Bucky x Reader: Till Death Do Us Part [Ending 1]

Keep in mind that this story involves death and suicide. So it is important to note that this has a bad ending. The good ending to this story will be posted separately. So be ready to cry. Grab the tissues and ice cream!! BTW, wuv u kIttyrosek3

Bucky stormed down the hallways of The Avengers Tower, nervous and blushing. He was nervous because he was teased by Stark to ask you out. Bucky looked around and saw he was standing right in front of your room. He sighed. He must've walked down to your room by instinct. He slowly walked up to the door and RIGHT when he was about to knock, you busted out and bumped into him. He caught you by the waist right before you hit the floor and you both were in a rather... awkward spot. "Uh, hi Bucky." "H-hi." He lifted you back up on your feet and you both stood in silence for a moment. "S-so, did you need something?" "Hm?" "I mean.. you were at my door and I assumed you needed something." You cursed yourself for your awkward behavior.

"I... I um... I was wanting to ask you a question." It was so bizarre to Bucky that he had been in wars and battles, and had gone through all sorts of crazy events in his life. Yet here he is, a stuttering mess. All because of you. He honestly wouldn't have it any other way though. "I wanted to ask if you... would like to go on a date with me." Your faces busted out into flames and you smiled widely. "Yes! I'd love to!" Before he could utter out a response, the intercom beeped and Nick spoke. "Y/n L/n and Bucky Barnes, come to retrieve your missions." You both looked back at each other. You giggled and grabbed his metal hand, leading him to the meeting room.

When you both got there, you saw Nick at his table and he had two files in front of him. "I hate to cut your break short, but we need you both to head out to scope a HYDRA camp. They are planning an attack on us. We need you both to head out tonight." You both looked at each other, skeptical. "Alright." You both said at the same time. You both took your files and left the room. When you both left, you smiled and said. "So, I guess this will be our first date, huh?" "I guess so." He said back. You smiled and excused yourself to get ready for the mission.

~Timeskip~

When you both got to the HYDRA camp, you felt the nervousness seep into your body, all the way down to your bones. A little scared, you grabbed Bucky's arm and took a few deep breaths. "It's going to be okay, Y/n. We're just scoping." "Yeah, I know but... I just don't want you to get hurt is all." He blushed deeply as he held you close. You both kept a close eye on the HYDRA agents. Suddenly, you saw that they were carrying a bomb into the building. Panic filled you both, you had to act quickly. There wasn't any time to call Nick and report. God knows how soon that bomb will blow up. You both looked to each other and nodded.

You grabbed your weapons and ran towards the camp. When you got in, you both shot and blazed your way into the room with the bomb. You both shot at the guards and when you both got to the bomb, you were defusing it, when Bucky was shot... You looked over and screamed bloody murder. The bomb was shut off and you shot the guard over and over again. Tears streamed down your face. You grabbed Bucky bridal style and ran as fast as you could out of the building. When you were back at the getaway vehicle, you both gasped for air. Bucky was coughing up blood and your lungs screamed for air. But your heart had cried and you begged Bucky to stick with you.

You called Tony to come and get you and you said Bucky was shot. Tony said he was on his way. You turned back to Bucky and he had tears streaming down his face. "Bucky... please stay with me. I can't lose you. I can't! I love you too much!!!" He looked into your eyes and with every ounce of his strength, pulled you down to kiss him. You responded. But you noticed his breathing slowing. "No!!! No no no no no! Please Bucky, don't leave me alone... please..." The last thing he uttered... "I love you Y/n, so much..." His eyes closed and his last breath was made. A small smile still on his face.

Tears poured down and you screamed. Tony heard it and headed over. You cried into his chest. "He's dead. He's dead and it's all my fault! Why couldn't it have been me!!?!?" Tony rubbed your back soothingly. It was all he could think to do.

~A week later~

You didn't go to Bucky's funeral. You couldn't bear to hear everyone pity you. You didn't wanna see everyone's sad faces as they pitied you. You laid in bed all day and night. Refusing to eat or drink or even shower. You were thinner and your eyes that once shined with life and positivity were lifeless and dead. You only ever spoke to Steve. He told you that Bucky wouldn't want you to grieve this much. He said you hadn't asked for it to happen. He said how it would've torn Bucky apart had it been you. But one night, you need what you needed to do. You needed to see him. You grabbed your speaker, phone, and something very important. You then left to go see his grave.

When you got there, you saw his name played out as clear as day. Underneath it said, "Beloved friend, and companion." Hundreds of flowers were placed under his large tombstone. You sat in front of it all and said in a hoarse voice. "Hi sweetheart, I came here... to see you... I wanted to sing a song for you..." You turned on your speaker and began playing Sally's Song.

"I sense there's something in the wind
That feels like tragedy's at hand
And though I'd like to stand by him
Can't shake this feeling that I have
The worst is just around the bend

And does he notice, my feelings for him?
And will he see, how much he means to me?
I think it's not to be...

What will become of my dear friend?
Where will his actions lead us then?
Although I'd like to join the crowd
In their enthusiastic cloud
Try as I may it doesn't last

And will we ever, end up together?
Oh...
And will we ever
End up together?
No, I think not, it's never to become
For I am not... the one"

When you were done, you took the one last thing that you needed. Poison. You held the tiny but deadly bottle. You cried loudly as you utter your final words, before downing the bottle. "I love you Bucky, so much....." You then drank every drop of the poison and felt your breaths slow. You then went limp and kissed the world goodbye...

Bad Ending...

I know this story was super dark, and I normally don't write major character deaths. But this was so sad I won't lie, I almost cried. I listened to Sally's Song as I wrote this, and the way that Romeo had killed himself when he thought Juliet had died was what gave me the idea of how the reader dies. Do not fear my friends! I will be writing the good ending asap since I feel as though I am in the mood to create again! I am so proud as I wrote the majority of this in around an hour or two. I hope you guys are excited about the good ending!!! <3