Chapter 73 - Is he Okay?

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Mikarin got extremely startled by this high-pitched scream. She looked at Ai who was looking at her with red eyes which were almost on the verge of crying. 

Everyone was so surprised by this scream that they came down to see what was happening. Ai immediately ran towards Mirai and started crying. She asked Mikarin," What happened?!"

Mikarin hesitated," Nothing. I guess she saw a bug or something."

Mirai and Hakuto looked at her sceptically but believed in her. Of course, Mikarin or Hiroki would not hurt her for her to scream like this. They started coaxing Ai and everyone started leaving. Slowly, almost everyone was gone except Mikarin, Kirihitho and Hiroki who was still sitting in his spot looking blank.

Mikarin said to Kirihitho," I am going to bed. Good night."

He nodded in response and looked at Hiroki.

He walked near him and asked," What's wrong?"

No response.

Kirihitho asked with concern," Hey, everything's okay?"

Hiroki slowly got up and said without looking in his eyes," Now, it became more clear that why I am running from my problems. Because I don't have any. Everyone around me does except me. After all, they have to deal with a person, no a leech like me."

He left after saying this, leaving a stunned Kirihitho behind. He tried to run up to Hiroki and ask what was wrong and that he definitely wasn't a leech but didn't know how to. He looked at Hiroki's slumped, descending back and frowned deeply.

 'Mikarin did something again. Damn it!'

The next day, Mirai was working in kitchen when a sleepy Haru came downstairs. She asked her mother," Ma, where is brother? Hiroki, I mean."

She stopped what she was doing and said faintly," He left."

Her sleepiness vanished within seconds and said with shock,"Huh?! What do you mean he left? What-what happened?"

Mirai sighed," He was feeling sick. That's why."

Haru frowned," Suddenly? He was totally fine until yesterday though!"

Mirai," I know."

Haru said with frustration," Come on, mom. Something must have happened. He wouldn't leave like this. Did anyone say anything to him?"

"Haru, this isn't the time to say this. Others are here."

"I know. But-but after so long we were all together. Why did he have to leave?"

Hiroki sat in the back of the car, looking outside. His eyes were swollen red and teary. Mia who was driving and only other person present in the car asked him," Sir, you okay?"

He croaked out," Yeah."

"You don't seem to be."

Suddenly, a water droplet landed on his hand. He looked up and realised he was crying again. He wasn't able to stop tears pouring out if his eyes. He rubbed his eyes frequently but nothing seemed to work. Mikarin said worriedly," Sir, did something happen? Please don't rub your eyes like that. Let it out. Don't hold back."

Hiroki leaned forward and cried for some more time before abruptly sitting up and looking blank. He asked with hoarse voice," What have I done so wrong?"

Mikarin frowned," Huh?"

He then suddenly started laughing like a maniac and said to Mia," Maybe if this car gets out of control and we fall in this deep valley, we will definitely die. Should we give it a try? Hahahahahahahaha"

Mia said with urgency," Sir, you are scaring me! Please stop!"

He said with amusement," Oh! Am I? I am glad!"

Mia couldn't believe her eyes and ears. Why was her sweet and quiet Sir behaving like a psychopath? She looked at the back seat again and saw Hiroki fell asleep. No! He wasn't asleep. She abruptly stopped the car, got out and ran towards the side where Hiroki was sitting. She opened the door and lightly slapped Hiroki, whose head was slumped down. His body temperature was really high. 

Mia, for the first time in her life, panicked. She speeded the car and reached the hospital within two hours. All this time, Hiroki didn't wake up. His head was still slumped. Mia was panicking more and more every passing minute. She even forgot to contact Hakuto.

After they reached the hospital, Noman immediately conducted some tests and asked Mia some questions for which every answer was I don't know. He sighed in frustration but didn't ask any more questions. After one hour, results came. Noman stood in front of a panicked Mia while reading the results with a frown.

She asked impatiently," What's wrong? Is it something serious?"

"No. Everything is normal. The most convincing answer for why he fainted will be extreme stress and fever. But, what triggered him like this? Is this the first time?"

Mia was bitting her nails," Yeah. I have never seen him like this. Not even his family. Also, when we were coming back, he behaved like a psychopath. Completely opposite to his personality. And then he suddenly passed out."

Noman's frowned deepened. He asked seriously," Was it also the first time you saw him like that?"

Mia nodded.

Noman," Can anyone tell me more about this? Like his friends or colleagues?"

She thought for a while and replied," There is someone. I will contact her."

Mikasa came near Hiroki's room in a hurry. She saw Mia and asked her immediately," What happened? Is he okay?"

Noman came from behind and answered in her stead," He is fine. I just wanted to ask you few questions."

"What?"

Noman told her everything. As she went on listening, anger became more and more visible on her face. After he finished speaking, the first thing she did was curse Kamazura's.

Mikasa gritted her teeth," Those f**kers! It's all because of them! Those damn Kamazura's!"

Mia got defensive," Everything isn't Kamazura's fault!"

Mikasa laughed in disbelief," Oh, is that so. Then tell me, why is Hiroki again in a damn hospital. Huh? This is his third time since he got associated with those Kamazura's!"

Noman interrupted their argument," This isn't the place for you to fight. Just answer my question. Have you ever seen him behaving like this?"

Mikasa sighed," Yeah. After the first attack, when the doctor told him about the heart transplant and how severe his endocarditis was. He behaved like a complete psychopath for at least three days and then returned back to his normal state. But the most shocking part of this was he didn't remember a single thing from those three days. He had no idea what happened in those three days at all."

Noman's face paled when he heard this. He asked," You didn't tell this to any doctor? Did you even consult therapist?"

Mikasa shook her head," No. At that time, I wanted him to see the therapist but he was in such a state of mind that even if someone was trying to help him, he thought that they were harming him or declaring him crazy. He didn't believe in anyone at that time except Dr.Lee. After all this time, I completely forgot about it as I never saw him behaving like that again and just remembered it now."

Noman looked at Mia and said," Call his family."