Chapter 29- You called me Brother for first time but didn't even notice it

Kai went to pick up Itsuki and their children at night.

He entered Itsuki's house and his leg was immediately attacked by his daughter, Ai.

Ai exclaimed," Daddy! You are here! I missed you sho much!"

Kai picked her up and touched her nose," Even I missed you so much!"

Ai faked her anger and said," No you didn't! If you did you would have calld me!"

"Aw, I am sorry princess. Daddy was just very busy. Then, what can daddy do to make you forgive him?" Kai asked cuetly.

Ai said," Take me back at home. I am vely boled hele."

Kai laughed and said," Ok then. Get your bags ready, we are going back!"

Ai's eyes sparkled," Leally? YEAH!"

Ai ran back in her room to pack her bags.

Kai walked towards Itsuki and hugged him. Itsuki hugged him back and asked," Why did you bring us here?"

Kai said,still hugging," Too many things happened. If I would have brought you back in Kamazura house, I wouldn't have been able to pay proper attention to you."

Itsuki smiled.

After long time, Kai let Itsuki go to pack his bags and held their baby boy whom they named, Ian.

Kai walked in Itsuki's room and asked," Where are your parents?"

"Some emergency occured. I told them before leaving that I am going back. They didn't seem very happy." Itsuki chuckled.

Kai smiled," I will bring you back to meet with them again."

Itsuki and Kai returned back at Kamazura house and were greeted by everyone.

Mirai asked Itsuki," How have you been? I missed you so much!"

Itsuki smiled," I am fine. Even I missed you so much."

Ai ran back to her room, Itsuki was showered with questions and love and Ian was being passed from one person to another. Ian seemed to be quiet baby even in all this commotion. Kai couldn't help shaking his head and looked at his family.Maybe it was the best choice to bring Itsuki and his kids back. The glow was back on his family's faces. He smiled lightly and sat besides Itsuki.

Itsuki was looking around as if trying to find someone. Kai saw this and asked," Who are you trying to find?"

Itsuki looked at him," Your brother. Where is he? I didn't see him since we arrived."

Kai sighed," He is in hospital. Had a major surgery today to attach some machine to his heart."

Itsuki frowned," Attach some machine? Is his condition that bad?"

Kai nodded," His heart had become weak. So weak that it was not able to pump blood properly. Even the infection is very bad and due it, one of his heart's valves has stopped working."

Itsuki had a rough idea about Hiroki's condition but he didn't know it was that bad.He asked," Was surgery a success?"

"It can only be determined after two days. We can just hope it is successful."

"When can we meet him?"

"I have no idea."

Itsuki sat back and looked at their family. He couldn't help frowning even more.

Mikarin listened to all of their conversation and sat their blankly. She thought,' Is it that bad? Even brother seem to be worried.'

After 48hrs, Noman did a check-up on Hiroki's body. The VAD seemed to work properly but Hiroki still wasn't awake. It was the fourth day that Hiroki finally awoke but was too weak to even talk or sit. He was awake for like two hours and again went back in coma state. He slipped in and out of consciousness for at least next six days. All this time, he was kept in ICU and no one was allowed to meet him.

Everyone in his family was really concerned. All these days, Hiroki was not only in coma state but also was running down with a very high fever. This caused him to not be able to breath properly and was constantly attached to oxygen cylinder.

Noman really didn't think that Hiroki will require so much time to recover from the surgery. This indicated that his body had weakened. 

Finally after two weeks, Hiroki was feeling much better and he was shifted to general ward.

Hiroki sat in his bed very uncomfortably. He thought,' It is going to take a lot of time to get used to this. Damn it's so uncomfortable.'

He looked out of the window and sat in his bed quietly. After sometime, Kai entered the room and asked Hiroki," Are you okay? You don't have fever again right?"

Hiroki looked at him and shake his head. He asked Kai," I want to go back. How long do I have to stay here?"

Kai sighed," You just came out of ICU three days ago and are already talking about going back. You need to stay here for at least one more week."

Hiroki whined," But I am fine now. Can't that one week be reduced to two days?"

Kai walked towards Hiroki and checked his temperature and muttered to himself," You indeed have fever."

Hiroki protested," No I don't! Come on brother, I want to go back! I don't want to stay here!"

Kai's whole body stiffened. He looked at Hiroki with wide eyes. Today was the first time Hiroki called him Brother after coming back to Kamazura house. He abruptly straighten his body and left the room without saying anything.

Hiroki sat at the bed pouting. He didn't seem to notice that he called Kai brother for the first time. He leaned back on his bed and went in deep slumber.

Kai sat outside of Hiroki's room. He was staring at the wall calmly but his thoughts were mess.

'Today is the first time he called me Brother. I guess it is due to his fever. Yeah! It is due to his fever only or why else would he call me that! I-'

"Mr.Kai?"

Someone said, abruptly stopping Kai's thought process.