Tony Stark x Reader: Shyness

Big shoutout to cocothewolf! He requested a Tony Stark x Reader and I was happy to oblige! Hope you and everyone else enjoys this story. <3

Tony was busy tinkering with another Iron Man suit, when a knock broke him out of his work trance. "J.A.R.V.I.S, open the door." "Yes sir." The A.I responded, and the doors opened to reveal Pepper with a woman. That woman was you. You both stepped inside and you both began walking towards Tony. As you took each step towards him, you felt your heart race more and more. Today was the start of your new job as Tony Stark's brand new assistant. Since him and Pepper broke it off, the job for assistant was up for grabs, and you were the first to snag an interview. Tony's back was facing you as he was tinkering with a screen in front of a small row of Iron Man Suits. He then turned around and saw you there with Pepper. "Hello~. You that girl who wanted the assistant job?" He said as he pointed to you. "Y-yes sir, I am Y/n L/n." You then extended your hand to him, expecting him to shake it. Instead, he took your hand and kissed you on your knuckles. Your face went to a 1000 degrees within seconds, and Tony saw that. He chuckled and looked to Pepper. "I think she'll be perfect for the job." He then looked to you and smirked. "Congrats, you get to work for me and my awesome self." You giggled at his comment and Pepper congratulated you. She then left the lab to go take care of a few last things. 

You cleared your throat and spoke in a quiet tone. "S-so, sir... is there anything you'd like me to do?" "Yeah, me." He joked, and you blushed again. You then looked over at some blueprints for an improved arc-reactor, and you noticed some of the calculations were off. You looked up at Tony and saw him working on a tablet. You took a deep breath. "Um, sir? I noticed that-" "-Oh you don't have to call me sir. Just call me Tony." He says as he looked over at you with a smile. "Okay, Tony." You said timidly. "I noticed some of the calculations on this new arc-reactor are a little wrong." He looked back up at you with shock in his eyes. You probably would've giggled at his face, yet you thought that you had said something wrong. "I-I'm not trying to be rude, I just thought you could maybe use some help..." You said as you looked off to the side. Tony chuckled and walked over to you. "I hadn't figured you a geeky type. Guess for once I was wrong." He said more to himself than to you. "R-really? What t-type did you think I was?" "I figured that was obvious. I thought you were just the quiet type that has a hard time talking to people." "Well, it's because I have social anxiety... so that basically means I hate myself, and think everybody hates me too.." You said meekly.

You never really told a boss or coworker about your anxiety, so it felt weird to let the one and only Tony Stark know about it. Like many other people, you felt too nervous to tell others about your problems, mainly because you figured no one would care. "Aww, I don't think that's true. Why would you hate yourself?" He said as he lifted your chin up for you to look at him. You blushed madly and Tony just smirked. "See? That's what I'm talking about! You look so cute when you blush!" You cleared your throat and looked at the blueprints again. You took a pencil and began correcting some of the mistakes made, when Tony wrapped his arms around your waist and rested his head on your shoulder. You felt your heart race and your face flush again. Tony chuckled at how you were as stiff as a statue. He turned you around your landed into his chest. You could feel the coolness of his arc-reactor against your ear. You slowly looked up at him and he had that trademarked smile on his face. "Y/n, relax. I'm not gonna kill you." You didn't know what to say, so you simply just nodded. He chuckled and let you go. "How about you get us some coffee? I could use a break anyway." He said as he winked at you.

~Timeskip~

It has been over a month since you started working for Tony, and things have been pretty interesting. Tony would constantly touch and flirt with you when you least expected it. Normally, with any other guy, you would've told them to stop at this point, but this was Tony after all. He would love to do that just to get a reaction out of you, and besides... you honestly kind of liked the attention he was giving you. Most of the time, guys would NEVER approach you like this, and they never cared enough to help you with your anxiety. But Tony was surprisingly different. You weren't sure quite how to describe it, but he was bold and yet gentle with you all the time. He would do his best to get you to be more social and he would always try to tell you at least once a day how cute you are or something along those lines. The only thing stopping you from asking him out on a date, was your fear that he was only doing all of this to get you in bed. You were worried he didn't care about getting to know you as a person and just wanted to sleep with you and dispose of you like a tissue. The mere thought made you feel like crying out of every pore, but you always held yourself strong and such to keep him from suspecting anything.

You were walking towards the lab with two cups of coffee, one for you and one for Tony, as per your traditional coffee meeting. You two always got coffee together and would simply just talk about random things until it was time to head back to work. You walked into the lab and saw Tony there, working as usual. You cleared your throat to get his attention, and he looked up and smiled to you. "Hey Y/n! Ya ready for break?" For some reason, your throat closed up and you just nodded. Tony just thought you being your normal quiet self, so he grabbed his coffee out of your hand and you both walked over to the break room on that floor. Once you both got there, you took your normal seats at a small booth and Tony began babbling about his work and what he was doing for that particular day. You found it really hard to pay attention, but you tried your best. At one point, you were just staring off into space with a sad look on your face.

Tony noticed this and he said your name. "Y/n?" You didn't hear him. "Y/n." "Nothing yet. "Y/n!" He yelled out, and you jumped up in your seat. When you jumped, your coffee split all over Tony's shirt. Luckily, it dodged the arc-reactor, so he was fine. You gasped and quickly grabbed some tissues and began wiping down Tony's shirt while frantically apologizing over and over again. He grabbed your hands in an effort to make you stop, and it worked. You looked up at him with glossy eyes and he had a genuine look of concern on his face. "Y/n, what is wrong?" You remained silent for a few seconds, before looking away. "Sir? I-I mean, Tony? Do you really flirt with me because you like me, or is it because you just want to get me into your bed?" You said with little to no emotion in your voice. Tony was certainly taken aback by this question, but then again, it made sense to him on WHY you were skeptical. He was always flirting with many different women, and you thought you were just a number to him. Not a person. He grabbed your chin and made you look up at him. "Y/n, I love you. I love everything about you. I love your cute face when you blush, I love your quirks and how you overthink things. I love how you know and understand my work more than everyone else. You aren't just another girl to me. Those girls always throw themselves at me, but you? You're different. You treat me like a person and not like a celebrity. That's why I do the things I do, because I love you."

You, in a bold movement, shoved your lips into his and kissed him with all of the passion in your heart. Tony soon relaxed and rested his hands on your waist and you both kissed for what felt like forever.  And guess what? Neither of you cared one bit. It all... was perfect.

The End~!

Tony: That was cute. be sure to make a request if y'all wanna see more like this!

Reader: >.<

Me: I'm so proud of this one so I hope you all enjoyed! Luv you guys! <3