Rocket x Reader: Pathetic Human

You and Rocket had gotten into another fight. Rocket had almost gotten shot because he didn't listen to Quill. You obviously brought this up when you guys got onto the ship and he got angry. When you both started getting angry, things were said and you both started throwing things at each other.

You and Rocket screamed at each other. Gamora holding you back and Groot holding Rocket back as you both screamed awful names at each other. "Rocket! None of this would've have happened had you just shut up and do what you're told!!" You yelled. Your voice was going raw." "Oh yeah!? Well, at least I'm not a pathetic human who only ever bitches about everything! I hate you!" He held his ground, even when you went silent. But the second he saw a tear trail down your face, he softened. "I-I didn't..." "Save it.." Gamora's grip loosened and you went for the exit, but before you left the room, you said without turning, "I am pathetic. Pathetic for loving you." You then bolted to your room and locked it.

Rocket remained frozen for a few seconds before he realized just what he had done. "I love you too..." He whispered. "I am Groot." "Groot's right Rocket. You need to go to her." "I can't. I can't after what I just said." "I am Groot." "Yes! Of course, I love her!" "Then what are you waiting for?" Quill said as he walked in. "If you wanna make her forgive you, you gotta fix this and fast." Rocket didn't need to be told twice and ran off to your room.

When he got to your door, he noticed your door was locked. "Y/n... please open the door." "Get outta here!" "Y/n, I'm not leaving until we talk." "Why should I!? So you can keep calling me a pathetic human!?!?!" "Y/n, you and I BOTH know I'm not that mean. Besides, I can pick the lock." Silence fell and right when he was about to pick it, the doorknob turned and you walked back over to the bed. Rocket cracked the door open and felt his heartache when he saw your face. You had puffy eyes and you had tears trailing down your face and off of your chin.

He slowly approached you, expecting you to tell him to get away or to just leave in general. But when you didn't, he took that as a sign that you wanted to be with him at that moment, and he was going to be with you, whether you liked it or not. He climbed onto your bed and snuggled up to your side. "I am so sorry Y/n. I don't hate you. I hate that I love you. I hate it because I know we can never be together." "But why do you think that?" "We're different. You should be with someone who can give you everything a girl wants. Marriage and kids. I can't give you those things." "Rocket.." You sat up and grabbed him, placing him in your lap. "I'll prove to you how much I love you." He chuckled sadly. "How?"

"We're far apart, in every way

but you're the best part of my day.

And sure as I breathe the air, I know we're the perfect pair.

On a prickly path that goes on for miles, but it's worth

it just to see you smile. And I cannot be pulled apart from the

hold you have on my heart, and even if the world tells us it's wrong,

You're in my head like a catchy song."

"Wow Y/n... you're voice is amazing." Rocket said with tears in his eyes.

"Seasons change, and leaves may fall. But I'll be with you through them all.

and rain or shine, you'll always be mine.

On a prickly path that goes on for miles, you're the only one who makes it all worthwhile.

And you should not, blame me too... if I can't help but fall in love with you."

You finished the song and looked down at Rocket. He was falling asleep and you giggled. You kissed his head and said quietly, "Good night Rocket. I love you, so much." "I love you too. I love you too..." He said, tired and he fell asleep on top of you.

The end...

Me: I think this one turned out great! The ending was fun and I actually was inspired to do this from the My Little Pony Song.

Rocket: Yeah well... next up is Bucky. But I'll be sure to get his arm by then!"

Reader: Come on Rocky, can't you just cuddle with me?

Rocket: Fine, I'll do both.

Me: Hope you guys enjoyed and Bucky is the next one planned! Hope y'all are ready!