Chapter 32- How long has it been?

Noman was sitting in his cabin, playing with a paper weight while thinking about Hiroki's words. What Hiroki said was indeed right. None of the previous donors' heart matched with Hiroki so what is the possibility that he will find a match in future. Maybe he was really unique. But Noman thought that something was fishy. 

Hiroki's heart didn't match with any of the three hearts. How was that possible? If it happened for one time or two times, it is acceptable but three times! No, there was something wrong. Noman had this guy feeling that was shouting at him to find more details about Hiroki's case. Of course, his gut feeling could be wrong but what was the harm in finding more information.

He picked up his phone and dialed someone's number," Hello. I need you to find information about my patient's previous medical records. Yes, everything. From his doctors to nurses to his any sort of donors. I am sending you his details now. Find everything about his medical records by tommorow. Yeah."

He put his phone down and sighed,' I won't let you lose hope, Hiroki."

Hiroki who was sitting in the hospital bed sneezed.

He looked outside the window. It was already night. Itonome went home one hour ago and Hiroki was feeling very lonely sitting on his bed all alone.

Then suddenly he remembered that he had phone. He rummaged around and found his phone in one of the drawers. He picked it up and saw five missed calls. Two were from Dr.Lee and others were from Mikasa. He decided to call Dr.Lee tomorrow and inform him about his situation. 

While he was thinking about what to say to Lee, his phone again rang. It was from Mikasa. He was scared to pick it up but answered it anyways.

Hiroki,"Hey."

Mikasa," WHAT HEY? WHERE ARE YOU?! THERE IS NO ONE IN YOUR APARTMENT FOR LAST ONE WEEK! I AM VISITING HERE EVERYDAY  F**KING THINKING THAT SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED TO YOU! I CALLED YOU SO MANY DAMN TIMES BUT IT WAS UNREACHABLE!DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH WORRIED I AM? WHERE THE F**K  ARE YOU?!"

"Hey! Calm down! I am fine! And I am so sorry for not contacting you for so long. Just many things happened these past two weeks. I am sorry. Please don't be mad."

"F**K YOU HIROKI! DON'T BE MAD? F**K I AM GOING CRAZY HERE THINKING SOMETHING TERRIBLE HAPPENED TO YOU AND YOU ARE SAYING NOT TO BE MAD AT YOU?*Sob* Do you have any idea how much worried I was? Why are you taking me for granted?" Mikasa started crying. She was so worried this past week. She went everywhere to find Hiroki, lodged a police complaint and didn't sleep for all these nights just to be given a damn sorry! She was mad, so mad that if Hiroki would have stood in front of her right then she would have killed him.

Hiroki," Don't cry. I will tell you where I am."

"THEN F**KING SPEAK!"

"I am in Z hospital."

"Huh? Why are you in a damn hospital?"

"As I said, many things happened these past two weeks. You come here tommorow and I will tell you everything. Okay?"

"What tommorow? I will come there right now!"

"What are you even saying? It's already past 10pm. And your daughter must be waiting for you. Come visit me tommorow. Go home and get some sleep................... And I am sorry for taking you for granted."

"Be prepared to answer every single one of my question tommorow. And also for some curses. Bad night, then"

After hanging up the phone, Hiroki stared at his phone for some time and smiled slightly. He was happy. He was happy that there was someone out there who cared for him so much. There was someone out there who loved him. This gave him a new hope to survive and he was feeling very ecstatic. He went to bed at that night with a smile on his face which he hadn't done for very long time.

The next day, Mikasa visited him as the first thing in the morning. She sat beside the bed and glared at Hiroki.

Mikasa," Speak."

Hiroki gulped and told her everything that had happened. Mikasa's expression went from anger to blank to disbelief to again anger. After Hiroki told her everything she said," So many things happened and you didn't even call me! Are you nuts?"

"It's not like that. I just didn't want to worry you. That's why."

Mikasa said with teary eyes," Not want to worry me? Well, for your surprise you worried me a lot.........................You should have called me. You have helped me so much all these years. Did you think I won't do the same for you?"

Hiroki went quiet. For long time he didn't say anything.

"You know Mikasa, the person who truly cared for me that is my grandma, sh-she died because of me. My mom and dad don't care about me at all. They never did. My siblings, they all hate me and I don't know why. I never had any real friends. The only real friend I had, betrayed me and left. All these years, I got nothing in return from these people, except my grandma, for my kindness. Yeah, even I committed many mistakes but I am a human too. But I guess all the people in my life failed to recognize me as a human. That's why, I never expect anything from anyone. At least, not anymore." 

Hiroki looked at Mikasa and smiled," You remind me of my grandma. You care for me truly, you respect me and my decisions, you stand for me but............... it's hard. It's hard to believe that anyone can care for some one like me. After all, I am a monster in angel's clothing, a leech. I don't de-"

Mikasa couldn't hear anymore any hugged Hiroki tightly. She had no idea that Hiroki was suffering so much. She always thought of Hiroki as a very happy and reliable person. But after hearing what Hiroki said today, she realised that Hiroki was really sad and needed some one badly to rely on too. He was so young, yet he suffered so much. He didn't deserve it. He didn't deserve any of it.

When Hiroki was suddenly hugged, he started crying. How long has it been that some one hugged him with so much warmth?