Bruce x Reader: Comfort

You were walking through the tower, looking for your boyfriend, Bruce Banner, but you couldn't find him ANYWHERE. You had first met the little cinnamon roll of a scientist at a coffee shop. Of course, one of the most cliche places to meet a cute guy, but you couldn't find a place to sit, and standing while drinking hot cocoa wouldn't be the most comfortable. You saw the one and only Bruce Banner on his laptop at a table by himself. You gathered up all of your courage and sat across from him. "What's a nice guy like you doing here sitting alone?" He chuckled and he spoke. "Needed to get out of the lab. Stark was bugging me about not getting out enough." "Sounds like he's just being an idiot again. Only time he's outside is when he's either saving New York or getting girls." Bruce just laughed again. "That's one way to put it."

You were looking everywhere for him, and you finally realized you could ask JARVIS! "JARVIS, where is Bruce?" "He is in the lab on the fifteenth floor, I recommend you go there immediately, he seems to be in a bad emotional state." "Thank you JARVIS." You then ran down the stairs and into the lab. You quickly bursted in the lab, and saw Bruce look up at you were teary eyes. You quickly ran over and hugged him tightly. Even when he struggled against your strong grip, you refused to let go. "Bruce, I'm not letting you go until you tell me what's wrong. I'm not letting you go until I find a way to help you." Bruce sighed and wet tears streamed down onto your shoulder. "You can't help me. I can't even help myself. I've spent years trying to find a way to get rid of the other guy, and I can't! I almost killed myself because I didn't want to live like this! I want him to just leave!!" 

At this point, Bruce was sobbing into your shoulder and returned the hug with equal tightness and force. You sighed and let him go. "Bruce, I need you to look at me." He slowly tore himself away from you and looked you in the eyes. His eyes were a pale green, and they were practically glowing. "You don't NEED to get rid of the other guy to be happy. You don't NEED to kill yourself to escape him. You don't NEED to do anything. You probably will live the rest of your life with him, but is that a bad thing? Instead of trying to escape it, try to embrace the other guy."

Bruce seemed to calm down a little, he wasn't crying anymore. But he was breathing rapidly and you did the only thing you could think of doing. Singing his fight song.

Like a small boat

On the ocean

Sending big waves

Into motion

Like how a single word

Can make a heart open

I might only have one match

But I can make an explosion

And all those things I didn't say

Wrecking balls inside my brain

I will scream them loud tonight

Can you hear my voice this time?

This is my fight song

Take back my life song

Prove I'm alright song

My power's turned on

Starting right now I'll be strong

I'll play my fight song

And I don't really care if nobody else believes

'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Bruce relaxed at the sound of your voice, and he leaned his head on your shoulder. 

Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep

Everybody's worried about me

In too deep

Say I'm in too deep (in too deep)

And it's been two years I miss my home

But there's a fire burning in my bones

Still believe

Yeah, I still believe

And all those things I didn't say

Wrecking balls inside my brain

I will scream them loud tonight

Can you hear my voice this time?

This is my fight song

Take back my life song

Prove I'm alright song

My power's turned on

Starting right now I'll be strong

I'll play my fight song

And I don't really care if nobody else believes

'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

A lot of fight left in me

Like a small boat

On the ocean

Sending big waves

Into motion

Like how a single word

Can make a heart open

I might only have one match

But I can make an explosion

This is my fight song

Take back my life song

Prove I'm alright song

My power's turned on

Starting right now I'll be strong (I'll be strong)

I'll play my fight song

And I don't really care if nobody else believes

'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Know I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Bruce finally seemed to have calmed down, his breathing returned to normal and his tears had stopped. "I love you, y/n." You giggled and kissed his head. "I love you too, my little green cinnamon roll." He chuckled. You were right. He was your green little cinnamon roll.

The End~!

Brucie: Why does my name tag say Brucie?

Me: Because your name and Bruce, and your a cutey!

Reader: True!

Me: If you guys wanna see more of this teddy bear, or any other avengers, feel free to make a request!! Next up will be the one and only Starlord! :D

Reader: *kisses Bruce's cheek*

Brucie: *Blushes*

Me and Reader: XDDDDD X3333333