Chapter 28 - I guess they don't love him

Kai and Itonome sat besides each other when Hiroki was in operation theater. They both were quiet. None of them knew how did this reach so far.

Itonome asked," How did this happen? Why did this escalate so much?......*Sigh*. Why is ......." Itonome didn't know what to say. He was very confused.

He always thought that Hiroki was faking everything to come back to Kamazura's house but he was wrong. Totally wrong. Hakuto told them everything about Hiroki's health. They were shock would be an understatement. And he wasn't feeling guilty would also be a lie.  He was guilty that his brother didn't think about reaching to them for help, guilty that he didn't try to contact him(Hiroki) all these years, guilty that he couldn't do anything to make Hiroki's condition better.

Kai said," I have no idea. And by what father said it must have been very difficult for him all these years. On top of that, he never even asked for help. Not even once. Even after we dragged him back to our house he didn't say anything about his health being this bad. Does he have a lot of pride or he just doesn't think of us as his family anymore?"

Itonome said quietly," But the incident that occurred, wasn't that his fault? I couldn't help despising him for all these years. He did such a horrible thing and acted as if nothing happened. He still acts like nothing happened. He just have a lot of pride and nothing else............... If only mom and dad wouldn't have protected him like that he would have turned out to be a better person."

" We can't blame mom and dad for this. Even they didn't think such thing will happen. Well right now we can't talk about any of this in front of Hiroki. We will grab a nice opportunity to confront him but not right now."

Itonome looked at the words operation theater and said," Yeah. I just hope everything would turn out how it used to be."

Kai patted Itonome's shoulder as if telling him - it's going to be fine.

Hiroki was shifted to ICU. Noman told them that Hiroki would be under strict observation for 48hrs and no one could visit him.

Kai and Itonome went back home and were immediately greeted with lot of questions.

"How did it go?"

"Is he okay?"

"He didn't die, right?"

"What did the doctor said?"

Kai looked at them and said," Right now,bdoctor can't say if operation was successful. They are keeping him under observation for 48hrs and only then anything could be known. Also, no he didn't die."

Kai said looking dead at Haru.

Haru just nervously laughed and didn't look at him in eyes.

Hakuto asked," How long did it take to perform surgery?"

"At least six hours."

Hakuto nodded and said," Kai your husband called today. He said he wants to come back. In first place you should have brought him here rather than sending him to his parents house. I didn't even get to see my grandchildren for so long."

Mirai added," Exactly! They are the life of this house. You should immediately bring them back. And I miss my son-in-law. By today only bring them back."

Kai nodded and went back to his room to freshen up.

He sat on the bed and thought about his parents. Judging by today's conversation, they didn't seem to be worried about Hiroki that much or else why would they talk so happily about their grandchildren and son-in-law when their son went through such a big surgery.Or maybe he was just overthinking this. 

He knew very well that since they were young Hiroki was not preferred by any of his parents. Hell, he was even raised by their grandmother and not by their parents. Also, Mirai used to complain or scold Hiroki even for the slightest mistake while all of their siblings got away with almost everything. In fact, Mirai never believed in Hiroki. Whenever something went wrong and Hiroki was involved, it was all his fault. This had caused a lot of strain on their relationship. And it was their parents unfair treatment towards their children that Hiroki was constantly bullied and picked on by everyone.

Kai still remembered Hiroki's face after their grandmother's death. It was as if a part of him(Hiroki) died on the day their grandmother died. He didn't talk with anyone for long time. Actually, he became mute for almost two years. And when he finally started talking, he became a rebellious child. Never listened to anyone, always caused trouble, always involved in fights. The situation that time was so bad that Hiroki was even thrown out of school for beating a kid to death.

But he never blamed Hiroki for any of it. He knew Hiroki needed help and tried to reach for them(his family) so many times but they just ended up hurting him even worse.

Maybe what happened in past was the reason Hiroki never tried to ask help from them.

Kai rubbed his face in frustration. He was lost. Only if he would have tried helping Hiroki earlier nothing would have escalated so much.Now, Hiroki had become completely detached from them. He knew this from the day he visited Hiroki. His only thought was,' This shouldn't have happened.'