Chapter 63- It was Too Much

Sheila looked at Hiroki with admiration. She never thought that this young man would be able to handle leading this. She smiled slightly to herself.

After the meeting came to an end, Hiroki stayed back as per requested by Kirihitho and Tatsuya. When everyone left, Tatsuya grinned at Hiroki and said," That was amazing! I thought we were in trouble when he put up his demands. How did you manage to pull it off?"

Hiroki replied back plainly," Before coming here, I did some background check on them and found out that this company is on the verge of bankruptcy. They need this dealing as much as we do."

Tatsuya," That's not true. We don't need this dealing as much as they do."

Hiroki looked at him with disappointment and disapproval.

Kirihitho asked," What? We still have back up with us. We are not as desperate as they are."

Hiroki sighed," Whose back up do you have? Your family's?"

Kirihitho nodded.

Hiroki," So you are entirely going to depend on that back up?"

Tatsuya said with a frown," That's not true."

"But you both sound like you are completely dependent on them. Maybe I am crossing my limits but someone has to say this. Your company is in a big mess right now but you are acting like everything is fine. What if your parents weren't as powerful as they are right now? Would you be this casual then also? You need to face this problem on your own rather than relying on anyone else's help. You need to stand back up on your own."

Kirihitho and Tatsuya's face were twisted with emotions Hiroki couldn't guess of. Kirihitho," Do you think we are incapable?"

Hiroki said with confidence," No. I never thought of you as incapable. If you were incapable, this company won't be standing today. What I am saying is, you should step up your game."

"Means?"

"Means, you should grab every deal possible right now. We are in need of projects. And acting arrogantly isn't going to help you in any way. Also, you need to be prepared for the problems you are going to face. This is going to be a rollercoaster for everyone."

Kirihitho and Tatsuya looked at each other.

Tatsuya asked," Do you have any plan?"

Trigger Warning (Mention of self harming)

Hiroki was going through the file when Aunt Min entered his room. She asked with excitement," How was your first day, Hiro?"

Hiroki smiled brightly at her," It was amazing. But I am really tired. It's been so long since I worked this much."

"Aww... don't worry. Aunt Min is here. I will make some herbal tea for you. Okay?!"

"Thank you so much! I need it!"

At that time, someone interrupted their conversation after barging in his room. Aunt Min said respectfully," Young master Itonome. Good evening."

Itonome," Leave. I need to talk with him."

She looked at Hiroki in worry but left as she was told.

Itonome walked towards Hiroki slowly while glaring at him. He asked with annoyance," Why are you making things difficult for us?"

Hiroki gave him a confused look. This angered him even more. He yanked Hiroki out of his seat and threw him on the wall. Itonome was much more stronger than Mikarin. So even if he didn't use much force, it still hurted Hiroki a lot. He grunted and fell down hard on the floor.

Hiroki asked while gasping," What the hell is your problem?"

Itonome growled," What the hell is my problem! I should be the one asking you that! Because of you Rin and dad had a fight! The man who never even scolded her, shouted at her today because of you! What did you do this time?"

Hiroki clenched his fists. He struggled to get up. His shoulder was hurting a lot due to the sudden impact. He looked at Itonome and said," Am I always the one who is wrong? Have you ever thought that your sister can also cause problems too?"

Itonome angrily said," No! I don't think that she can cause problems! Do you know why? Because ever since you came back, nothing is going right in this house. Mom is sick all the time, dad is always worried about you, brother has a lot of pressure because of you causing Itsuki, Ai and Ian a lot of problems. And now, Rin and dad are fighting. Did you come back here to destroy my family again?!"

"BROTHER!", Haru shouted at him who came to meet Hiroki to ask about his day just to be met with this scene.

She and Itonome both realised it went too far. But that wasn't the most frightening thing. The most frightening thing was Hiroki's silence. They both looked at Hiroki who was unresponsive.

After a while he wispered," Are you done?"

Itonome didn't say anything. Maybe due to guilt.

"If you are done, leave."

Itonome," Hiroki, listen, I didn't-"

"Leave I said."

Haru grabbed Itonome's arm. She indicated him to leave. It wasn't the right time to say anything. Itonome nodded and left after glancing at Hiroki for last time.

Haru walked near Hiroki and tried to console him," Don't listen to him, brother. You know how he is once he is mad."

He didn't react or say anything to her and went directly inside the bathroom. He locked the door and walked in front of the mirror. Haru banged on the door to let her come in but Hiroki wasn't able to hear anything. After some time, she left thinking he needed some time alone.

He started the tap water and splashed cold water on his face for long time. But this time, his head was completely empty. He just went on splashing water on his face, till his hands became white and cold. He finally stopped and looked at his pale reflection. For the first time, he pitied what he saw. For the first time that day he said to himself that it wasn't his fault. He wasn't responsible for what happened. This was maybe the result of the traumatic incident that happened to him that morning.

He slid down and whimpered pitifully. He felt so alone, so lonely. It was too much for him. Too much pain. He crawled towards one of the cabinets and took out a razer from it. He tried to convince himself to not do this but he needed it. He just needed the pain to go away. And to do that, he needed even more painful thing to remember.

He slid his pants down and made a cut on his thigh. But one cut wasn't enough. Two cuts, three cuts, four cuts.........four cuts were enough for that day.