Bucky x F!Reader: Surprises

This was a request by a fan, Cori! I hope you enjoy this!! This also takes place in 1953. o.o

The year was 1949 and Y/n and Bucky were celebrating their first anniversary. Y/n knew that she couldn't go too over the top for their anniversary. Bucky was always a very practical man and wasn't a big fan of expensive and dramatic things. So she decided to just make it sweet and simple. 

Besides, Bucky was going to go into the army with his friend Steve pretty soon. So she really wanted to make these little moments and these big milestones as perfect and special as she could.

Bucky was sitting at home with a book in his hand. While he was reading, Y/n entered the house and she came over to push the book out of his face. "Hey, Bucky!" "Hey, doll." She blushed at the little nickname. But she kept her smile strong and grabbed his hand to pull him off the couch. "I have a surprise for you!" "Oh, doll. You didn't have to get me anything." "Yes, I did. Besides, this is for BOTH of us."

Y/n told Bucky that she had to get ready for the surprise. She put on some natural lipstick and put on some mascara and eyeliner. The makeup and her h/l hair framed her face well. She then changed into a pretty pink poodle skirt with a black, spotted rim. She also put on a black and white plaid shirt with a small black scarf.

When she exited her room, she saw Bucky on the couch, reading once more. She announced her presence to Bucky by sneaking up behind him, pecking the top of his head. He smiled. She walked around, in front of Bucky. She coyly took the bookmark he had on the table and placed it on the page he was on. He took the hint and closed the book, putting it down, and stood up.

Bucky looked her up and down, causing Y/n to smirk. "You like what you see?" "I do, doll." Y/n snorted. But as much as she wanted to stay here and stare into Bucky's gorgeous eyes, she knew that she needed to show him this surprise.

Y/n and Bucky walked down the street into the nearby park. It was a very big park, as well. It had a lot of open areas, with a small path to walk down. But one of the most amazing parts of the park... was the gazebo. It was white and pink, and a lot of people loved to propose there.

But, there was a small table with two chairs, and a small meal set up in the gazebo. The couple approached the gazebo and Bucky had the sweetest smile on his sweet lips. He stood there for a moment as Y/n had already sat down. She noticed him, standing there in awe. She giggled. 

"Well, sit down!" He snapped out of his daze and huffed out an airy laugh as he sat down. Y/n and Bucky then just... started talking. Even though they had been together for a year, they still never ran out of things to talk about. 

But Bucky had a surprise up his sleeve himself. He was known to not be very over-the-top, but he thought he could make an exception for the love of his life. He waited for a moment of small and short silence to bring up his surprise.

"I actually have a surprise for you, doll." "Hm? What? I wasn't expecting you to be giving ME something." You said with a  small laugh. He chuckled himself. He then stood from his seat and grabbed Y/n's hand. He guided her down back to their home. When they got close, he covered Y/n's eyes. She giggled and he eventually pulled her to a stop.

When he said for her to open her eyes, she had the most perfect expression.

The surprise was the one thing she had wanted almost as badly as her boyfriend. The car of her dreams, which was the Hudson Hornet!!! That car had LITERALLY JUST BEEN RELEASED and she had been DESPERATE to get it, but sadly she couldn't. To think that Bucky had actually gone out of his way to get Y/n the one thing she had dreamed of!?

She felt like screaming or crying out of joy, but all she could force out was syllables and not words.

He laughed a little at her response to the situation. Y/n ran into his arms and squeezed him so tightly he thought his back and/or her arms would break. But he hugged her back.

To say they had a great one-year anniversary was an understatement by far. While it was going to be hard to say goodbye to these little moments and big milestones once Bucky went into the army, he knew they would still be together. No matter what.

The END!

Me: I really had struggled with this one, but once I started getting into a flow with writing this, I honestly couldn't stop lol

Bucky: Grace isn't really taking any other requests right now. She has been really struggling with work and is looking for a new one. Thank you all for understanding. :)

Me: Thanks Bucky! <3