Peter Quill x Reader: Surprise!

I remember at one point I promised a Peter Quill x reader, and in my notebook of ideas, I have a Quill x reader, and I thought it was about time I wrote it out. Hope ya'll enjoy!! :S

===========================================================================

The alarm clock blared loudly, rudely interrupting your restful slumber. You struggled to turn it off, reaching out and only hitting the table and NOT the off button. You were the one and only Star-lord's girlfriend. You both had met each other in Prison, and he offered to help you out of jail when you both met. You agreed, and you and the whole team ended up becoming the feared Guardians of the Galaxy. Soon after, you had been asked out by Quill. To say you were surprised was an understatement.  The main reason was because you had assumed him and Gamora were an item, so you were a little taken aback. But then again, he WAS immensely cute. So you agreed to go out with him... and the rest is history.

Anyway, you finally managed to shut off your alarm clock, and right on cue, Quill grabbed you and gave you a kiss on your ear. "Good morning, birthday girl." He said in a husky voice. You giggled and cuddled closer to Quill. "Good morning." After a few seconds, you spoke. "You know we have to get up, right?" He let out a small whine. "I don't wanna, can't we just cuddle for your birthday." "Later, Pete. Later." You then wiggled out of his grasp. You both got dressed and brushed your hair. As you putting on makeup, Quill came up behind you and wrapped his arms around your waist. "Do ya think you can do me a favor?" "What is it?" You said as you applied some lipstick. "Can you stay in here until I tell you to come out?" You put down your lipstick and turned around to face him. "Does this have to do with my birthday?" "Maaaayyyyybbbbeeee~!" He didn't even wait for a response. Quill just simply kissed you on the cheek and left the room.

As you were waiting, you could hear some slight yelling, threats, and even a small crash. You really wanted to go out and make sure everything was okay, but you knew if you did Quill would throw a fit, so you thought against it. You waited for around 15 minutes, and finally, Quill knocked on the door and poked his head inside. "You can come out now." You smiled and followed him out into the kitchen. A small surprise was set as you walked in. The whole team was sitting around the table, with a f/c birthday cake with the words: Happy Birthday Y/n!   Was written on it. You smiled warmly at the whole team, and you felt your heart clench as you thought how they did this all for you. Everyone wished you happy birthday, and they started giving you your presents.

Rocket gave you a Polaroid camera. He found it in a shady Pawn Shop, apparently, and got it for you. "Awww, thank you Rocky!"  You said as you gave him a hug and Peter snickered loudly. "Oh, SHUT UP Star-Munch!" Quill rolled his eyes and yelled out, "NEXT PRESENT!" Gamora went next, and gave you a deep black dress with purple sparkles all over it. She even got you a small pair of black heels to go with it. "Gamora! This is amazing! Thank you!" You then gave her a hug which she shyly returned. Next up was Mantis! She gave you a hand knit, pink bag with match mittens and hat. "I've been practicing the Earthling art called 'Knitting.' It's is a very fascinating art that is relaxing." "Well you'll defiantly have to teach me sometime Mantis!" You said with a sweet smile. Draw then was up next. He simply handed you a romance book called 'Within the Moon' Quill quickly grew confused and looked to Drax with deer in the headlights. "Really, Drax? Never figured you for a romance reader." Drax then just shrugged. "I'm not. But my daughter loved those books, and so does Y/n."

Finally, it was time for Quill to give you a gift. He went to your shared room and came out with a medium black box. You felt your heart race and opened it to reveal a blood red necklace. you felt a rush of joy overcome you, and you looked to Quill, only to see him smiling softly at you. "And if you think that is good, I've got one more thing." He then pulled a black box out of his pocket and kneeled down. "Quill, what are you doing?!" You said as your breaths became erratic. "Y/n L/n... I fell in love with you since the moment I laid eyes on you. I never would've thought I'd meet the love of my life in a prison, but I did. I can never get you out of my head and you are the one who gets me out of such bad ruts. You were there when I lost Yondu and my dad, and I would give anything to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" tears poured out of your eyes and you said with a gasp. "Yes!!" Quill quickly stood and put the ring on your finger. This was officially the best birthday ever. Spending it both with your best friends and your new fiance.

The End~!

Me: I kinda think I went too Out Of Character on Quill at the end cause his speech was WAY too romantic for him.

Quill: Hey! I can be romantic!

Me: That's not what Gamora says.... (._.)

Reader: It was great! I just wonder if Quill practiced it to make sure he got it right.

Quill: *sighs* If you guys wanna make a request for this or any of the other books, feel free.

Me and Reader:   ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤