Rocket x Overworked!GN!Reader

Rocket had been working on yet another bomb, when he suddenly noticed that you were nowhere to be seen for the past 48 hours... Didn't seem like a good sign. So, he decided he would put a pin in the bomb-building for now.

He got up from his spot on the floor, making sure the bomb was locked up somewhere safe so that Groot wouldn't get to it.

When he got to your door, he saw it was open a small crack. He peeked through the gap and saw you sitting at your computer with your head down on the desk. He initially thought that you were sleeping. However, when he saw that your breathing was rapid and irregular, he thought that you were crying.

Rocket felt a little bit awkward to be standing in your doorway while you were crying. He wasn't really known to be good with emotions or... helping someone understand those emotions when he didn't even have a clue as to how to do that himself.

But he knew he couldn't just let you be. Not when you were in such a state. He, instead, slowly opened the door and cautiously approached you.

You had just been working on trying to learn some information about the next job with Zandar. They had given you the task to try and figure out the security and other threats that are on the Guardians next assignment with Zandar.

But you had been doing that for GOD knows how many hours. At this point, you had a splitting migraine that you think that your head was actually going to explode.

While you were struggling to keep yourself together, you felt a small hand, or... paw touch your arm.

You were startled and grabbed the offending touch, ready to fight.

"Woah! Woah! Y/n, it's me." Rocket said, holding his other paw up in a motion of peace. You blinked, confused as to why he was in your room. You let him go and leaned back in your chair, trying to take some deep breaths to calm your racing heart and steady your shaky hands.

"Sorry, Rocket... What's wrong?"

"I was kinda hoping you'd tell me. I saw ya and thought you were crying." Rocket then turned his gaze to your computer screen.

"How long have you been staring at this screen, Y/n?" He asked, genuinely concerned.

"U-uh..." You tried to think of when you started taking apart of the security measures that the latest mission had, but your mind was so full of all the information you had been studying for so long that you mind had done the unthinkable.

It went completely blank.

You sighed loudly, but with a distinct shake.

"I...I lost track."

Rocket sighed a little himself. He wasn't surprised though. You were always the type to try and carry the burden of others on your shoulders.

"Hang on, I'll be right back." He said, excusing himself in the most polite way he could manage.

Rocket then went to his room, grabbing a couple things before heading back to your room.

When he got back, he saw you were back to typing away on your computer.

"No, no, no Y/n...! You aren't doing any more work for the rest of the night."

"But ROCKET~~~!" You whined.

"No buts. You've been sitting at that dumb desk for who knows how long. You're taking a break."

"But I don't WANNA!"

"Don't lie to me. Ya gotta take a break. Now, get over here and we can watch some dumb movies. 'K?" He said, patting the spot on the bed next to him for you come over. He had set up your DVD player and had a bunch of snacks he stashed away where Groot or Drax could never find them.

You sighed again, relenting to his firm but gentle demands. It was true that you were lying when you were saying you didn't want to take a break. So you got up from your uncomfortable desk and went over to Rocket.

When the movie started, you decided to pull a funny move and grabbed Rocket from his spot next to you, sitting him in your lap.

"Y/n!? What the hell?"

"Oh hush, don't lie to me and say you don't like it." You said, throwing his words back at him.

He eventually gave up and just went along with cuddling with you. Right when the first scene was coming to a close, you heard your laptop ding with a notification from the Zandarian team.

As if he read your mind, Rocket spoke to stop you from up and leaving him.

"Y/n, if you go over to that damn computer, I will blow it up."

The End!!!

Me: This was a bit of an angsty warmup exercise. The next Rocket x Reader will be a bit more hardcore. So be on the lookout!

Rocket: Grace is not taking any requests right now so DON'T ASK!

Me: Thank you Rocky.

Rocket: *grumbles* It's bad enough that Marv doesn't stop calling me that...

Me: ^U^