Rocket Raccoon: Valentines Day!

I know that voting was extremely short, but I don't have much free time to write this story. So I'm gonna have to juggle this story in between school work. I hope you all enjoy it! :D

===================================

You and Quill smiled brightly as you both awoke in your rooms. Valentines Day! You both had planned for this since the start of the month. Even though y'all were in space, you were able to understand time.

You had decided to wear a bright F/C dress and wear makeup for the day, as since things had to be just right! You exited your room and went over to Quills. "Morning, Y/n. I see you're all set!" "Yes, I am!" "Well, the bird is in the bin and has been fed the worm." He said and you laughed. "Very funny. I'm gonna go wake up Rocket!" "Alright, see ya!" "See ya!"

You went into your room, grabbing something before heading off to Rocket's room. You knocked on Rocket's door. You opened it and went over to Rocket's bed. "Rocky, sweetheart?" He groaned, not wanting to leave the warmth of his bed. "Rocket, I've got a surprise for you, but you've gotta wake up first!" He opened his eyes, landing them on you. He noticed something behind your back.

He sat up and rubbed his eye. "Whatcha got there, dollface?" He said with a smirk, licking his paw. "A Valentines Day gift!" He looked up at you, confused. "What the hell is that?" "It's a holiday about love and gifts!" You then pulled the item out from behind your back. It was a simple chocolate heart with a great big R in the center. He slowly took it from you, a giant grin on his face. You giggled at his adorable face.

He sniffed it first, his adorable nose wiggling as he did so. He then bit into it, a small bite at first. The chocolate was a favorite chocolate flavor. It was such a good mix of flavors. It was such pure chocolate. Once he swallowed the first bite, he devoured the last of the heart in mere moments. You giggled and wiped a smudge off of his muzzle. 

"Ya know, that was a metaphor." "Hm?" "You eating my heart." You blushed as that left your mouth. You couldn't see it, but you knew for a fact that Rocket's face inflamed as well. "Aw shucks, Y/n... Why ya gotta say shit like that?" "Mmmmm~! Because it's cute seeing you get all flustered!" "I'm not flustered! Or cute!" "Welp! You say that!" "Well, I KNOW that!" You then picked him up and brought him into your lap.

"What the fuck, Y/n?!" "Shhh~." You said gently. "Will you just relax for once?" "No! Not when you're fucking CRADLING me!" "SHHH!" You said as you heard footsteps approaching. A pair of feet was seen from the crack under the door, silencing you and Rocket completely. 

"I am Groot." A deep voice spoke. You and Rocket sighed in relief. "It's open ya giant twig." "I am Groot." Groot then opened the door and stepped in, before looking taken aback by seeing you and Rocket cuddling. "If ya even THINK about telli any of the others...!" Rocket threatened. "Maybe this is a sign that we should head up." You suggested.

You three headed up to the pilot room, getting seated. You winked at Quill and he nodded. He then took the ship a tad bit off course. "Where are we going, Quill?" Gamora asked seriously. "Me and Y/n have a surprise, so we're gonna take a small detour." 

"Is this at all related to your plan to propose to Gamora?" "WHAT THE FUCK, DRAX?!?!" Quill yelled. You facepalmed. "Quill, why did you tell him?" "I didn't! Wait, I didn't." He said realization. "How'd you find out?" "I'm invisible." Quill sighed, taking Gamora out of the room.

You figured that since Quill was perhaps proposing to her within PRIVATE walls, you'd take over the flight. Drax was still extremely confused by what happened and decided to leave the room. Now, it was only Groot, Rocket, and you. "So, dollface, any clue on where we're going?" "Nope!" 

Rocket groaned and left his seat, climbing up into your lap. He was small enough to snuggle up to your chest, without taking your view off of the void ahead. You smiled and placed a hand on his ear and scratched it.

~Timeskip~

After you guys finally landed, you took Rocket off alone to a special. The planet naturally had a red sky with pink clouds, making the perfect view for a romantic date. Precisely the point! You led him down off the path, towards a remote place. "What is this?" "Your Valentines Day gift."

Sitting atop a very small hill was a little cabin.

Rocket's eyes widened and he slowly walked up to the cabin with you

Rocket's eyes widened and he slowly walked up to the cabin with you. You giggled and grabbed his paw, leading him to the cabin. You then sat both you and him onto the couch. "Ya know, ya never told me anything about this Valentine's Day. What the hell is it?" "Well," You began. "it's a holiday that has become famous for being about celebrating and showing your love for people, especially romantic love." Rocket snickered. "So, you're saying that you love me?" You rolled your eyes. "Shut up and let me talk, Mr.Funny." He smirked but kept quiet.

"The way the holiday came about back in medieval times on Earth when a king had outlawed marriage. He felt that married men were less effective in battle, so that's why. But there was a man named Valentine who secretly married people regardless." "Did he get caught?" "Yup." You put special emphasis on the P. "When he got caught, he was thrown into jail to later be executed. But then he fell in love with the jailer's daughter." "Did they escape or some shit?" "Sadly... no. He was executed. But then the daughter found a note in his cell. It was signed... from your valentine."

"Jesus! That is fucking depressing." "Yup. But then it ended up becoming a holiday that is about celebrating your love for someone. But at the same time, some people make HUGE amounts of money there off of stuff to give." "What do you even GIVE a Valentine?" "Chocolates, a card, a stuffed animal, other cutesy stuff. But you know what?" "What?" "I've got my stuffed animal right here!!" You said, picking him up and holding him against you, squeezing him. "Y/n! That's creepy, first of all! Second, I'm no stuffed toy!"

"I've got one last present for you, Rocket." You said after a very long moment of holding him. He relaxed at some point, but tensed back up at that statement. "Ah, shucks, Y/n. Why ya gotta keep giving me shit?" "Because... because I love you, Rocket." He tensed up further for a moment, and your heart sunk into your stomach. "Too soon?" You said with a cracked voice.

"Nah, Y/n. Not at all. I... I love you too." You pulled him away from you to look him in the eyes. His eyes had a look of genuine love and care. You then leaned in slowly, kissing him. He chuckled into the kiss and did it back. He and you kissed for a long moment, but you broke the kiss first. "Let me get you that gift." You pulled it out of your pocket and handed it to him. It was a golden locket. Rocket opened it with delicate care. Inside was two images on either side. One of you and one of him. He smiled. "Thanks, you romantic idiot."

You giggled at Rocket's statement. Kissing him once more.

The End~!

Me: I feel that this was a very tiny bit rushed, but that was cause I pushing to get this out before both Valentines Day and the week ends.

Rocket: Now listen here, humies! Grace isn't taking ANY requests! So don'tcha go around spewing requests! Got it?

Me: Thank you, Rocket. I've been getting spammed with them and y'all would not believe how hard it is to say no to my followers. So it's just better not to ask or I will have no choice but to ignore your comments.

Me: Thank you all for reading this story, now if you'll excuse me... I have an adorable Rocket to cuddle with! :3

Rocket: >:(