Rocket x !Fox Reader: Poems and cuddles

I got several requests for another Rocket x reader, and one for a Rocket x Fox reader, so we're doing all of them! This idea popped into my head a while ago, and only now have I gotten around to making it. :3

===============================================================

You scribbled the words down onto the paper, writing the poem away with all of your heart and soul.

'The little Rocket who held my heart his pocket. His smart wits and bits, make me smile wider than like the beautiful sun setting over a beautiful city. When I'm in a pity, he will always pick me back up. This little Rocket... completes me.'

When you looked at the poem, you looked at it with pride. It was rare for you to enjoy your own work, but you felt that this poem was perfect. You stretched your arms out, over your head. You attempted to stifle a yawn, but failed. You knew you guys wouldn't be at Xandar for another day or so, and you had been so tired, you figured a small nap wouldn't cause any sort of harm. You laid down in your bed and pulled the covers over you, and fell asleep.

~Timeskip~

Quill knocked on your door, whispering: "Y/n! Y/n!" Annoyed, he opened the door and saw you curled up in a small ball, your tail wagging as you napped. Quill let out a small and quiet, "Aw." Before noticing you left the lamp on. He went to turn it off, but as he was reaching for the switch, he saw your paper on the desk. He looked at the paper, then at you, then back at the paper again. He shrugged and picked it up, reading it. As he read your poem, his smile grew wider and wider, before he bursted of laughter. 

While he was laughing, you were woken up by his loud cackles. You looked up from your bed and was mortified to see Quill laughing and holding your poem. You quickly scampered out of bed and went to retrieve the poem, but he quickly reached above your heads. You attempted climbing his body up to his arms, but his strength dwindled you. "Quill! Give that back!!" "Why not give that to Rocket!? He would SOOOO love it!" "N-no! If I did, he'd just laugh at me like you are, now GIVE IT BACK!!!" You thanked God up in heaven that Quill didn't see the growing flames on your face. You knew that if your fur wasn't there, he would tease you endlessly on your blushing.

Suddenly, before either of you could speak, Rocket came into the room yelling out, "What the HELL are you two yelling at?!" You and Quill looked at each other, when Quill's mouth formed a tight line. He walked over to Rocket and handed him the poem. "QUILL!?!?!" You screamed, but he ignored you and said to Rocket, "Read it and weep." Quill then left the room and Rocket read the paper as you had a mortified expression all over your face. You looked down in shame as the love of your life was reading a love poem about himself. Rocket chuckled lightly as he finished it. You looked up and had watered eyes. "I knew you'd laugh at me. I'm sorry... I know it's weird, but... it's all true."

Rocket just smiled again and walked over to you. He grabbed your paw and looked at you with genuine love and compassion. 'That's a first.'   You thought to yourself. But you just smiled back and Rocket spoke. "I guess I might as well say it: I really do like ya, Y/n. More than a friend. I never thought I'd find ANYONE even remotely like me. So knowing that you accept me just as I am, it's really great." You smiled wider and leaned forward, pressing your lips to Rocket's. He stiffened for a second, but that same feeling was there again. When he made Yondu smile, the same warm feeling was spreading through his body and into his heart. He didn't know what else to do, so he relied on his instincts. He kissed back.

Eventually, air was needed and you both pulled apart. "Mind if I keep this?" He said softly. You giggled and hugged him, "Of course." The next few hours were just of you both cuddling and petting each other. You could certainly say you loved him, and you couldn't wait for your next poem.

The End~!

Rocket: Why'd ya choose a fox again?

Me: Because I thought it made the most sense! You said there wasn't anything like you except you! So I wanted to play with that idea.

Rocket: Are ya SURE it ain't cause you were ASKED to do it?

Me: .... maybe.

Rocket: *sighs* If ya'll wanna story done, ask Grace here and she'll do it.

Me: I wuv u Rocky. *kisses his cheek*

Rocket: ugh...

Me: >U<