Bucky x Reader: Till Death Do Us Part [Ending 2]

So! We're back at it again! I'm back with another story! I hope y'all are as hyped as I am to be writing the good ending! Enough dilly-dallying. Let's dance! XD

Tony looked as Bucky was watching tv. Well, that term seems a little farfetched. As the teachers often say, Bucky's body was there, but his brain wasn't. Bucky was watching a movie about World War II and wasn't even nitpicking at the details they got wrong! That seemed a little strange, so Tony took one final sip of his coffee and headed towards the couch. He quiets his steps and leans in really close to Bucky's ear and whispers, "What are you thinking about?" Bucky fell and landed on the floor, right on his arm. "Owww! Tony what the hell!?" "You were staring off into space like an idiot, so I was helping." "I wouldn't go that far." Bucky got up and turned off the tv.

"You're thinking about something really hard. Or someone?" Bucky looked at him as confused as a pup. "What?!" "Who is it? Come on, you can tell old Tony!" "Yeah right." "Alright, if you won't tell, I'll guess!" This troubled Bucky. When Tony sees or hears something of interest, he won't let it go no matter what. "Are you thinking about... Natasha?" "She is with Bruce." He says with a shrug. "Fine, what about Wanda?" "Nope." "And what about Y/n?" Bucky shot his head up and blushed a deep scarlet. "What!? Why would you think that?"

Tony cackled as he finally cracked the case. "Why don't you ask her out?" "And why would I do that?" "Because she likes you too!" "Tony, I know you're one for pranks, but this is straight up cruel." "Why would I joke about that?!" Bucky rolled his eyes and left, leaving a smirking Tony Stark.

~With you~

You were prepping for a mission assigned by Nick when you decided to go get a few snacks for the mission. You opened the door and landed face first into someone's chest. You look up and see Bucky as he held you up via your waist. You both stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds before you cleared your throat. Bucky realized the awkward situation you both were in. He slowly pulled you back up onto your feet. When you both didn't say anything, you grew desperate to find something to say. You blurted out, "Do you wanna come on a mission with me?"

Bucky smiled and spoke, "Yeah. That sounds great! Do you have a file on the mission?" "One, c-come on in.I'll let you look it over." You opened the door and went over to your bed. You gave him the file and he read it over. When he was done, he gave it back to you. "I um.. I should go pack." You smiled and nodded. Then he left and you were left in your room, your heart fluttering.

~Timeskip~

You both got to the HYDRA camp and prepared your weapons. From what the file said, HYDRA was prepping a bomb to be used as a threat to get New York under their control. You both found a vantage point and watched for the bomb to be brought into the HYDRA camp. After a while, the bomb was found being carried by a few HYDRA soldiers. You and Bucky nodded to each other and grabbed your weapons. You then ran off into the building.

You both got to the bomb and you quickly got to disarming it. Suddenly, a gunman pointed a gun at your back. You looked to him, and to the bomb. You took a deep breath and cut the wire. The man fired his gun and Bucky suddenly appeared in front of you. Blood splattered onto the floor as Bucky laid with a bullet in his torso.

At first, you froze. You looked up at the soldier. He reloaded his gun and pointed it at you. Your vision went red and you threw your knife at the soldier. It landed dead in his heart, and you quickly grabbed Bucky. You carried him bridal style out of the building, and when you were back at the getaway vehicle, you felt the tears finally come. "Bucky, Bucky please get up!" No response. You grabbed his phone and dialed Steve. He answered, groggy. "Hello...?" "Steve! Bucky's been shot! He's bleeding out!" Steve automatically shot up and said, "Put pressure on the wound and don't let him go into shock! Just try and stay calm, I'm on my way!" He hung up and you quickly looked to the bullet wound.

You sighed and took off your shirt and placed it on his wound. He groaned and you gasped. "You okay, Bucky?" You said softly. He looked at you and his eyes went wide. "Why are you not wearing a shirt?" "Because I don't want you to bleed out, jackass." He smiled. "I'm so sorry, Bucky. I should've taken that bullet." "Don't you DARE say that, Y/n. Look at me." You looked at him with glossy eyes. "I'd risk my life for a stranger, think of what I'd do for the people I love..." "You... love me?" "Of course I do, Y/n. You are like an Angel to me. You've done nothing but give to me and the others. All you've done is be kind to me, how could one not love you."

You felt tears come down and Bucky panicked. "Y/n!? What's wrong? Did I say something wrong?" "No, you idiot. I love you too!" Before he could respond, you began peppering kisses on his face, before landing a kiss on his lips. "I love you... so much." You said in between kisses.

~Timeskip~

Bucky has finally fully recovered after a lot of time and medical checkups, and you both couldn't be happier. You both decided to celebrate, while neither of you knows what kind of wonderful surprise lays ahead.

~At dinner~

"Wow, Bucky. This place is beautiful." "Thanks." "Let me guess, Tony paid for this?" "...Maybe." You giggled and stood up. "Wh-what's wrong?" You giggled and pulled a box out of your purse. You opened it, revealing a golden ring with a single diamond in the center. Bucky smiled wider than ever and pulled a ring out of HIS pocket. You both shared a loud laugh that many people stared at you both. You then kneeled and he did the same. "On three," You said. He nodded. "1." He said. "2." You said. "3!" You both said. "Will you marry me!" You both spoke in complete unison. You both laughed and stood, putting on the rings. People clapped and cheered for you two, as a kiss was made to seal the engagement.

Good ending!

Me: I'm so happy with how this turned out!

Me: Congrats Bucky! You've officially proposed twice!

Bucky: Thanks!

Bucky: If you guys are wondering, requests are closed as Grace is backed up on both requests and ideas. She needs time to catch up, along with make progress on her first ever original work!

Me: Thanks Bucky! <3

Me: Hope you all enjoyed the good ending! Thanks for reading!! :D