Bucky x Reader: My Soulmate

A small part of my wanted to do the soulmate aus where you don't see color or stuff like that, but this idea came out of nowhere and I just HAD to do it. I'll go ahead and stop rambling and get started. Someone else did request a Dead Bucky x Dead Reader, so brace yourself for that when it comes.

As you walked down to the diner, you couldn't help but think of the coin flip chance that this could work. Your friend, Tony Stark was setting you up on yet another blind date. As of late, you had been venting to him about not finding your soulmate yet, and he has. Allow me to explain. When a child is born, they are born with a pair of wings that will only ever be visible to their soulmate. Your wings were black and red, and you and your soulmate were the only ones to see them.

As you stepped into the diner, you scanned the booths. You felt your heart sink as you could not see anyone's wings. But suddenly, you felt a cool metal touch on your shoulder. You groaned and turned around. "Stark, I told you that this was..." You looked at the man behind you, and nearly had a heart attack. Not because he had a metal arm. Not because he was an avenger. But because you saw them. He had wings, the exact color as you. "Are you...?" You asked. He smiled and quickly wrapped his arms around you. You were a little shocked, but quickly recovered from the shock and hugged him back.

"I can't believe you're here in front of me." You said as you both ate. After the hug, you both quickly went to a booth and ordered your food. Bucky chuckled. "Do you mean in a soul mate way or in an avenger?" "Both! Out of every soul mate I could've gotten, I got you! It's amazing!" Bucky looked at you with a sad smile. "Are you sure you don't find me creepy and what not?" "Bucky, if I could describe how epic it is to be your soulmate, I would. All sorts of girls would kill to date you, and I got you to myself! You get to save the world and stuff, while all I do is write books!" Bucky laughed. The food arrived and you both began to chow down.

"So, what do you write?" You looked up at Bucky and tried to swallow the food and the lump in your throat. "I uh... I may or may not write romance novels. MOSTLY supernatural romance." Bucky chuckled and you blushed a deep scarlet. "Why would you find that embarrassing?" "B-because all men find it dumb with a capital B!" "I don't. I may not look like it, but I can be a romantic." Now it was your turn to laugh. "You?! A romantic?" "Yeah, I can be!" "Prove it." Bucky sighed and laid some money down on the table, before grabbing your hand and leading you outside. You both walked in a strange silence, when suddenly Stark appeared in his iron man suit. "Stark, do you have it?" "You bet man!" He held out his hand and gave him something you could not see. Stark then turned around and fired a firework into the sky. The words said "Will you marry me?" You gasped and turned to Bucky.

"I know this is sudden. I know we only just met. But I want to get to know you as a person. I don't want you just because you're my soulmate. You seem to be the most graceful and beautiful woman ever. Please, Y/n... give me the honor to call you my wife." You cried and kissed him suddenly. You only broke from the kiss once to say the simple word. "Yes." Then, all of the avengers came out with sparklers. They cheered and smiled for you both, and meanwhile you and Bucky were kissing each other passionately. You both slowly broke apart and you turned the avengers. "Here's to a new life! Together!" "Together!" They all yelled in unison. You certainly could not ask for a better soul mate.

The End~!

Me: I hope I didn't go too ooc for Bucky. I honestly have trouble writing him because I have to research to write him.

Bucky: What do you mean 'research'?

Me: Looking up videos of you, and reading other peoples fanfics of you.

Reader: You did great! It was so sweet of Bucky to propose like that.

Me: Yes, my idea was that the avengers were holding back that little surprise until Bucky found his soulmate.

Bucky: Well! Either way, we've got yet another piece of me coming out soon. It was a request and I'll be sure to shout them out. Keep it mind that it will have two versions. One bad ending and one good ending. Keep an eye out!

Me and reader: We love you Bucky!!!!