Chapter 93- Meeting Lee for last time

Hiroki sat in the room nervously. It wasn't his first time meeting someone like this in prison but this someone was none other than Lee. Hiroki had really hard time convincing himself to come here and face Lee. And now that he was here, he was getting more and more nervous.

The door in front of him opened and in came Lee. He was really surprised to see Hiroki.
They both held their intercoms but no one was able to speak. One because of guilt and other because of betrayal. But they didn't have all day so Lee broke the ice," How are you doing? I heard you are seeing Dr.Noman now. He is really amazing. I hope he is taking good care of you."

"He is. He is a nice one."

".......I know you are not here to ask how I am doing. You want to know why I did what I did to you, don't you?"

Hiroki stared at him with red eyes and nodded.

Lee sighed," I want to tell you a story. Listen carefully, okay? Once upon a time, there was an average looking boy who fell in love with a very beautiful girl who was just like a Cinderella. Not only in looks but also in personality. The boy liked her very much but didn't have it in him to confess his love to such a beautiful girl. He worked hard every single day to be successful thinking that even if he didn't have the beauty but atleast he had success and money. After he was enough successful, he confessed his love to the beautiful girl who surprisingly said yes to him. He was ecstatic. He thought that he got everything in his life. Success, money and a wife who loved him. But oh boy, he was so wrong. That beautiful girl turned out to be a witch at heart. She started tormenting him day and night and demanded more and more. The boy was in so much pain when he finally realised what grave mistake he committed by marrying the beautiful girl. Day by day the facade of beautiful girl started fading. She started tormenting him more and more. He thought that he would never be free and happy.*sigh*
           But one day, the beautiful girl gave him a chance to be set free by fulfilling her wish. He readily agreed to her as he was finally able to set free. She told him to bring the heart of an angel who used to reside in forest so that she would be able to be beautiful forever. The boy immediately set off to the forest. He searched for that angel day and night. He searched it everywhere from caves to lakes, but to no avail. He was so tired by this search that he passed out due to exhaustion. The last thing he saw before losing consciousness was a bright light. He thought that, that was it. I am going to die just like this. I wasn't even able to live my life.
                    He slowly opened his eyes and realised that he wasn't in heaven. He was still alive! He could still lead a happy life! Just as he was about to leave, he saw the beautiful angel looking at him timidly.........no, painfully. The boy realised that angel was in pain. A lot of pain. He slowly approached him, gained it's trust and tended to it's injuries. He helped the angel in everyway just like how angel saved his life. They were really happy in each other's company but boy never forgot about his mission. So, one day when the angel was asleep, the boy approached it slowly. He pierced through it's chest and dug out the heart. He looked at the dead angel one last time before finally giving him a proper funeral. The boy reached his house and gave the beautiful girl the heart as she desired and he was finally set free. From everything. End of story."

The officer who was listening to his story from behind asked," Did he not even regret killing the angel?"

Lee looked at Hiroki straight in the eyes and replied honestly," No, he didn't regret it."

Officer grunted," What a shameless boy! He deserved what he went through!"

Lee chuckled," He did because he realised he was the same monster as the beautiful girl. The difference is, she showed it and boy hid it. So what is the moral of the story? Never trust anyone, no matter how nice they are."

Hiroki said," I-I don't know what you have gone through but you didn't deserve any of it. I didn't come here to tell you that I hate you because I don't and I never will. Do you know why? Because you were there for me when no one was even though you didn't even know me. I just want to say..........Thank you for everything."

Lee sighed," You shall not be like this, dear Hiroki. That's why so many people hurted you because they took your kindness and forgiveness for granted. Don't be so naive, Hiroki. You will just end up getting hurt even more and more."

Just as he said this, a buzzer ringed indicating the time was over. Lee said last thing before being taken back," Thank you for coming here. And..............take care."