Chapter 98- Something different

Hakuto slowly approached Hiroki and tried to held his hand but Hiroki flinched back and kept his distance. Hakuto sighed in defeat and said," It's your choice, Hiroki. If you want Mikasa to be your gurdian then do it. You must have definitely thought through this."

Kai protested," But dad-"

Hakuto stopped him," Enough. It's his choice. Don't argue on this further."

Hiroki looked at Hakuto with complicated expression. He knew that Hakuto didn't approve of his decision. It was his guilt that gave Hiroki the permission.
Hiroki left after the tense discussion to help Haru and Mito.

Kai asked in utter confusion," What the hell was that, dad? That's so not like you."

Hakuto sighed," Look, he must have thought through this, okay?"

Kai grumbled," I don't think so. He is just......... keeping his distance from us."

"Can you blame him? I mean, after everything, you seriously think he will forget all that's happened and act as if everything is fine?"

Kai sighed," I know he won't easily forget those things.....but dad, this is too much. He is trusting some stranger than his own family."

"...... It's his choice. We can't do anything."

"Yes we can! We will force him. Or threaten him.....I don't know. But we can do something."

"Are you hearing yourself?"

"Come on, dad. It's not like it's the first time we are forcing him! We forced him to come back, we forced him to change his doctor, we forced him to get that machine, then why can't we do this?"

Hakuto frowned," All the things you said, they are the exact reasons. Since he came back, we just forced him to listen to us. Let him have his way for once."

".......I don't think that's the reason. I think, you are hiding something from me. What is it, dad? Just now, when you threw that vase, Hiroki looked terrified of you. And that's not the first time it has happened. Why did you agree so easily, dad? What is the reason?"

"Look, I don't want to talk on this topic further. Send Itonome to that.....what was her name?"

"Mikasa."

"Right, Mikasa. Tell him to talk with her. Maybe threaten her so that she will be in constant pressure and will eventually give up the guardianship."

Kai's eyes shone," Dad! That's an amazing idea! You are something, aye!"

Hakuto sighed to himself as he was finally able to get Kai off of his back. He wanted no one to know what happened that day, no matter what. Even though he felt guilty about it, he could not let his kids know what horrible things he did and said to Hiroki.

Itonome stood infront of an old apartment building and frowned,' At least Hiroki lived in much better place.'

He knocked on Mikasa's apartment door and waited but no response. He again knocked.......but still no response. He was getting irritated by this. Just as he was about to kick the door open, the door opened. He looked down and saw a little girl, same age as Ai.

He stood up stiff in front of her sight because it was not what he expected. He asked the little girl stiffly," Hey, where is Mikasa?"

Little girl looked at him in confusion.

This time he changed his question," Where is your mom?"

At that time, Mikasa came from outside and she looked at Itonome with utter confusion.

The little girl saw her and ran towards her," Mommy!! What did you get me?"

Mikasa scolded her," Sou, how many times have I told you not to open the door when I am not home?!"

Sou bowed her head in shame," Shorry, Mommy."

Mikasa sighed," I will deal with you later."
She glared at Itonome and asked," What are you doing here?"

Itonome rolled his eyes," Do you want to do this outside?"

Mikasa sent Sou in and stood infront of her apartment door," I am not inviting you in my apartment. What you want to do, do it here."

Itonome smirked," Fine. Hiroki wants you to be his gurdian which Lee was before."

Mikasa frowned," What? And you agreed?"

"Of course not but dad did. So we have to too. Look,"
He walked closer to her and threatened," Because of Hiroki's stubbornness you are going to be his guardian. From now on, you don't get to live freely. There will always be someone keeping an eye on you, on what you eat, when you sleep,what your daughter do. So, think again before accepting."

Mikasa looked confidently in his eyes and said," If Hiroki wants me to be his guardian then I will. I don't need to listen to some yahoo threatening me and make my decision according to him. If you are done, you may leave. That's the way."

She turned back and closed the door on his face.

Itonome stood infront of the door for sometime and left shortly. He sat in his car and asked his bodyguard," How will I usually react if someone close their door on my face?"

Bodyguard gave him a confused look but replied," You will get mad and beat them to death."

"Exactly. But I felt something different this time."

".....what?"

"I don't know. But it definitely wasn't anger."

Back in Mikasa's apartment, she was leaning on her door and thinking about what happened. She was blushing red. This wasn't good. This really wasn't good.

She picked her phone and called someone," We need to talk."

"I also want to talk with you."

"Yeah, of course you do, Hiroki! Meet me at the same cafe within half! Bye! Also, I am bringing Sou. She wants to meet you."

"Of course. Even I want to see her. See you there!"