Chained bonds| Soulmates AU

"Seriously, why do I have to route with Iwatani?! How important is this anyway?" Motoyasu scoffed, throwing a nasty glare over at the raven who also had a deathly glare on his face. While they became moody- Ren and Itsuki just smirked, more than thrilled to go together.

One of the knights spoke up, slightly shrugging. "It's just the order that was sent out, and I can't change that. You two will just have to deal with one another."

Motoyasu let out a long, frustrated sigh. He pinched the brim of his nose, fed up with how orders operated- especially after the trial with malty. It seemed as if guards and even normal citizens craved to see their relationship grow- getting them near one another every opportunity they could grasp. It was annoying- and it still would have been even if they were close. Though, Motoyasu could never, not once, imagine them being more than acquaintances.

"Fine, but you better pay us the same. I know people are starting to respect me more, but bitch still gets respect too," Naofumi scoffed. "So if I don't receive the same amount of money as Kitamura- I won't be doing anything for the royal guard anymore," Naofumi scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest- his usually dull eyes filled with something satanic. The knight nodded hesitantly, ignoring the look he received.

~~~~

Naofumi let out a small sigh, his breath was rather heavy than it usually was when he fought. He pushed his bangs back for a moment, allowing a breeze to reach his forehead. Motoyasu approached Naofumi, stopping beside him.

"You think that's all? I haven't heard any movement or noise," Motoyasu hummed, a hand planted on his hip as he looked out into the distance, the sun hidden by thousands of trees that surrounded the ground.

"I think we should go a little further into the forest. I don't want to half-ass a job we're getting paid decent for," Naofumi replied, voice rather raspy between the constant movement and fighting, plus how tired he felt. Maybe it was just even having that blond near him- and how exhausted he made him feel. Especially with how gullible he was. Naofumi had to admit- that was probably his worst trait.

Motoyasu replied with a small hum and nod- exceeding into the forest. No noise was to be heard as they continued along, just the faint sounds of birds, and the occasional animal that shook a bush. Naofumi stopped, letting out a relieved sigh as the end of the forest lay ahead.

"Suppose you were right. There's nothing. We can either head back or see if we can get a ride back from a town just past here. I have a good reputation with them," Naofumi suggested, walking in front of the blond- to stop him before he headed forward.

"It feels rude to pitch a ride off them if they aren't part of the mission. We'll walk back. You have legs anyway- don't be lazy," Motoyasu scoffed, glaring at the raven- as if he had accomplished something.

"It was just an offer. Don't start getting moody now, you just set yourself up for a walk back. With me," Naofumi huffed, pacing past the blond, really not caring if he followed or not. Naofumi preferred he waited a moment, having no means to let more of his energy drain from such a dense ladies' man.

Motoyasu caught up with Naofumi, walking just behind the male. Motoyasu gently grabbed the raven's hand, making the raven jump back- hauling his hand to his chest.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Naofumi hissed, gritting his teeth- trying hard not to send a fist the blond's way. Naofumi already knew the blond was physically stronger and would easily block the attack- but it was pure anger that persuaded him to do so. Even with that, he kept his hand close to his chest, curled up into a tight fist.