was now exposed due to Hikaru. His expressions changed immediately. Hikaru asked," Why is there a plaster on his shoulder? Do you have any idea? I think he got fever due to this injury."

Itonome struggled to speak," He got a hair crack.................... because of me."

Hikaru was startled," Huh?!"

Itonome," I pushed him roughly against the wall."

Hikaru frowned but didn't say anything. They both fell in silence. After a while, Hikaru asked," Why did you come here?"

"To apologise."

"Yeah, first make him suffer then apologize. That's what we are doing for all these years." He left after saying this.

Itonome stood there with guilt.

2-3 hours later, Hiroki woke up but he was still having high fever. He sat straight and was startled when he saw Itonome standing besides his bed like a zombie. He asked," You scared me. What are you doing here?"

"..."

Hiroki again asked," What happened? Is something wrong?"

Itonome got on his knees, held one of Hiroki's hand and bend his neck down. He rasped," I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I am so sorry."

Hiroki looked at him with wide eyes and didn't know what to do. Itonome's grip got more strong on his hand but not painful. He continued," You don't need to forgive me. It's fine if you don't forgive me but just.......just don't hate me. I promise I will never say or do anything to you. Just please don't hate me. I am sorry."

Hiroki's mind wasn't able to comprehend any thoughts. He was in shock. This person (Itonome) who never even showed a guilty expression in his entire life, was kneeling and apologizing to him. He went completely blank.

Itonome looked up at him and said," Is it painful? Should we call a doctor?"

Hiroki said in shock," No-no it's fine. I-I am just in shock that you apologized to me."

Itonome found Hiroki's expression funny and couldn't help laughing lightly. He got up and ruffled Hiroki's hair," You didn't change at all, huh."

Hiroki looked up at him in confusion.

Itonome bend down, kissed his forehead and said," I love you."