Rocket x M!Reader: So fluffy!

This is a gift for my new friend Carl! He is a HUGE Rocket fan and actually helped me make the very first Rocket edit video I've ever made :D So as a way to thank him, I will be making this for him! I will still be reading this on my YouTube channel for him, but please humor us! Thankies so much!!!

Rocket was sound ass asleep, while Carl was busy working at the computer. Carl had joined the Guardians of the Galaxy as the massive badass tech-guy who hacks computers and security systems to get the guardians into a base or whatever.

Carl and Rocket seemed to get along really well, especially because they were really heavily involved in technology. Granted, his expertise was with guns. Meanwhile with Carl, he obviously worked with computers.

While Carl was hamming away at some new coding, he snuck a glance over a Rocket. Rocket has previously complained that his room in the ship is by far the coldest. Meanwhile, Carl always seemed to complain about how hot it was. So every now and then, they would drop by and visit the others rooms.

Rocket was sleeping atop of his bed, but Carl wasn't paying attention to that. It was...

HIS TAIL!!!

Something about it looked so precious! Carl squealed inside at how cute it looked as it swished from side to side. He tried to look away, but he couldn't help it! He set his headset down before walking over cautiously to Rocket's side.

To make sure he was in a deep sleep, Carl gently poked him. Nothing. He poked one more time to make sure Rocket wouldn't stir. Luckily, he seemed dead asleep. So Carl took this chance to gently stroke his tail. It was somehow softer than he thought it would be.

Carl smiled and looked over at Rocket's face. Rocket bared his teeth whilst smiling. Carl felt like that was his clue to keep going. He continued to stroke and scratch his tail. At one point, he picked it up ever so slightly to keep scratching. Rocket kept that smile on his face. His leg even started moving around from the sheer enjoyment of being petted like this.

While Carl was having the absolute best moment of his entire life, he heard snickering. At first he thought it was coming from Rocket. But a small glance at his face said otherwise. He was only smiling, so... who was snickering?!

Carl quickly whipped around and looked at the door. Quill was standing in the doorway, holding in the laughter. Carl mouthed, "Go away!!" But that only made the bomb blow up. Quill bursted out laughing, causing Rocket to wake up. "Shut UP, Quill!" He then looked over and saw Carl holding onto his tail.

"Okay so... funny story!!" He began. "I just... I couldn't help it! You looked so cute sleeping with your tail moving around... I just couldn't control myself!" Quill was still laughing in the doorway. "SHUT UP, QUILL!" They both yelled in unison. He smiled and began to calm down. Rocket looked away shamefully. Carl immediately felt bad and let go of his tail. "I'm so sorry, Rocket. I really am! I promise I will NEVER do that again." He said, attempting to reassure him as much as he possible could.

Rocket just groaned a little. "It's not that. I didn't mind it actually. I just- QUILL SHUT THE HELL UP!!!" Quill giggled like a little schoolgirl as he walked out the door. Leaving the two of them alone.

"I didn't mind it. I normally don't like it when people touch me. But... I guess I can make an exception." But then his face turned serious. "Just be sure to not ever tell anyone." "I... honestly think I'm not really the one you should be telling that to."

Rocket's face turned to one of horror and realization. He quickly ran out, attempting to to catch up to Quill before he could blab out the details. Carl just laughed, getting back over to his desktop to enjoy the sweet sounds of Quill screaming while he was coding.

The END!!!