New member| K-on! AU (or at least the plot-)

Just a month ago, schools had opened back up after the summer break. Naofumi was a freshman, only having his friend Raphtalia at the start. She kept telling him to join a club over and over and said it would motivate him. She kept mentioning the literature club, or student council, or the computer programming club. 

In the beginning, Naofumi liked these idea's a lot, but grew less fond of him. Right now he was looking at a board with posters for clubs. Naofumi was scanning it over, unable to keep his eyes off the light music club. "Looking for a guitarist..?" Naofumi mumbled. 

He shrugged his shoulders, deciding he'd check out the club tomorrow. Naofumi walked into his house, instantly being greeted by his brother. "Hey, big bro!" His little brother Len cheered. 

"Hello, Len," Naofumi greeted, smiling. The raven took off his shoes and began his trip to his room. 

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Big bro!" His brother yelled, pouting as he did so. 

"What?" Naofumi calmly replied, turning his head to his brother. He noticed the little pout and the nervous look on his face. 

"I was wondering if you could help me with my math. It's so difficult now!" Len sighed, throwing his head back in frustration. 

Naofumi sighed to himself, wishing he could have a little more time for just him. "Alright. Just let me get changed," Naofumi hummed. 

Before long, it was the next day. Naofumi had made sure to get ready properly, as he'd be meeting some new people. He and Raphtalia walked down the hall, walking towards their class. 

"So, Naofumi. Have you thought of any clubs you wanted to join yet?" Raphtalia asked, an energetic smile on her face. 

"Y-yes! I was actually thinking of checking out the light music club after school," Naofumi informed her, a little embarrassed he chose something so uneducational. Though, he also wanted to have fun if he was going to join a club. To his benefit, he had played guitar for a year and was used to it. 

His guitar was sitting in his room right now, on its stand, finally out of his closet. At around 9 PM he had pulled it out, knowing he wanted to join this club. 

"Oh really?" Raphtalia questioned, surprised. "Do you play any instruments?" Raphtalia asked, imagining what the club would even be like. 

"I played guitar a few years ago...I only stopped playing it because of my brother constantly asking me to study with him, and having to keep my grades up," Naofumi sighed, a little ashamed he gave up on something he enjoyed for school. 

"Well, maybe joining the club will get you back into that hobby!" Raphtalia beamed. 

Naofumi looked at her and gave her a kind smile. "I hope so," Naofumi started. He then turned his head to the ground. He was quick to assume things. If Naofumi wasn't good enough, they probably wouldn't want him. 

"Well, give it your best shot! If you haven't played in years you'll need some time to adjust to it again, but you'll be amazing!" Raphtalia reassured, holding her hand up for a high five. Naofumi chuckled and accepted her high five. Naofumi took a deep breath, praying he'd make it in. Grant it he was nervous about it and had second thoughts, but wanted to be able to pick up a guitar again. 

Finally, it was the end of the day. Naofumi was walking through the halls, arriving on a floor he had never been on. The school had three floors, the music club being at the end of the main hall on the top floor. Naofumi took a deep breath, not happy with the murky hallway. 

Naofumi wished Raphtalia would join the club too, but also knew she was already in the martial arts club. Naofumi reached the door, gently placing a hand on the handle. He wondered if any of these people were popular, mean or just overall someone he didn't want to be around. Naofumi took one more big breath and pushed the doors open.