Chapter 41- First Trial

Hiroki started reading Mami's case after eating lunch. But he was feeling really sick. He didn't have any strength in him to even sit straight and he was having high fever. Then also he forced himself to read everything that was possible. But unfortunately, he fell asleep after two hours causing him to not read the case in detail.

When he finally woke up it was already next day. He looked at the clock. It was 8am. He sprinted out of his bed, got freshen up and started reading the case again. By the time Aunt Min came in his room with breakfast, it was already 9am. He asked her anxiously," Why didn't you wake me up? Did I take my last night's dose?"

Aunt Min was surprised," Well you were having high fever yesterday. It was so high that you were mumbling in your sleep. I didn't have the heart to wake you. You indeed took yesterday's dose and even ate dinner but I guess you just don't remember it."

Hiroki frowned. He didn't remember anything from yesterday's night. He cursed himself for being so useless. He ate breakfast in a hurry, took his medicines, changed his clothes and dashed out of his room. He looked at the clock. It was 9.40am. He was late.

He walked out of Kamazura mansion and thought,' The bus stop is 15min. away. Even if I reached at bus stop, I won't be able to reach court at time. Also I haven't even read the complete details of the case! Oh My God! What am I going to do?!'

"What are you doing standing in the middle of the road?"

Hiroki looked behind him and saw Kai. Hiroki asked him," Can you please drop me to court? The trail is at ten and if I go from bus I won't be able to reach on time!"

Kai snorted," Why should I?"

Hiroki pleaded," Please! Please just do me this favor one time!"

"No."

Hiroki insisted," I will return you this favor back. Just please help me ."

Kai was going to reject more firmly but when he looked at Hiroki, he couldn't help saying yes by seeing how weak Hiroki looked.

Hiroki was extremely thankful to him.

They arrived at the court before two minutes for 10am. Hiroki speed walked towards the room followed by a scolding Kai telling him to walk slowly. But Hiroki paid him no mind and entered the court room.

Everyone was already settled down including the judge. When Hiroki entered the silent court room, naturally everyone's attention went to his direction. They all had mixed reactions. Akane and Anzu were relieved. While his father and mother were disappointed. He quickly walked towards the lawyer's section and apologised to entire court room," I am so sorry for being late."

Someone snorted. He looked towards that direction and frowned. It was Kakeru. Hiroki predicted that he was the one handling the riches side.

Kakeru," How irresponsible of you, Hiroki Kamazura! You arrived even after the judge did. You really think of yourself as a prince now, don't you?"

Hiroki ignored him and sat on his allocated desk. This angered Kakeru. He was going to say something but was interrupted by judge," Learn to be punctual from next time."

Hiroki," Yes, my lord."

Judge," Anyways, now that everyone has arrived, we will start with the first trial of Mami Sachio's rape and murder case at 10.10am on x date. According to my knowledge, this case has been reopened by Mami Sachio's mother, Akane Sachio. So, shall we begin? What does defendant side has to say?"

Kakeru got up and fixed his coat. He walked towards the center and said with confidence," I have said this before and I will say this again. My clients, Kisame Akio, Haru Kamazura, Ningning Shirahane and Nabuki Shirahane are innocent. I have proved this before. I just don't find any meaning of reopening this case."

Judge nodded while looking at the files provided by Kakeru. He said," The proofs which I have here indeed say that all of them are innocent. Plaintiff, do you want to say anything on this?"

Hiroki stood up and said," My only comment is, they are not innocent."

Judge," Why?"

Hiroki," Mami Sachio called her mother before she was murdered. When she called her mother, Akane Sachio, she told her mother that she was being followed. When the call got cut, she started taking video of her stalkers by her phone. We revived this video from Mami Sachio's phone. This tape shows the video taken by Mami Sachio."

Hiroki started the tape on the TV present in the court room. Everyone's eyes were glued on it. This evidence wasn't shown when the case was first filed. It was a shocker to defendant's side. In the video, it showed that three people were following Mami. One of them was wearing an orange jacket, second one was wearing a blue jumpsuit and other was wearing a white shirt with blue beanie.

After the video was over Kakeru immediately said," But none of their faces were visible. How can you say that they were my clients?"

Hiroki," But they were wearing exactly the same clothes on that day."

Kakeru," It can be a pure coincidence. My lord, this is not an evidence."

Judge said to Hiroki," Indeed none of their faces are visible. This can't be used as an evidence just because they were wearing same clothes, plaintiff."

Hiroki," Defendant and my lord, you are completely correct. But this is the new evidence we have found. So I request the court to grant me four days to investigate on this video tape."

Kakeru," I object."

Judge," Why?"

Kakeru was being forceful," My lord, even though this is new evidence but I have already proved my clients innocent. Why does plaintiff needs four days? This case should be closed today only."

Judge thought for a while," Even if Kisame Akio, Haru Kamazura, Ningning Shirahane and Nabuki Shirahane had already been proven innocent, this new evidence can't be ignored. No matter what we say, this coincidence seems to be too much for a coincidence. That's why, I provide plaintiff with two days and police to look into this evidence. The second trail will continue on x date i.e. two days from now. The court is dismissed."

Everyone stood up and plaintiff and defendant bowed their head.

Hiroki sat back on his chair and was thinking about something when Akane and Anzu arrived near him.

Akane said," The judge has provided only two days. That's too less. How will you manage?"

Hiroki reassured," Don't worry. I will find a way."

Anzu asked," You believe in us? That those people have raped and murdered my sister?"

Hiroki answered honestly," No I don't. I haven't found any strong evidences against them yet to declare them criminals. I just can't believe in your gut feelings and that video. I need to find more evidences."

Anzu said," And, what if they aren't the one who did this?"

Hiroki smiled slightly," Accept our defeat and apologise to them. And then find the real murderer."

Anzu's eyes redened. She nodded.

Hiroki said," Take care of yourself. Those people are really dangerous. You need to be careful. I will take my leave first."

Just as he exited court room, someone called him, "Hiroki Kamazura."