Loki x Reader: Midguardian Games

I am a massive gamer, and I thought it'd be such a great opportunity to give a shoutout to one of my personal favorite titles. I know the fad is beyond gone, but I will forever remain faithful to my favorite horror title. I hope you guys enjoy it! <3

You screamed loudly as a teddy bear animatronic image spilled onto your screen. When the initial shock wore off, you let out an airy laugh. A few seconds later, you heard shuffling outside the door and Loki bursts inside. "Y/n! What happened!?!?" You looked at him, baffled that you had caused such a ruckus that LOKI came in to help. You then giggled.

"It's nothing, Loki. I was just playing a game and I lost." Puzzled, Loki went over to the screen, only to see a Freddy suit with eyeballs poking out. "What in the name of Odin is this game!?" "It's a game called Five Nights at Freddy's. It's a horror game that is about staying alive for a certain amount of time, and all the while you have to make sure these animatronic animals don't come into your office and kill you."

Despite the explanation, Loki still looked confused. "...It's easier to understand when you're actually playing it." Loki looked at the screen for a few seconds, and you automatically knew what he was thinking. "Y-You probably shouldn't play this. It's really hard." Loki rolled his eyes and grabbed a spare chair. "Please... I can handle this simple Midguardian game."

It was actually really hard to get Loki to learn the basics of the computer, let alone the game. You had to show him how to use the mouse, despite his hesitation of it being a real mouse. "I do not need to catch some sort of virus from an electronic mouse!" Finally, you convinced him to trust the mouse and then showed him what not to do in the game. 

"Don't leave the doors closed the whole time. That lowers power, and if the power meter gets to zero, then there is a blackout, and you can probably die." "What do you mean probably?"  "I mean that if it is 5 am and the power goes out, you have a chance of surviving. If it's any earlier than you will die. But the game clock is much faster than ours. So 6 hours in the game is like 6 minutes in our time." Loki then scoffed. "Well frankly, I don't see what is so difficult about this game. I'm sure even a toddler can handle six minutes of this." Slightly insulted, you gave him some sass back. "Oh yeah? If you think these midguardian games are so easy, then you play one night in the game! If you win, I'll let you read my diary forever! But if I win, you have to do ONE thing I say, in front of everyone!"

~Loki's POV~

I was surprised by this sudden deal that Y/n had brought up. I was curious as to both sides. The thought of me having permanent access to her diary appealed to me and made me chuckle inside. But I was somewhat nervous about this idea she had planted inside her head. It honestly made me scared enough to where I was debating whether I should take up the challenge. But honestly, I felt that the thrill was just too delicious to pass up. I nodded and said, "Very well, Y/n. I'll take up your little game. But trust me when I say I will win."

I booted up the game and began playing. Thanks to Y/n's advice, as well as listening to this person on the cell phone, I had a taste of what it was like and what to do. However, as the timer ticked closer to five, these animatronics creatures were getting closer and closer. I had no choice but leave the doors closed, as two were at my office. Suddenly, the power went out and Y/n and I were both holding our breaths.

 When the bear creature started it's horrifying lullaby, Y/n and I were both so scared we were shaking. The lullaby went off, and footsteps sounded. Then...

The bear jumped out, screeching and myself and Y/n screamed loudly. When the screeching stopped, we slowly caught our breaths and heartbeats. Then, we both looked at each other and began laughing. "You should've seen your face, Loki! It was fricking priceless!" "Yours was as well. One would think you were about to die." We both laughed loudly, and when we both finally caught our breaths once again, I turned to her, with a smile still on my face. "Do I still have to do that favor for you... in front of everyone?" "Maybe later, but first I want to make sure YOU want it as well." I was puzzled.

~Your POV~

I felt my heartbeat race and my face heat up as I inched my face closer and closer to his. I finally met his lips with mine, and he stiffened up, before relaxing into the kiss. Him putting his hand on my cheek was a signal to keep going. We kissed each other, and I couldn't help but smile as he smelled like tea and old books. A voice then broke us out of our world of making out. "I hate to interrupt you two, but I am afraid that the others are at the door," JARVIS said. "JARVIS, just tell them that we're... playing a midguardian game." "Yes, Miss L/n. Have fun!" The AI said, before leaving off. We both then looked back at each other and giggled, before going back into kissing.

Maybe later I will get Loki to kiss me in front of everyone, but for now... we ought to try the game again.

The End

Loki: That surely was an adventure.

Me: I'm actually fairly proud of this one as well. It's good to revisit the days of FNAF.

Loki: Please note that Grace is not taking anymore requests as of right now. The next story will either be dedicated to Rocket the Raccoon or Peter Parker.

Me: Thanks for reading guys! I wuv u all!!! :D