Chained Bonds| part 3

Motoyasu felt his heart break more and more as the introduction went again. Naofumi got merely skipped again- the king set out a fake apology again-  but he knew by nightfall he could talk to the raven. Minutes turned into hours- the king endlessly flapping his lips going on and on about different topics.

Soon enough, they were escorted to a room the four heroes would share... Just like the first day they were summoned here. Motoyasu made sure he changed one thing, he walked next to Naofumi- trying not to make it plainly obvious he was getting as close as he could.

"Hey, Iwatani! You seem like a pretty nice guy, why don't we go hit a bar after we see the room we're staying in?" Motoyasu grinned. He didn't care where they went- he just wanted to be near Naofumi, to grow closer. All Motoyasu knew, was that he would change the fate of everything as long as he stayed near Naofumi's side... Even if the raven found it irritating.

Naofumi's bright eyes looked at him, a faint smile on his face. Motoyasu felt his heart stop- and he had to stop himself from merely falling down the flight of stairs. Eyes that had been so dull and empty before were now filled with more life than nature itself, and they were so shinny that Motoyasu could doze off into those treasures all day long. Naofumi's angelic voice broke his gaze, "I'm sorry, but I'm not big on drinking."

"Oh! That's f-fine!" Motoyasu stammered, clearing his throat. He had to look at his own feet- just to keep himself out of a trance. This man rocked a badass look, a cutesy look, and a rather average look. Though, was there anything this delicate raven couldn't do? Motoyasu let a hand rub the back of his head. "We could go to a restaurant? I'll pay!"

Naofumi rose an eyebrow, but his warming smile stuck. "How come you want to spend time together? Not that I'm complaining at all! Just curious... Since you know, there's also Ren and Itsuki," Naofumi hummed.

"I-uh," Motoyasu stammered. He couldn't just blow out 'well we were dating before you were killed and then revived back in time' no sane person would buy a story like that. "It's nothing, really! You just seem extremely nice and like someone I could get along with really easily!"

"Alright... Well, if you want we could go to a restaurant later. Though, I can pay for my own meal," Naofumi hummed.

"No! No! It's fine, please."

Naofumi hesitated for a moment but nodded slowly- as if questioning. Motoyasu grinned- he was truly a winner.

The four made it to their room, and the lady gave the four legendary heroes a quick bow before she sauntered out of the doors. The room was just as Motoyasu remembered- and he could already visualize the four sitting near one another talking. It was scary how much deja vu he felt from all of this. He swallowed hesitantly.

Naofumi stretched out his arms, his eyes looking around the room. "Well, it's pretty nice in here," He smirked.

Motoyasu walked up behind the raven, carefully placing a hand on his shoulder. He didn't want to scare away the raven by too much affection- though it was more than tempting to scoop the beauty up in his arms and plant soft kisses along his lips and jawline- but shitty Malty, of course.

"So, you want to go now? We don't really have a quick ride back- and I know somewhere we can go that's about 20 minutes-"

"How do you know around already...? We haven't left the castle properly," Naofumi questioned, raising an eyebrow.

Motoyasu felt his heart throb- terrified. He didn't know why he was so scared- considering there were a million and one lies he could use- but his mind fell blank from true dismay. "Well... What I REALLY meant, is that there will probably be one about twenty minutes away... I-I don't know for sure, It's- uh- just a guess."