comforting| king AU

Naofumi sat at his desk, books scattered all over his floor and desk. He ran his fingers through his hair, stress overwhelming him. Tears began to roll down his face, finding it far too stressful to read books upon books about useless information he didn't need to know for king.

He usually was helped with this thing with hours of training and knowledge, but usually had people to help him. Usually a maid by the name of "sapphire" would come and help him with this sort of thing, but she was busy this night. She'd usually bring him a hot coffee, sit with him and help him understand. Of course there were days she weren't there, but other maids and royalty usually didn't pressure him like they did today. They had made it sound like he was going to be punished if he didn't study.

In a fit of rage, he quickly stood up knocking his chair to the floor. He pushed all of the books off the desk, and papers, books and pencils went to the ground. He began to breath heavily, and kicked his desk, chipping the end of it. "Fuck..."

He heard footsteps coming towards his room, and wondered if his case could get any worse. He'd now have to come up with some stupid explanation to why this happened, or just admit to it. "Fucking anger issues and ADHD," Naofumi scoffed, assuming that was why this happened. Though, he was the only one who knew he had ADHD.

The door opened gently, and he looked over. Tears were still rolling down his face, and he locked eyes with one of his friends. Motoyasu stared at him, amazed and almost scared. He saw Naofumi as a very chill and innocent person, usually in a good, uplifting mood.

Motoyasu walked in, shutting the door behind him. "Is everything okay, Nao?" Motoyasu spoke, walking up to him. He gently rubbed Naofumi's back, allowing the raven to calm down a bit.

"Yeah...I was just stressing over studying," Naofumi chuckled, looking at his practically life long best friend. When they were three they had met in a park, and had been friends ever since. They had gotten so close at one point Naofumi gained feelings for them, they were still there, but he usually just strongly pushed it aside so Motoyasu didn't find out.

Motoyasu began to wipe the tears from Naofumi's eyes, making the raven slightly blush from the soft and delicate touch. Naofumi closed his eyes, smiling as Motoyasu kept his hand on Naofumi's cool, honey cheek.

"Well why don't you take a break? You seem overwhelmed," Motoyasu softly spoke, rubbing Naofumi's cheek. Naofumi was upset to hear that the craved affection would end, but nodded in response. He did suppose he needed to sit down and just distress.

He walked towards his bed, and sat down. Motoyasu sat down beside him, and Naofumi blushed. His hand ran along Naofumi's back, and their legs were practically touching. They were sitting so close that Naofumi could hear Motoyasu's soft breathing, and it gave him a sense of safety and reassurance.

Naofumi closed his eyes, and paid attention to the soft touch. His warm hands going along his bare back. Though, he was surprised he didn't just go over his hoodie, but didn't think much of it.

Motoyasu watched the younger male, and watched him gradually calm down. He blushed, seeing such a calm and cute reaction on his face. Feeling his soft, cool skin against his hand made it even better, and he wished deep down that they could date, but he couldn't read Naofumi, so he didn't know weather he liked him it not.

Motoyasu scooted a bit closer, and their legs were touching. He couldn't keep his eyes off the raven, and wanted to kiss him watching his light breathing, and the small kind smile formed on his face.

Naofumi leaned his head against Motoyasu's shoulder, barely aware of what he was doing. He was so tired and out of it, that he failed to keep his body supported. Resting his head on Motoyasu's shoulder felt like a dream for him.

Motoyasu blushed, keeping his eyes on the other male. He smiled, filled with joy and excitement. It almost felt as if they were in a relationship, and he really wanted to be. He knew Naofumi had some sort of interest in him with how touchy and open about himself he was. But, Motoyasu didn't know how strong that interest was. 

Motoyasu just continued to rub Naofumi's back, pretending like nothing was off. He didn't want to awake Naofumi, or make him confused if he was actually awake. 

The next morning Naofumi woke up, less tired than he usually was. He had finally gotten eight hours of sleep, although it was still darker out. He looked at his clock, and it was six in the morning. He then realized something, and his face went as red as a pulp. Motoyasu was beneath him, peacefully sleeping, his hands on Naofumi's back. Naofumi sat up, making sure not to disturb the blonde. He quickly got dressed for the day, continuously looking at the sleeping male to make sure he didn't see anything. 

He sat at his desk, and quietly cleaned up everything. He opened the book again, and went back to studying. He read about five pages, and just couldn't keep focus. He looked over at Motoyasu again, part of him wanting to make his way back into his arms, and feel the comfort and security once more. Naofumi sighed, trying once again to keep his focus. 

(I apologize for any spelling mistakes or grammer issues- I am tired af. This is alsoa cannon AU I made, hehe)