The messages| Just an AU

(Here, take my shitty but fluffy (kinda angsty-) one-shot that I wrote at one in the morning listening to a yandere playlist- TuT👍)

"Another petal fell from the dying flower. The petal was growing old from the sick flower and wanted to move on to a better flower, a better group. You couldn't blame the petal though. The bigger sick flower couldn't take care of itself and wasn't able to satisfy the petals it had gained over time. I don't like the flower either, it makes me sick knowing it can't do anything right. Only one petal stuck now, clinging onto the flower, knowing what it's truly been through. Though, not even the flower knows what these consequences are, as it can't like itself enough to see. But this living petal, it's all the flower needs to carry on, and live. Just one singular petal to-" 

Naofumi dropped his pencil, hearing the sound of his door creaking open. He let his eyes fix on the door, only the little lamp beside him producing light through the night. The clock read 1 am and Naofumi knew exactly why he was here. 

"Naofumi? It's late. You shouldn't be writing at this time. Come on to bed, you need your sleep," Motoyasu sighed, a frown appearing on his face as he looked at the young raven sitting in the wooden chair. 

Naofumi looked at his work once more, disappointed as he looked at the wrinkles and smudge marks on the paper. He nodded, standing up. 

He walked towards the only one with him, Motoyasu Kitamura. Over time, everyone else had left him, Motoyasu being one of the few people to stay. The only other person who wanted to stay with him was his brother, but he had died a year ago. Motoyasu wrapped his arms gently around Naofumi's waist, huddling the male close to his chest, looking at him with a concerned look. 

"I'm starting to think you should see a doctor… You've been having more panic attacks lately, and you are only getting a few hours of sleep," Motoyasu pointed out, running his fingers along Naofumi's skin, feeling the cold skin that lay beneath his black T-shirt. 

Naofumi mumbled, not wanting to see any doctor. He didn't see any need, as doctors would just hand him medication, not even caring for an actual problem or diagnosis. Naofumi's green eyes stared down the dimly lit hallway that Motoyasu had come from, dozing off as he felt Motoyasu's calming embrace. Motoyasu let out a small sigh, expecting no other answer from the raven. 

"So…I guess if you don't want to see a doctor...What are you writing about tonight? You do seem to have interest in it," Motoyasu mumbled, still half asleep. He had woken up, planning to go right back to sleep. But, he noticed Naofumi wasn't huddled up against his chest, laying in his arms. That was when he realized he was doing the same event he had been doing the past four nights. 

Naofumi closed his eyes, his grip tightening on his beloved boyfriend. "A flower...That lost all but one of its pedals since it was too unstable for them," Naofumi hummed, his voice drifting off into the cool air before them. 

"A flower…? That's new," Motoyasu whispered, planting a kind and gentle kiss on the top of Naofumi's forehead. 

"I wanted something more peaceful, but still had a dark meaning," Naofumi shrugged, digging his face deeper into Motoyasu's chest, feeling tears well up in his eyes. A dark meaning was right, but there was nothing peaceful about it. 

Naofumi shut his eyes as tight as he could, feeling an unpleasant pain shoot through his green eyes. A dark flower, and lively petals, especially one. A petal that chose to never leave, and accepts anything that happened to that poor flower. Naofumi had been used by people his whole life, giving them what they desired, caring for them, and giving them advice. They'd then stab him in the back, leaving his body to grow old from these techniques, and leave him to grow more and more tired. 

Motoyasu was the only one left, the brightest and most helpful. He trusted Motoyasu With all of his heart and believed the blond could fully fix him one day, and he could once again be a happy male. A happy flower making it through life.  

Motoyasu could hear small sniffles coming from Naofumi, and closed his own eyes. Every time he heard or saw Naofumi cry, his heart broke, ready to shatter. The room fell silent, but a calming silence that both were comfortable with. The only sound was Naofumi's small sniffles, and the sound of the clock ticking every second, creating a calming sound through the depressing room.

A light breeze blew in through the open window, making both males feel cool. Motoyasu looked at the simply lit table, and the crumpled paper sitting there, waiting to be continued. 

"Let's get you to bed, babe. I'll talk to you until you're able to fall asleep," Motoyasu claimed, his voice calming. Naofumi let the melody of Motoyasu's voice ring through his ears. The only voice that made him calm, and made him feel secure. Naofumi nodded, gently pushing himself off of Motoyasu. 

Naofumi took a step forward, prepared to walk over to their room. Without any warning, Motoyasu calmly scooped Naofumi off the ground, holding him in his arms. Naofumi felt a small blush cone to his face, always loving it when Motoyasu carried him. Naofumi leaned his head against the blond's shoulder, closing his eyes. Naofumi never realized how tired he truly was writing in the middle of the night. He usually felt fully awake, writing his thoughts down onto paper, and ranting about his miserable life on it, covering it up as something different. 

Motoyasu stared at Naofumi, genuinely sorry for the male. Motoyasu had grown up with a pretty decent life. His only worry was his mom and the constant asking of a girlfriend, and not understanding that he was into guys no matter how many times he informed her. But when he heard Naofumi go on and on, it made him truly understand how cruel the world could be to people. 

They had been down by a rose garden, Naofumi tending his care to the flowers, talking about all the crazy shit in his life. 

That had been the day Motoyasu remembered for many reasons. It was to where the sun was in the sky, and the heat it had been giving off. That was the first time Motoyasu had seen Naofumi break down, and had been able to place his first kiss on Naofumi's soft delicate lips. 

Motoyasu placed Naofumi down on their bed, tucking him under the sheets. Motoyasu laid down beside him afterward, gently rubbing the male's cheek, watching his boyfriend grow calmer and calmer, ripping away from his terrible thoughts.