Rocket x Reader: Teasing

Rocket yawned loudly as he flew the ship. "You tired, Rocky?" You said as you looked over your shoulder to look at him. Quill snickered very loudly. "There something FUNNY, Star-Munch!?" Rocket yelled out with a snarl. Quill laughed obnoxiously and spoke in a stupid tone. "Oh, it's nothing ROCKY!" Rocket lunged from his seat towards Quill, but you quickly hurried over to Rocket and grabbed him. "Rocket, just ignore him. Come on." You then set him down and guided him out of the pilot room.

~Timeskip~

"That freaking Quill thinks he's such a stupid hot-shot!! He thinks he's better than all of us!" He yelled out. You took Rocket to his room, where he could vent privately without Quill bugging you both. You couldn't even admit it out loud, but being alone with Rocket like this was so nice. You always loved hanging out with him, even when he was a bad mood. You were grateful he'd let you in his room, let you talk to him, and open up to him despite not knowing you all that long. See, you were a simple thief and such. You were amazing at stealing, but you only did it for the sake of survival. Despite the fact you were a thief, you had a kind heart. You were also a fighter who wouldn't hesitate in kicking someone into the ground just cause they looked at your best friend wrong.

You remained silent for a second, before offering a kind smile to him. "I don't think that Rocket. Remember, he just went through a hard time himself with losing both his real father, and Yondu. I know you probably haven't been happy with that experience either, but I'm sure Quill didn't mean it. He just is going is through a lot." You said as you put a hand on his shoulder. He took a deep breath, before he yawned loudly. He stretched lightly, and you giggled. "You sound so cute when you yawn." "Yeah, yeah, yeah..." You smiled and began petting Rocket on the head lightly. You began scratching his ears, and they twitched lightly from the sensation. You weren't sure how long you were petting him. Seconds? Minutes? Hours? Who knows, and who cares?

~Rocket's P.O.V~

I felt my eyes grow heavy after her petting for a bit. My tail wagged a little as I sighed peacefully. Y/n was probably one of the most beautiful things I've seen. Back before, I never thought I'd find a broad willing to deal with me! You'd figure a blind girl would like me... But yet, here she is... caring for me. "Y/n?" "Mhm?" She said sweetly. I swear that voice could kill me. "Why do ya put up with me?" I said suddenly. I kinda regretted asking, cause it just makes me sound desperate of something. "What are you talking about?" "Y/n, look at me... I'm a freaking freak! There's nothing in this universe like me. I'm just a weird as hell rodent, whatever that is..."

~Your P.O.V~

It always broke my heart when I saw Rocket like this.. I've had a crush on him since I first met him, and I still remember the bar fight. Thinking he was a stupid little rodent that was torn apart over and over again. In my eyes, he was a smart-mouthed and silly friend of mine. But... deep down I always wanted more than a friendship with him. "You're not a rodent. You're not weird Rocket. We ALL are unique and there aren't two people in this galaxy that are exactly the same. I mean, you helped save the whole freaking galaxy TWICE! If that's not proof of how cool you are, than I don't know what is!" I said with a frown. He looked up at, with shock in his chocolate eyes. I giggled and pulled him into a hug suddenly, and rubbed his back gently, being careful of his cybernetic implants. You'd figure his fur would be all scraggly and dirty, but it wasn't. His fur was felt super soft!! He rested his head on my shoulder as I pet his back, and I felt my heart explode. Here I was, petting my crush like a cute little cat!

I continued to pet him for a few more minutes, when I suddenly noticed Rocket breathing evenly. 'He must've fallen asleep..' I thought. I gently grabbed him by his waist and laid him in my lap. He groaned a little in his sleep, but he didn't stir. I then kept petting him, trying to fight back the yawn. But of course, I failed. I felt my eyes grow heavy and I felt a wave of drowsiness over come me. I scooted the both of us against the wall, then I relaxed and petted him until I fell asleep. But before I did, I could've sworn I heard Rocket say in a drowsy tone: "I love you, y/n."

'I love you too... I love you too...'  I thought as I fell asleep.

The End~~~!

Rocket: Did ya HAVE to make it so sappy!?

Reader and Me: YES!

Me: If my readers want sappy, they'll surely get it! I LIVE TO PLEASE THEM!

Rocket: *rubs his eyes* You need help...

Reader: This is why I love you Rocky!

Me: Be sure to tone in next time for another story! My next victim shall be.... Peter Parker!

Reader: Yay!

Rocket: Oh no...

Me: ;)